The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

+22
blackcanelion
maestegmafia
Argie fan
Otagolad
OzT
overlordofthewest
Full Credit
Brendan
nobbled
kiakahaaotearoa
Gunner
aucklandlaurie
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Chjw131
HERSH
yappysnap
Pal Joey
Taylorman
anotherworldofpain
Knowsit17
Biltong
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 2 Empty The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by Biltong Sun 05 Aug 2012, 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

As you all know the Rugby Championship is on its way. Same game as last time.

Predict the score in each match, currently RDW has the number 1 ranking, he earned his position with the summer tours.

Because this is the big SH tournament it will count for the same ranking points as the summer tours.

Fixtures.

18 August 2012
Australia vs New Zealand - Sydney
South Africa vs Argentina - Capetown

25 August 2012
New Zealand vs Australia - Auckland
Argentina vs South Africa - Mendoza

8 September 2012
Australia vs South Africa - Perth
New Zealand vs Argentina - Wellington

15 September 2012
Australia vs Argentina - Gold Coast
New Zealand vs South Africa - Duneden

29 September 2012
South Africa vs Australia - Pretoria
Argentina vs New Zealand - La Plata

6 October 2012
South Africa vs New Zealand -Soweto
Argentina vs Austalia - Rosario.

Get you predictions in, remember you miss a game you get 50 points penalty.

LEADERBOARD.

Spoiler:

LEADERBOARD AFTER ROUND TWO.

Spoiler:

FINAL LEADERBOARD

1ST ASBO
2ND Taylorman
3RD KIA

Well done boys.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Biltong on Thu 11 Oct 2012, 12:18 pm; edited 6 times in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:23 am

I thought it was because you thought I was the spitting image of our number 7: another great Canterbury specimen in his prime. angel

Your way seems a hell of a lot less glamorous and way too overcomplicated. But good work nonetheless! thumbsup

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins!

Post by Biltong Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:39 am

Linebreaker wrote:So the object is to get as close as possible to '0' with maximum correct results... is that right?
Absolutely. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I thought it was because you thought I was the spitting image of our number 7: another great Canterbury specimen in his prime. angel

Your way seems a hell of a lot less glamorous and way too overcomplicated. But good work nonetheless! thumbsup

Mate from what you described you are a lean mean cycling machine, McCaw not so much (lean I mean).

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

Mate sometimes I look in the mirror and think Richie is standing right in front of me. Then I realise it's a poster and he's not actually in the room but that doesn't stop me from getting the heebie jeebies.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:54 am

The Rugby Championship prediction game - Final Table up, ASBO wins! - Page 2 Smiley-laughing021
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:08 pm

September 8 - 3th round

AUS 20 - SA 27
All Blacks 43 - Pumas 16
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:23 pm

September 8 - 3th round

AUS 21 - SA 24
All Blacks 53 - Pumas 19
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:28 pm

8th September 2012

Australia 25-20 South Africa
New Zealand 40-13 Argentina

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:04 pm

ABs 38 Arg 12
Aust 24 SAF 19

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Tue 04 Sep 2012, 5:47 pm

So far so good! Very Happy
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Tue 04 Sep 2012, 7:32 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Mate sometimes I look in the mirror and think Richie is standing right in front of me. Then I realise it's a poster and he's not actually in the room but that doesn't stop me from getting the heebie jeebies.

You got a full size poster of McCaw in your bedroom kia?

Now that's dedication!

Wonder if Meyers steyn is a little frayed yet?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 04 Sep 2012, 9:10 pm

AUS 45 - SA 16

NZ 54 - ARG 9

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

Aus 12 - SA 15

NZ 37 - Arg 9

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 10:40 pm

nobbled wrote:So far so good! Very Happy
Jammy git Very Happy 0 points diff, not bad nobbled.

This upcoming Oz v SA game could have ramifications. There doesn't appear to be consensus among picks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Wed 05 Sep 2012, 12:30 am

Hi Bilt,

Clearly a Uni degree only gets me so far as I'm quite confused about the leaderboard - can you please explain why I have no Win Points and my Cumulative is 50 when I posted the following on the 22nd of August:

Otagolad wrote:My picks for this weekend (sorry I didn't get them in last weekend):

AB's 31 v AUS 13
ARG 18 v SA 20

Surely that's at lease one Win Point? And am I on 50 because I didn't make any picks on week 1 (didn't see this thread until week two)? If the answer isn't to my liking I'll be straight of to PWC asking for an audit Very Happy

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 05 Sep 2012, 1:15 am

Battling for excuses there Otagolad...battling severely... and whats happening down there in the ITM with Otago?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Wed 05 Sep 2012, 4:57 am

Why am I battling TM?

I picked the winner in the AB's game and the points differential I had in that game was 18 and the actual was only 22 so not bad there. In the Arg v SA I doubt anyone picked a draw and I was only two points off the actual in that - so again why am I battling? That is unless I don't have any understanding of this thing works or I'm being severley punished for not getting my week 1 picks in - as I say I should have one win at least.

In regards to Otago, who knows how they'll go - one win and a loss to a Div 1 (ITM Premiership) team away so not too bad and a tough away game to Southland tomorrow (although they're not tracking well). Tony Brown in charge this year will be interesting.

Your Wellington boys are looking good although this weekend will be the real test with a trip to Chch - as I'm now living here and my 4 year old is mad about the Crusaders and Ritchie (they brainwash them in the pre-schools here) I'm taking him along to the game.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 5:30 am

Otagolad wrote:Hi Bilt,

Clearly a Uni degree only gets me so far as I'm quite confused about the leaderboard - can you please explain why I have no Win Points and my Cumulative is 50 when I posted the following on the 22nd of August:

Otagolad wrote:My picks for this weekend (sorry I didn't get them in last weekend):

AB's 31 v AUS 13
ARG 18 v SA 20

Surely that's at lease one Win Point? And am I on 50 because I didn't make any picks on week 1 (didn't see this thread until week two)? If the answer isn't to my liking I'll be straight of to PWC asking for an audit Very Happy

I'll check it on my laptop later mate, it is quite possible that I swopped your scores around. Right now still in bed wiping the sleep out of my eyes. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Wed 05 Sep 2012, 5:36 am

Otagolad wrote:Why am I battling TM?

Your Wellington boys are looking good although this weekend will be the real test with a trip to Chch -

Just trying to preserve my 8th placing or whatever it is...

Re Wellington I'm...reeeeeeely an Auks boy...but right now I'll take anything after the last decade or so...
Hopefully 2 knights at the round table is enough up there/

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Wed 05 Sep 2012, 6:23 am

Biltong wrote:I'll check it on my laptop later mate, it is quite possible that I swopped your scores around. Right now still in bed wiping the sleep out of my eyes. Whistle

Thanks Mate - just swap me with Taylor and she'll be all good thumbsup

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 7:42 am

My sincerest apologies, but I used the same worksheet I used for the Summer tours and didn't check all my values and autosums.

The leaderboard has been updated, the previous one didn't add all the columns.

Doh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:47 am

I like the changes you made mate. Keep up the good work!

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I like the changes you made mate. Keep up the good work!
Of course you do, you went from obscurity to 2nd.

I on the other hand went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy down. Sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

Indeed, good work biltong! Just need to work on your alphabet order Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:01 am

Taylorman wrote:
kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Mate sometimes I look in the mirror and think Richie is standing right in front of me. Then I realise it's a poster and he's not actually in the room but that doesn't stop me from getting the heebie jeebies.

You got a full size poster of McCaw in your bedroom kia?

Now that's dedication!

Wonder if Meyers steyn is a little frayed yet?

Who said anything about the bedroom?! Cheeky sod. No mirrors on the ceiling either.

The corridor is the place for the Canterbury legends. Merths, McCaw, Carter greet me at the door. The corridor is technically not a room but in Madrid metres are sparse in apartments so I'll take extra living room rather than hall. The bedroom is reserved for the other Canterbury legend: me. Whistle

EBOP It's based on mana not alphabetical order.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:04 am

Ok, sorry Ritchie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

That's alright young fulla. You'll get to know the pecking order soon enough.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:12 am

We will indeed, big win for oz this weekend huh?

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:20 am

You are wise beyond your years my young apprentice.

New score prediction Biltong for the Perth match. Australia 22 South Africa 21.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:40 am

So now you change your allegiance?

Shame on you. steam
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 9:54 am

Yeah, shame on you Kia! Dock a few points biltong, that'll learn him Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Wed 05 Sep 2012, 10:21 am

It was a pick in favour of Australia the first time round as well! There's no reason for me to pick them really. And that's strangely why I am picking them.

Guess who's cleaning the boots after training EBOP...

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 1:39 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:It was a pick in favour of Australia the first time round as well! There's no reason for me to pick them really. And that's strangely why I am picking them.

Guess who's cleaning the boots after training EBOP...

Yeah, don't know why ebop is getting so righteous, he reckons OZ by a lot. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:18 pm

ebop wrote:8 September 2012

Australia 15 vs 24 South Africa - Perth
New Zealand 31 vs 6 Argentina - Wellington
Nup, just jiving with two-birds Kia McCaw, come on SA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

ebop wrote:
ebop wrote:8 September 2012

Australia 15 vs 24 South Africa - Perth
New Zealand 31 vs 6 Argentina - Wellington
Nup, just jiving with two-birds Kia McCaw, come on SA!
I stand corrected. kiss
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:43 pm

I like this game.

In the last 24 I've done nothing, there have been no games but I've gone from 12th to 5th.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:45 pm

Yeah, I messed up the auto sums, so had to rework the totals.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:50 pm

I wonder how long I've been top of the table without realizing so! Better enjoy my moment in the sun before I spurn my lead just as I did in the boxing prediction league, despite my obvious talent and superior prediction/guessing ability to all others king

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 05 Sep 2012, 8:50 pm

Dont worry Biltong, If you make a mistake I'm confident that it would be brought to your attention.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:20 am

Biltong wrote:My sincerest apologies, but I used the same worksheet I used for the Summer tours and didn't check all my values and autosums.

The leaderboard has been updated, the previous one didn't add all the columns.

Doh

Thanks Bilt - at least now I'm showing a win Very Happy , however can you explain to me how the cumulative works (I do actually understand it as regards the picks, I just don't understand the consequences of missing a weeks picks and for doing so I assume there is a large penalty as this is the only reason I can see that I have 94 points). If this is the case there isn't much incentive for some of us to continue other than to see how much we can improve our score.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 06 Sep 2012, 8:21 am

Otagolad, missing a pick, costs you 50 points, so if you miss a whole weekend it is 100 points difference, then the other accumulate from there. thumbsup
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 06 Sep 2012, 10:46 am

An expensive miss there Otagolad.
Nice win in the ITM Cup tonight though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:13 pm

Biltong wrote:Otagolad, missing a pick, costs you 50 points, so if you miss a whole weekend it is 100 points difference, then the other accumulate from there. thumbsup

No worries mate, in my mind I'm on 6 Cumulative and therefore in second place Whistle - Knowsit, you'd better watch out Very Happy

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Thu 06 Sep 2012, 12:51 pm

8th September 2012

Australia vs South Africa; 21 - 20

New Zealand vs Argentina; 40 - 12

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Thu 06 Sep 2012, 1:53 pm

Linebreaker wrote:An expensive miss there Otagolad.
Nice win in the ITM Cup tonight though.

Happy with an away win but not scoring a try was bit disappointing.

Yes missing a week was expensive and really doesn't encourage anyone to get involved if they weren't aware it was happening until week 2 - anyway as I said above in my own mine I'm second now.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:06 am

Get off, I'm second! How dare you mention yourself in such illustrious company such as Knowsit and second place (i.e. me!). Been hitting the Speights too hard mate?

That's 10 in the bin and I don't mean chilly bin. Hug

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:09 am

I don't know if I should even try to make predictions this week.

Are we going to front up or are we going to fizzle into a little plume of innocuous gas?

Anyhoo.

NZ 34 - ARG 5
OZ 77 - SA 78
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Fri 07 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

8 September 2012
17 Australia vs South Africa 3 - Perth
42 New Zealand vs Argentina 0 - Wellington

NZ to win at home in Wellington, and SA to take a home loss in Perth Whistle

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 08 Sep 2012, 4:18 am

Australia 30 v 27 South Africa - Perth
New Zealand 47 v 16 Argentina - Wellington

(same as original picks. I was thinking of changing but will stick to what I've got.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sat 08 Sep 2012, 7:36 am

NZ 38 - Arg 12
Aus 29 - SA 25

Wallaby

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next