The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts"

+15
GLove39
dyrewolfe
Duty281
Pal Joey
HERSH
liverbnz
Crimey
TopHat24/7
Thomond
bluestonevedder
Galted
GSC
Shelsey93
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Jennifer1984
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts" - Page 2 Empty Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts"

Post by Jennifer1984 Wed 01 Aug 2012, 8:11 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19074013

This makes a mockery of the athletes oath, given during the opening ceremony, to at all times give of their best.

In my opinion, these players should be charged by the IOC with bringing the Olympic Movement into disrepute and if found guilty, disqualified.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts" - Page 2 Empty Re: Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts"

Post by John Cregan Thu 02 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Again, there's a big difference between not trying to win and trying to lose.

Of course i agree there is a difference. Obviously in the Badminton game, they were the "only" team.............

Jennifer, where are the "pacemakers" gone?? Usually one or two, granted not in every race.............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts" - Page 2 Empty Re: Badminton Players Charged With "Not Giving Their Best Efforts"

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 02 Aug 2012, 4:21 pm

John Cregan wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Again, there's a big difference between not trying to win and trying to lose.

Of course i agree there is a difference. Obviously in the Badminton game, they were the "only" team.............

Jennifer, where are the "pacemakers" gone?? Usually one or two, granted not in every race.............

No pacemakers in the Olympics, John. Are you sure you're not thinking of the Grand Prix circuit where pacemakers are frequently used.

I believe the using of pacemakers is outlawed by Olympic Rule 40.

I still think the Keirin is dodgy but obviously, different rules exist for this event. Don't ask me why.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2