The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting

+3
uberkiwi
AberdeenSteve
Adam D
7 posters

Go down

The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting Empty The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting

Post by Adam D Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:12 pm

Watching Edge leave suddenly was very good this week - no storyline, just a truthful exit.

Others have done it before from the WWE (HBK and Flair spring to mind) but others have done it as part of a storyline (thinking JBL, Bischoff, Lita etc).

So I was thinking, how will Undie go?

In a storyline or out of character.

I think that it will be in character and this is how I would book it.

After his last match at Mania to get the 20 and 0, the lights go out and the spotlight hits the stage. Paul Bearer comes out with the urn and climbs in the ring with him. As usual he bows to it but Bearer tells him to stand up. He opens the urn and a bright light comes out followed by the whole arena being lit by brilliant illumination. Then the bell dongs and the druids come out to the ring.

Inside Paul and Taker are hugging and Bearer tells him its time to leave. Taker smiles before being carried off by the druids into the light.

Takers soul has gone into the light and left for good.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting Empty Re: The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

I always liked the idea of Kane and Undertaker retiring at the same time, they are both in the ring when the lights go out and the bell sounds. The lights flash back on again and all that is left in the ring is the Urn and Kane's mask.

I can see Taker 100% retiring with a story line. He'd have to come out as Mark Callaway to give a speech like Edge/HBK have done in the past. It would just be too out of character for The Undertaker to come out and address the fans!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting Empty Re: The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting

Post by uberkiwi Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

Id love to see something similar, but with Kane involved - it would be brilliant if they retired together (although I dont know how they would feel about sharing the limelight).

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:17 pm

Damn you Steve!

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:22 pm

I think he should retire after a match with Shawn Michaels. Right near the end, with Taker on the ground Shawn would go to the corner for Sweet Chin Music. Realising his time was up, the Undertaker would get to his feet giving it the "Come on" gesture. Shawn would look at Taker with tears in his eyes and mouth the words "I'm sorry, I love you" before knocking out the Deadman with Sweet Chin Music. After the 3 count, HBK would kiss the Undertaker on the forehead and leave, before Taker got up to a standing ovation. He'd then hug all his family members who'd be sitting at ringside, walk up the ramp, turn around for one last time and wave to the fans as he was crying his eyes out. Then he'd walk through the curtain, never to return.

That's how I'd book it anway.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:24 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I think he should retire after a match with Shawn Michaels. Right near the end, with Taker on the ground Shawn would go to the corner for Sweet Chin Music. Realising his time was up, the Undertaker would get to his feet giving it the "Come on" gesture. Shawn would look at Taker with tears in his eyes and mouth the words "I'm sorry, I love you" before knocking out the Deadman with Sweet Chin Music. After the 3 count, HBK would kiss the Undertaker on the forehead and leave, before Taker got up to a standing ovation. He'd then hug all his family members who'd be sitting at ringside, walk up the ramp, turn around for one last time and wave to the fans as he was crying his eyes out. Then he'd walk through the curtain, never to return.

Until TNA came along of course

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:26 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:
theundisputedY2D2 wrote:I think he should retire after a match with Shawn Michaels. Right near the end, with Taker on the ground Shawn would go to the corner for Sweet Chin Music. Realising his time was up, the Undertaker would get to his feet giving it the "Come on" gesture. Shawn would look at Taker with tears in his eyes and mouth the words "I'm sorry, I love you" before knocking out the Deadman with Sweet Chin Music. After the 3 count, HBK would kiss the Undertaker on the forehead and leave, before Taker got up to a standing ovation. He'd then hug all his family members who'd be sitting at ringside, walk up the ramp, turn around for one last time and wave to the fans as he was crying his eyes out. Then he'd walk through the curtain, never to return.

Until TNA came along of course

And start elbow dropping his leather overcoat at every opportunity.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:31 pm

Taker in a wheelchair would be epic though.

As would a Rest In Peace-off with Jay Lethal.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:35 pm

"Rest in peace.."
"REST IN PE..
"Thats my line!"

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:38 pm

Y2, it would have to be a roll the eyes off. The atmosphere in the place would be electric.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:44 pm

What about a Bringing The Lights Back Up-off. Taker would go to bring them back up, and Jay Lethal would lower his arms to make them go off again?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 13 Apr 2011, 3:46 pm

I think you have cracked it mate! Shocked

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

The Undertakers retirement - creative meeting Empty WWE Quiz

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:17 pm

I'd be inclined to retire Taker and Kane together, i'd have done it in a buried alive tag match when a seriously unhinged Kane would want to destroy everyone and Taker has to fight his battles, everyone Kane would beat to a pulp in the build up would stage a 'superstar revolt'

have most of these guys consisting of wrestlers/divas/announcers/backstage crew become vigilanties, have Taker fight them all off up at the grave then with Kane in distress Taker consoles him before nailing him with a Tombstone that would signify a Mercy Killing, then Taker throws him into the grave and knowing how fearful Kane is of the Darkside he jumps into the grave with him and the gongs toll as the PPV goes off air

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:24 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I'd be inclined to retire Taker and Kane together, i'd have done it in a buried alive tag match when a seriously unhinged Kane would want to destroy everyone and Taker has to fight his battles, everyone Kane would beat to a pulp in the build up would stage a 'superstar revolt'

have most of these guys consisting of wrestlers/divas/announcers/backstage crew become vigilanties, have Taker fight them all off up at the grave then with Kane in distress Taker consoles him before nailing him with a Tombstone that would signify a Mercy Killing, then Taker throws him into the grave and knowing how fearful Kane is of the Darkside he jumps into the grave with him and the gongs toll as the PPV goes off air

I like that a lot gaffer. thumbsup

But you missed the part where all the superstars come out, surround the grave and start applauding. Very Happy

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:28 pm

Meh Its a bit cheesy (the story not the clapping)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:37 pm

Nah mate I think it would work. I think Taker needs to go out in a gimmicky kind of way, by all accounts he's quite protective of his character so he wouldn't want it to be all tears, handshakes & hugs.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:42 pm

I Just want to hear Paul Bearer's brilliant voice one more time. laughing

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

To be honest i do think it would also play into how mentally unstable Kane is and Taker wanting to protect him woukd tie in with him initially not wanting to fight him back in 97

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 4:49 pm

the-gaffer wrote:To be honest i do think it would also play into how mentally unstable Kane is and Taker wanting to protect him woukd tie in with him initially not wanting to fight him back in 97

Everything coming full circle regarding Taker and Kane.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:12 pm

Taker will go at Wrestlemania 28.
Mark my words.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:17 pm

No chance, Taker already got stretchered out 27

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Morgan Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:40 pm

What about all the other superstars take him out for a nice meal and get him a watch as a leaving present?

Dexter Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 16 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

🤦

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down