The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What have I Missed

4 posters

Go down

What have I Missed Empty What have I Missed

Post by theenigmathatisTIDALBAY Wed 13 Apr 2011, 7:41 pm

Higuys, sorry i have been away for so long. had a few problems with my internet switch over from bt to sky. mainly bt being a pain in the bum. anyway on with the horse racing. oh i thought id change my user name slightly as that Tidal Bay is a little monkey. Very Happy

What was everyones views with Cheltenham and Aintree? i personally thought Cheltenham was amazing. probably one of the best since ive started watching racing. all the championship races were great and how good was long run? i have to admit even though i did back him i couldnt help shouting for denman as they turned for home.

as for aintree. very good few days racing and what guts ballabriggs showed. thought oscar time was going to nail him going to the elbow but he kept on pulling it out. didnt really have a bet over aintree, had character building and tidal bay but not toomuch joy there.

i know there has been a lot of talk about the two fatalities during the national which i imagine has already been covered to death. (sorry no pun intended whatsoever). the one thing i would say on this is that i thought it was incredibly bad of the bbc to show the over head view at bechers and ornais just covered over. lost all interest in the race after watching that. surely they could have changed camera angles for both? not at all good. they obviously knew it was coming up on the second circuit. they could have at least left the screens up on ornais as they went by. so undignafying just seeing covered up by a tarpaulin.

also hope that peter toole and richard hawkins make a speedy recovery

theenigmathatisTIDALBAY

Back to top Go down

What have I Missed Empty Re: What have I Missed

Post by racingnut Wed 13 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

Two tremendous Festivals,i thought day one and day four at Cheltenham,produced some of the best racing that ive ever seen there.This years Champion Hurdle will go down in folklore,im convinced that the front two will turn out to be the modern day Monksfield and Sea Pigeon and dominate this event for the next four or five seasons.Vintage renewal of the Gold Cup and Long Run has the chance to be the next chasing superstar.
Aintree produced some top stuff,Master Minded was frighteningly impressive and Big Bucks proved himself to be the best NH horse ive seen in my lifetime.
As for the National,great event that was spoilt by the awful and very public demise of two gallant warriors.My comments about the race and its aftermath can be found on the thread about the so called scrapping of it.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Wed 13 Apr 2011, 8:00 pm

Hi enigma.....great to have you back Hug .....I'd been wondering where you'd got to.

Some great racing from Aintree, as always.

I agree with your comments about the camera work on Saturday for the National (see the Grand National poll thread).

I thought this year's Cheltenham was fantastic.....definitely one of the best years.

And yes, let's hope the two injured jockeys make a full and speedy recovery.

You'll have lots to catch up on on here enigma......the racing board's getting quite busy Very Happy

Oh......if you have time can you please help Swansea out with his racing novel.......I haven't been much use so far lol.

Soleeina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:54 pm

welcome back enigma.

i agree with you about Cheltenham. definitely the best since 2005 for me and arguably the best ever.

apart from the terrible deaths of 2 horses in the National this has definitely been one of the most enjoyable National Hunt seasons I can remember, but the flat in 2011 will be just as sensational Very Happy

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down