The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

+25
Notch
red_stag
rodders
Biltong
mickyt
WillyGilly
MBTGOG
Rory_Gallagher
littleswannygirl
Cari
eirebilly
Hound_of_Harrow
PJHolybloke
ChequeredJersey
PenfroPete
prop_lyd
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
Mickado
Thomond
Luckless Pedestrian
Gibson
Rava
Pal Joey
29 posters

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Pal Joey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 11:57 am

First topic message reminder :

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

This week the pub has set up in the host city London, where we can watch the greatest athletes from all four corners of the globe compete in a multitude of Sports under the one thousand flame Olympic torch... each wearing the 5 coloured Olympic rings of blue, white (or black), red, yellow and green.

"Citius, Altius, Fortius" (faster, higher, stronger) has been the motto for the modern Olympic Games since their beginning in 1896.
(but not too high obviously!) Whistle

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Marcus Aurelius, Henri Didon, Baron Pierre de Coubertin, Sir Steve Redgrave, Cameron Van De Burgh, Marianne Vos, Murray Rose, Jesse Owens, Emil Zátopek,
Zara Phillips and her fabulous horse "Toytown" and last but not least.... Boris Johnson playing whiff-whaff against Danny Boyle.

Ale guinness Whisky cider RedWine guinness Ale The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley16 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley10 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley11 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley17 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley18 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley12 The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Smiley13 Yikes Erm Very Happy Yahoo Ale guinness coffee mug

Last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t32901-the-zone-virtual-sports-bar-hamilton

Last edited by Linebreaker on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 12:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:54 pm

Hello Sailor.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:59 pm

Listen, Im getting jealous of all these bleedin FOUNDER, WRITER, AUTHOR, V2JOURNAL, MODERATOR, bollix from ye goys. I want a PUB FOUNDER one roysh.

Just sayin. Cool
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:19 pm

Mickado wrote:
Thomond wrote:Micko, http://orlando.about.com/od/restaurants/tp/irishpubs.htm might be worth a shout

Could get it for you online but are you bringing a laptop or ipad?

I won't be bringing a lapdog and i don't have an iPad, might buy one over there, but won't be buying it JUST to watch GAA Smile

Yerra that was obvious like, not many have that cash to be flinging around, probably wouldn't cost too muhc more to fly back to it! I would say it's wiser to be scrimping to become Batman, $650 million apparently. Anyone want go get in touch with Roman? If you do end up getting one, I have places that work for internet so I presume iPad will be grand.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

Mark Cavendish.

What do you mean, "There's no sign of him?" Headscratch
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:55 pm

Evening pub. Woss it all about then?

I've been covering for a work colleague while she has been on holiday for two weeks, to the extent that I went in for several hours on Saturday to clear stuff up so she didn't come back to a pile of poo. Came in this morning expecting the workload to drastically reduce, only to find out she has been signed off for at least a week with a bad back.

My manager slagging me off by email for something I haven't done when I completed it on Thursday - she just hasn't checked.

Feiced right off.
censored

Anyway, it's Choppers birthday and mini beer fest drink up in Wycombe on Saturday. Waspies at play.
Yahoo

Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale Ale

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:04 pm

Just had steroid injection in shoulder so I may actually be fully fit for the first time in 2 seasons!! They weren't lying that it will hurt for 2 days though!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:43 pm

Heya pub
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:51 pm

Afternoon all. Watching the Gymnastics, some of those boys are incredibly agile and very strong. Maybe Ireland should sign a few up for rugby?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:57 pm

Evening pubberoony coffee

Hope everyone is fine and dandy.

ooh I'm sooo excited The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 3933776953 I'm going to my first game of the season on the 8th September down the Liberty to see O's v Ulcer. I hope that they pick T. to play, I want make sure he's all right. Wink Well actually, if he does play I'm hoping he won't be all there and make some cracking offloads to his old O's chums and help them score a few tidy tries! Laugh I wasn't sure if I'd make that game unless it's on a Saturday...which it is! Happy days... The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Games of the XXX Olympiad Pub, London - Page 2 3933776953

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 30 Jul 2012, 6:59 pm

Gibson wrote:Listen, Im getting jealous of all these bleedin FOUNDER, WRITER, AUTHOR, V2JOURNAL, MODERATOR, bollix from ye goys. I want a PUB FOUNDER one roysh.

Just sayin. Cool

OIIII YOU! If you're getting a badge then I want one saying "ASK ME ABOUT PINTS" er...no, I mean I want one saying that I was landlady or something important too. king Can I have a yellow one? raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:26 pm

Great effort to get bronze in the gymnastics by the British men. Lauren went with a friend who had tickets to watch the Rowing today, very jealous, need to ask how we did.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:46 pm

Cari wrote:
Gibson wrote:Listen, Im getting jealous of all these bleedin FOUNDER, WRITER, AUTHOR, V2JOURNAL, MODERATOR, bollix from ye goys. I want a PUB FOUNDER one roysh.

Just sayin. Cool

OIIII YOU! If you're getting a badge then I want one saying "ASK ME ABOUT PINTS" er...no, I mean I want one saying that I was landlady or something important too. king Can I have a yellow one? raspberry

Fair enuf Gov. Yo da woe-man Hug

Brilliant by the GB Gymnasts. Thought they had Silver, but Japan lodged a complaint. Hmmm...

Well done lads. Excellent belief and skill.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:12 pm

Tonight's session was too easy, I fear what Wednesday will bring. Hold me.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:15 pm

Eh, I still couldn't run today. Hope the back feels better soon, running out of training months
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:17 pm

CJ you getting physio for it? that's probably the only way to get through it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:18 pm

Nah, only happened yesterday, can't possibly determine the damage yet. I'm sure it'll just be bruising
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:23 pm

Screw it, I've got a GP session tomorrow, I'll ask my supervisor to examine it Laugh
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

Evening pub. guinness

The gymnastics was amazing! Really didn't expect to see that! Just watching hockey now, played a bit when I was at school. Not quite to this level though obviously!

Start a new temp job in the morning covering a sickness absence. No idea how long I'll be there, could be a week, could be a month! Will find out tomorrow.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:30 pm

15 year old girl from Lithuania just won Gold in the 100 metres freestyle. Unreal. She cant believe it either.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:07 pm

Anyone know how many sevens teams are qualifying in 2016?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:23 pm

CJ - I reckon the IOC will follow the IRB 7s format of 16 teams. Unless they are thinking of expanding the competition to 32 and 4/5 days.

There are some countries ib the top 16 ranked countries in the IRB 15s rankings who need to make a commitment and get their skates on if they want to part of that gig.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:25 pm

So North Korea are so far dominating the men's Weightlifting. Two gold medals in their pocket. China must be furious, they were expected to win the two gold medals, and today their lifter didn't even win bronze!

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:35 pm

Evening pub, just a quick Jagerbomb for me please.

A North Korean broke a world record earlier, didn't he, Rory? I won't pretend to know much about weightlifting, but a world record isn't too shabby I'd have thought!

I missed the gymnastics. Stupid kettlebells. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:55 pm

Right, I'm off. No one here to pay, but I'm an honourable man, so I'll leave ten pence on the bar for my Jagerbomb.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:04 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Evening pub, just a quick Jagerbomb for me please.

A North Korean broke a world record earlier, didn't he, Rory? I won't pretend to know much about weightlifting, but a world record isn't too shabby I'd have thought!

I missed the gymnastics. Stupid kettlebells. Wink

Yeah he won the overall world record! Unbelievable that the North Koreans are dominating the Weightlifting. I can't wait to see what the next few days have to offer. After about 85kg or so, the Asians aren't as successful and the Europeans take over. Iran are almost certain to take gold in the 105kg+ category though.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:07 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Anyone know how many sevens teams are qualifying in 2016?

The IOC asked them during the bidding process, "why have you only asking for 12 teams when you're tournaments normally have 16?" The head of delegation answered "Well that is all you are allowing us to."

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

Oh and Limerick is on TV. No matter what people say, I will always believe this to be a beautiful city filled with beautiful people.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:10 pm

Just sayin. Cool

That was on the old BBC 606 though wasn't it? Shouldn't count on this all new v2 Wink

Only joshing .......... Run

See you on Friday RedWine guinness cider
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 30 Jul 2012, 10:37 pm

Jet stream's back then.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 31 Jul 2012, 1:22 am

Just finished watching The Help. Best movie I have seen in quite a while.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:32 am

I'll put the egg egg 🥓 :sausages: + fried tomato on. coffee

Mornin Pub. Lovely day for it.

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:36 am

Nice work, Gib, usual for me pls? Morning all

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:40 am

egg egg coffee

Mornin As. Usual for Sir. Get that intae ya pal. OK

One more day for moi. zen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrwFkByhlJo
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:06 am

Morning all, I'll have one of thosew too please Gibbo!! Roll on 2 weeks Sunday when I'm off to America!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:09 am

Morning pub. In and straight out for me, I'll have a bacon sarnie to go
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:11 am

Morning All. Gibbo in charge of Breakfast Very Happy There's a first! Cheers buddy coffee

Just remember its all down hill again after tomorrow guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:13 am

Morning slackers.

Pretty grim morning in London today made worse by the fact Im on the way to Weybridge by the longest route possible via Hounslow and Stains. But let's not let that get us down for I have two weeks off from Thursday!!

I'll have that!!!

Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

Have you found out what time you finish on Thursday?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:20 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all, cuppa and more cuppa is the order of the day.

Glas a du wrote:Jet stream's back then.

Is that a fact? I haven't heard the weather forecasters mention it - but maybe they just don't want to p!ss everyone off during the Olympics.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:25 am

egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg
tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato tomato
:rashers: :rashers: :rashers: :rashers: :rashers: :rashers: :rashers: :rashers:
:sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage: :sausage:
🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞

coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Jeezuz me right-arm is knackered.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:28 am

Morning pub.

Miserable drizzly day here. I hope the sun shines for all those heading to Chef s at the weekend.
thumbsup

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:31 am

Rava wrote:Have you found out what time you finish on Thursday?

Not until half fricking four
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:43 am

You wandering up for dinner then (with all your stuff)?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:44 am

Gibson wrote: egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg
🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞

Have you not heard of ambidexterity? You will have to learn to use your left.

To turn the eggs like Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:46 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:You wandering up for dinner then (with all your stuff)?

Just remember we have an early flight on Friday morning Rolling Eyes cider (tricky)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:32 am

Gibson wrote: egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg
🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞 🍞

Both my arms are wrecked. Two hour gym session this morning. I can barely raise my cereal to my mouth.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:42 am

The lower your mouth to your cereal. That's how the animals do it. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 31 Jul 2012, 9:43 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:You wandering up for dinner then (with all your stuff)?

not entirely sure yet to be honest Tu is over for a few days from this avo, he's doing some work with the Olympics so I might be doing something with him but sure ill keep you posted anyway
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:10 am

For anyone who's interested, I've set up a Dew Drop mini-league for the Barclays Fantasy Premier League. PM me for the code to enter.

I've been rushed off my feet this morning. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Tue 31 Jul 2012, 11:16 am

Morning guys,

How's everyone doing? Sorry I ain't been on the last few months. Just a hectic time for Micky T.

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the start of the new season.

mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next