The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic Badminton Tickets

+2
Mad for Chelsea
ChubbyCheshire
6 posters

Go down

Olympic Badminton Tickets Empty Olympic Badminton Tickets

Post by ChubbyCheshire Thu 31 Mar 2011, 1:30 pm

I posted this originally on 606 - but thought it was worth re-airing on here !

When the prices were first announced last year, I thought a range of £20 - £75 sounded fair - but when I come to apply that's per session and there are 3 sessions per day - the morning sessions and afternoon sessions are only 2.5 hours long - the evening session - which is the same price - is 4.5 hours long.

Paying £20 for a couple of hours if you live nearby is fine, but when you have to add train fares, hotels it's not worthwhile unless you pay for at least 2 sessions and,as I would be with the family, the cost becomes...well not worth it particularly if you end up seeing the badminton equivalent of Eric the Eel! And they were saying that they would need to encourage attendance at Badminton !

The All England is much better value and you know you will see the stars and some great games - so that's where my money is going - which is a shame, it would have been nice to have said we'd been !

Rant over !

ChubbyCheshire

Back to top Go down

Olympic Badminton Tickets Empty Re: Olympic Badminton Tickets

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 03 Apr 2011, 11:50 am

Hi Chubby!

well as you say 20£ for a couple of hours play is probably OTT when you factor in train fares, etc. so why not go to more events, enjoy the experience. I'm lucky enough to have falimy in London which takes care of accomodation and transport to the venues is free for ticket holders, so I'm planning on going over for a week and going to basically as much as I can.

I suppose if you're only interested in one sport there are probably better options than the Olympics, which I think is as much about the whole experience.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by ChubbyCheshire Mon 04 Apr 2011, 2:07 pm

Trouble is badminton is in Wembley - so it would mean a fair bit of travelling to see the events at the main arena - also I'm not that into athletics. I enjoy badminton but not at any price - so I'll just have to hope the TV coverage is good - I may also book my hols for then...it may make them cheaper !!

ChubbyCheshire

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:22 am

ChubbyCheshire wrote:Trouble is badminton is in Wembley - so it would mean a fair bit of travelling to see the events at the main arena - also I'm not that into athletics. I enjoy badminton but not at any price - so I'll just have to hope the TV coverage is good - I may also book my hols for then...it may make them cheaper !!

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:25 am

ChubbyCheshire wrote:Trouble is badminton is in Wembley - so it would mean a fair bit of travelling to see the events at the main arena - also I'm not that into athletics. I enjoy badminton but not at any price - so I'll just have to hope the TV coverage is good - I may also book my hols for then...it may make them cheaper !!
However

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 22 Jul 2011, 1:26 am

Mad for Chelsea wrote:Hi Chubby!

well as you say 20£ for a couple of hours play is probably OTT when you factor in train fares, etc. so why not go to more events, enjoy the experience. I'm lucky enough to have falimy in London which takes care of accomodation and transport to the venues is free for ticket holders, so I'm planning on going over for a week and going to basically as much as I can.

I suppose if you're only interested in one sport there are probably better options than the Olympics, which I think is as much about the whole experience.
hopwever

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick_Wagner Wed 19 Oct 2011, 9:36 am

Hi Guys,

I’ve heard that official agents are the only way to get tickets at this point? Has anyone had any other type of experience with resellers? I missed out in the lottery and looking to get my hands on some badminton tickets…
Thanks,
Patrick.

Patrick_Wagner

Back to top Go down

Post by mybills1 Tue 25 Oct 2011, 2:50 pm

Hi Patrick, you can currently buy them at eventeam dot france (i cant post links as a new member) They are the official sellers for France they have Badminton available at the moment. I have bought tickets from here all above board, you can check on the offical london2012 site that eventeam are the offical french seller of tickets.

mybills1

Back to top Go down

Post by arodgers Mon 14 Nov 2011, 5:21 pm

Hey Pat,

I bought my football tickets through an official reseller as well, THG Sports Tours. I'm not sure whether or not they do badminton as well- you'll have to check.

Good Luck!!

arodgers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down