The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

+22
blackcanelion
maestegmafia
Argie fan
Otagolad
OzT
overlordofthewest
Full Credit
Brendan
nobbled
kiakahaaotearoa
Gunner
aucklandlaurie
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Chjw131
HERSH
yappysnap
Pal Joey
Taylorman
anotherworldofpain
Knowsit17
Biltong
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 4 Empty The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

As you all know the Rugby Championship is on its way. Same game as last time.

Predict the score in each match, currently RDW has the number 1 ranking, he earned his position with the summer tours.

Because this is the big SH tournament it will count for the same ranking points as the summer tours.

Fixtures.

18 August 2012
Australia vs New Zealand - Sydney
South Africa vs Argentina - Capetown

25 August 2012
New Zealand vs Australia - Auckland
Argentina vs South Africa - Mendoza

8 September 2012
Australia vs South Africa - Perth
New Zealand vs Argentina - Wellington

15 September 2012
Australia vs Argentina - Gold Coast
New Zealand vs South Africa - Duneden

29 September 2012
South Africa vs Australia - Pretoria
Argentina vs New Zealand - La Plata

6 October 2012
South Africa vs New Zealand -Soweto
Argentina vs Austalia - Rosario.

Get you predictions in, remember you miss a game you get 50 points penalty.

LEADERBOARD.

Spoiler:

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND TWO.

Spoiler:

FINAL LEADERBOARD

1ST ASBO
2ND Taylorman
3RD KIA

Well done boys.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Biltong on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by Pal Joey Thu 27 Sep 2012, 6:46 am

OK mate, I was referring to kia's comment.

I know all too well that the Wallabies have been on thin ice and getting away with it in their games against the Boks and Argies so far.

I'm tipping it to come crashing down this weekend. I hope I'm wrong though. Wink I'll stick with the Boks by 11.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 4 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:05 am

Well they key here is whether they are skating on thin ice or not, they have won 5 in succession against us, it is amazing though when you look at those 5 matches bar of course our away match last year in the Tri Nations, those games could have gone either way, so it does say something about the wallabies, they know how to win tough matches.

The Boks currently doesn't seem to know how to win tough matches.

I suspect Morne Steyn has a lot to do with it due to his kicking, but it has also been infuriating watching certain tries go begging due to some very poor execution and decision making in the back line.

EG.

Last match vs the All BLacks, 3 of the 6 kicks that went amiss was easy regulation kicks, that's nine points, then two passes went lost on definite tries. That's at lest another 10 points.

So in the All Black game we threw away 19 points.

Against Australia the week before, Jean de Villiers runs diagonally across the pitch cramping Kirchner's space for a certain try as the only defender left is AAC who tackles bith at the same time.

I can look at all our matches this year, we should have won more, could have won all of them.

But I guess that is proof of how small the margins are in test rugby.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Thu 27 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

SA 21 Aus 24
Arg 18 NZ 34

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 27 Sep 2012, 11:47 pm

Biltong wrote:Well they key here is whether they are skating on thin ice or not, they have won 5 in succession against us, it is amazing though when you look at those 5 matches bar of course our away match last year in the Tri Nations, those games could have gone either way, so it does say something about the wallabies, they know how to win tough matches.

The Boks currently doesn't seem to know how to win tough matches.

I suspect Morne Steyn has a lot to do with it due to his kicking, but it has also been infuriating watching certain tries go begging due to some very poor execution and decision making in the back line.

EG.

Last match vs the All BLacks, 3 of the 6 kicks that went amiss was easy regulation kicks, that's nine points, then two passes went lost on definite tries. That's at lest another 10 points.

So in the All Black game we threw away 19 points.

Against Australia the week before, Jean de Villiers runs diagonally across the pitch cramping Kirchner's space for a certain try as the only defender left is AAC who tackles bith at the same time.

I can look at all our matches this year, we should have won more, could have won all of them.

But I guess that is proof of how small the margins are in test rugby.

Kind of what I mentioned earlier. The current Boks squad 'needs' things to go their way. They're not good at finishing, coming from behind and its simply a skill and strategy issue. Goosen I believe will tidy up those areas enough for things to go SA's way a little more often...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:23 am

bsando wrote:SA 21 Aus 24
Arg 18 NZ 34

Yes Aus will win but i have no idea on points, i predict a greater margin for NZ who will undo Arg defence out wide

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:05 am

Arg 16 - 12 NZ
SA 25 - 20 Aus
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 29 Sep 2012, 3:33 pm

Aus 31 SA 29
NZ 28 Arg 26

I don't honestly feel Oz will win this one but couldn't bring myself to tip against them, it feels treasonous.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:46 pm

Gee my 34-14 wasn't far off. NZ to follow hopefully. Not as confident with this one...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:28 pm

Stuff it, here goes....

SA 13 NZ 32
Arg 17 Oz 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:33 pm

I'm with you ebop...

NZ 38, SA 14
Arg 29, Oz 22

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 05 Oct 2012, 10:18 pm

Ok I'll never hear the end of it otherwise.

NZ 28 SA 21
Argentina 25 Australia 21

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:58 pm

I'll back the Wallabies to win and the kiwis too

SA 20 (2 tries + 3 pens) ABs 35 ( 4 tries 2 pens ) all converted
Arg 16 ( 1 try 3 pens ) Oz 25 ( 4 tries 1 pen ) 1 converted

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 06 Oct 2012, 1:16 am

SA 23 AB 20
Arg 18 Aus 21

probably just given SA and Aus the kiss of death.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 06 Oct 2012, 3:24 am

Sa by4
Oz by 10
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 8:31 am

Biltong:
Can you explain, please, how to calculate the "CUMULATIVE" row?
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:00 am

Argiefan, I don't have my laptop with me, but I'll show you your accumulative scores on monday morning and explain them then. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:24 am

blackcanelion wrote:SA 23 AB 20
Arg 18 Aus 21

probably just given SA and Aus the kiss of death.

Good work bc. Taking one for the team. thumbsup

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:27 am

SA 21 - NZ 21 (just can't pick us to lose)
Arg 22 Aus 12
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 06 Oct 2012, 3:17 pm

NZ 21 - SA 18
Oz 25 - Arg 22

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

NZ by 12
AR by 6
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

It comes down to the Argentina Wallabies match. The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 4 3933776953 Who else has predicted all the wins bearing in mind no one picked the draw between SA and Argentina?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:46 pm

A few of us Kia. With todays and last weeks oz score my points diff are going to be there or abouts...but i got nowhere near the NZ diff last week.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

I'm way off on that as well. I'm just happy to have turned round a horror display in Super rugby.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:57 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:It comes down to the Argentina Wallabies match. The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 4 3933776953 Who else has predicted all the wins bearing in mind no one picked the draw between SA and Argentina?

Hey! I picked the draw! I just got the week wrong... Rolling Eyes

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:34 am

Anyone pick Australia to win in the last round? If those pesky Wallabies aren't defying the critics and beating the ABs then they're messing up my picks. Have they no shame?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 11 Oct 2012, 11:47 am

I did... by 5. Very Happy

Bloody tipped the Boks by 8 though.

Biltong, any chance of the final table?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm

Table up boys. Yahoo
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:44 pm

Biltong, massive thanks for running this comp (again) - much appreciated clap

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:45 pm

Pleasure mate, truth be told I run it cause I want to win it.

Didn't though. Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:49 pm

Thanks Biltong - t'was good fun. OK

Congrats As. Ale

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

Cheers Biltong. Good work mate. Well done on not fudging the figures.

And so happy ASBO you got a win over the Kiwis this autumn. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

Yeah awesome stuff biltong clap

Good fun, even though I sucked the kumara, damn pesky ozzies stuffing up my picks Rolling Eyes

What colour boots do you wear Kia? Not them fancy pink ones I hope.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

Chief
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 11 Oct 2012, 2:36 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Cheers Biltong. Good work mate. Well done on not fudging the figures.

And so happy ASBO you got a win over the Kiwis this autumn. Hug
swap you for a real one, buddy?

Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:28 pm

Newsflash. ASBO claims victory was not real. A thinly veiled admission he was on performance-enhancing drugs. Made all his picks on LSD.

Now to trump up some charges on Taylorman and I can claim outright victory. Yahoo

ebop, you get a honorary mention for just -3 points difference. I don't have anything pink except my little finger. My boots were always muddy brown because I couldn't be bothered cleaning the buggers. That way I had a ready excuse when my kicks didn't go over.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:34 pm

yep like valerie still waiting for the drug test results.
Thanks biltong. Was fun. You going to run a AI one? thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 11 Oct 2012, 7:44 pm

Will do so Taylorman. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:05 pm

FOURTH! I came FOURTH! There is quite amazing when you consider I made all my picks before the tournament start and change nothing! And was only beaten by some highly respectable opinionated posters!

Also I made a mistake and actually picked the DRAW between SA and ARG, but I got the week around the wrong way because I thought the tournament start the home and away game the other way for those two. Otherwise I would have won.

Which goes to show, a lot of people are disrespecting my opinions, but it turns out I am right quite a lot I think.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:21 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:FOURTH! I came FOURTH! There is quite amazing when you consider I made all my picks before the tournament start and change nothing! And was only beaten by some highly respectable opinionated posters!

Also I made a mistake and actually picked the DRAW between SA and ARG, but I got the week around the wrong way because I thought the tournament start the home and away game the other way for those two. Otherwise I would have won.

Which goes to show, a lot of people are disrespecting my opinions, but it turns out I am right quite a lot I think.
How very dare you?!?! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu 11 Oct 2012, 8:56 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
anotherworldofpain wrote:FOURTH! I came FOURTH! There is quite amazing when you consider I made all my picks before the tournament start and change nothing! And was only beaten by some highly respectable opinionated posters!

How very dare you?!?! Wink

I said something wrong? I meant I respect very much their opinions. Maybe I made a mistake in the grammar?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 12 Oct 2012, 8:38 am

Well done Asbo, just continuing Scotlands Success in the Southern hemisphere.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 12 Oct 2012, 10:56 am

Nice one Laurie. Maybe the stars are aligning for the Murrayfield game and we're placing too much emphasis on Brisbane. Be afraid. Braveheart

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4