The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlie Adam is a "Coward"

+7
hampo17
GSC
John Cregan
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Good Golly I'm Olly
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
11 posters

Go down

Charlie Adam is a "Coward" Empty Charlie Adam is a "Coward"

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3Hcb2Nleo

Gareth Bale has blasted Charlie Adam for a second tackle which left the Welsh international with a potentially serious injury.

I've just watched the video and it doesnt look good. He's a dirty player so I am not really surprised.

Thoughts on the tackle.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Charlie Adam is a "Coward" Empty Re: Charlie Adam is a "Coward"

Post by Crimey Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:58 pm

It's not pretty, but you see tackles like that all the time, it's pretty much standard for a player to take somebody who looks like he is about to go clear down. I don't think people should, but I don't think Adam should be vilified for doing something that is common practice. It was hardly a career-threatening tackle, just tripped him.

There's also some irony in Bale choosing to come back after not going to the Olympics and showing that perhaps he shouldn't have been playing for Spurs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:14 pm

He put his studs on the ankle, its not like he clipped his heals.

Dont get me wrong, I love a tackle, but only when they are done properly. What Adam done is typical of a player who has just been done.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:18 pm

It's not that bad a tackle. I was expecting to see some sort of two footed monster tackle! Those tackles happen all the time in football, man up Bale
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:He put his studs on the ankle, its not like he clipped his heals.

Dont get me wrong, I love a tackle, but only when they are done properly. What Adam done is typical of a player who has just been done.

Sorry, I didn't see a zoomed in replay.

It's obviously not a very good tackle, but there are lot worse tackles. I imagine if Bale hadn't already been slightly injured when he played the tackle wouldn't have resulted in an injury.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:21 am

Crimey wrote:

It's obviously not a very good tackle, but there are lot worse tackles. I imagine if Bale hadn't already been slightly injured when he played the tackle wouldn't have resulted in an injury.

There are worse tackles, of course. I'm not sure that's a fair position from which to argue, however. It's pretty clear he's not going for the ball, and he went in for the ankle with his studs up. Perhaps it wasn't an attempt to seriously injure the player so much as just give him a kick and frighten him. It's still cynical and dirty play whichever way you look at it. Personally, I think it was a deliberate attempt to injure the player because he went in studs up. Given that the incident happened in a friendly just makes it worse.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:27 am

Even as a liverpool supporter, I'm often let cringing at Adam's pi55-poor tackling. He seems woefully inept at best and a ******* liability at worst. The number of needless freekicks given away last season was shocking. Mind you, Lucas was the same but he's improved out of sight. I'd like to think Adam will learn from Lucas's example, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for Bale, he seems to have developed the horrid Premiership disease of rolling around like he's been tasered whenever he'd within four feet of a challenge. Shame, cos he's a real talent but he's in danger of being tarred with the same brush as the likes of Ashley Young.

As for Kyle Walker's comments that Adam only went in like that cos he was jealous of Bale, if Adam tried to injure every player who was better than him, the Premiership would be five-a-side.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 am

I think the tackle 2 seasons ago (Spurs v Blackpool) was pre meditated and nasty and bizzarely overlooked by the officials.......even Harry Redknapp defended Adam at the time.............im with Bale on this...........

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

Adam's always been a dirty player
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:14 am

Was a nothing challenge, gone for the trip and caught the ankle nothing more. Perhaps Bale should have stayed at the Olympics instead of saying he was injured?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:25 am

A very mis-judged and mis-timed tackle. If he had actually fully commited himself to the tackle, he would've stood a chance in winning the ball. I don't see anything malicious in it. Certainly not cowardly.

Cowardly is bottling out of a tournament 'feigning' injury for the reason.

Poetic justice in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:33 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:A very mis-judged and mis-timed tackle. If he had actually fully commited himself to the tackle, he would've stood a chance in winning the ball. I don't see anything malicious in it. Certainly not cowardly.

Have a look at his challenge on Bale in the 2010/11 season when he was with Blackpool........that was cowardly.................."bottling out" of a Mickey Mouse tournament - really??

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:37 am

John Cregan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:A very mis-judged and mis-timed tackle. If he had actually fully commited himself to the tackle, he would've stood a chance in winning the ball. I don't see anything malicious in it. Certainly not cowardly.

Have a look at his challenge on Bale in the 2010/11 season when he was with Blackpool........that was cowardly.................."bottling out" of a Mickey Mouse tournament - really??

What tackle is being discussed? The one the OP has quoted or a 2010/11 one?

Olympics mickey mouse? Righhhhhtttttt

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am

John Cregan wrote:

A mickey mouse international tournament is more than he'll get playing for Wales Laugh

Blatter said he was considering taking disciplinary action and I hope he does.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:14 am

Legend,

I haven't seen last weeks tackle, but Bale referred to the horrific "tackle" on him in 2011 when he labelled Adam a "Coward"..........have a look at it and you will see what he is talking about......

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:24 am

John,

The tackle the OP posted is being discussed. My view is that the tackle was not as bad as Bale is insinuating. Mis-judged and mis-timed. The tackle in 2010 is not the best of tackles.

The irony here is that Bale claimed 'injury' for pulling out of the Olympics and that dishonesty has bitten him on the arse if you ask me because now he is 'genuinely' injured.

I am not one for seeing other players causing others injury deliberately, but the challenge being discussed was not one to cause injury deliberately.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:25 am

I disappointed in both to be honest , yes it was a poor tackle no excuse at all but Bale should of handled this privately imo ...he is just coming across as a cry baby .

I know im from a different generation but players years ago would just of nailed the opponent the next time they played not gone whining to the press about .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

It was a bad tackle but no worst then what I have to injure most Sunday league games. He is gaining a rep of being a cryer which will only make him much more of a target!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:08 pm

Its a bit of a cheap tackle if you can call it that. As a player there's nothing worse than being fouled on purpose as you drive away into space. When you have studs dragged down the back of your foot, its even worse.

Adam is a terrible tackler. I think he has got a dirty streak to him. I do think Bale should have kept it quiet but I think he's got caught up in the heat of the moment. I think its mainly because he's injured and with a tackle like this one, its probably p'd him off more than anything.

Move on from it I say, its being blown way out of proportion.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:11 pm

While this one was nothing like the disgusting challenge of 2011I think the fact that Adam didn't go over to see how he was sums the guy up................no class.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:12 pm

imo, i think bales complained because it was supposed to be a friendly, theres no need for tackles like that and its the same reason i refuse to play sunday league footy. because the tackling is disgusting

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:19 pm

Probably didn't think it was that bad and Bale was rolling around for effect hence not checking how he is. I don't remember people saying this like this about Lucas Neill when he broke Cisses and Carraghers legs in the same game.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:32 pm

Regardless, theres no need for a tackle like that in a friendly game
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:34 pm

Wasn't a bad tackle, you see that challenge happen every game on a Saturday and nobody says a word. Do it in a friendly and it's all of a sudden a shocker.
Crazy, it's not like he two footed him is it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:50 pm

hampo171 wrote:Wasn't a bad tackle, you see that challenge happen every game on a Saturday and nobody says a word. Do it in a friendly and it's all of a sudden a shocker.

because it was a friendly! it wasnt competitive. friendlies are designed to gain match practice and fitness not to go out and crop fellow pro's

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:54 pm

I'll say it again, these tackles are in every match whether it's friendlies or the world cup final. The reason it's being blown out of proportion is because of Bale whinging to the media. Wouldn't even be discussed had he not had a whinge.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:03 pm

but it was clearly deliberate..

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Don't think it was deliberate to rake his ankle, an attempted trip that was mistimed nothing more. Think people are just trying to look for a way to make this a lot worse. Also this supposed injury he suffered is nothing and is likely to play in the next friendly.

If he had seriously injured him then fair enough have a moan, but if that tackle is the other way round nobody mentions it.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:11 pm

JamesLincs wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Wasn't a bad tackle, you see that challenge happen every game on a Saturday and nobody says a word. Do it in a friendly and it's all of a sudden a shocker.

because it was a friendly! it wasnt competitive. friendlies are designed to gain match practice and fitness not to go out and crop fellow pro's

Pfffft.

For crying out loud, if you want practice, stick to training. There was nothing malicious in the tackle.

I mean how many mis-timed tackles did Scholes make? He wasn't a dirty player either! Just couldn't tackle.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down