The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'

+22
Stella
liverbnz
eirebilly
Diggers
Fists of Fury
ShankyCricket
guildfordbat
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Liam
Good Golly I'm Olly
Biltong
Duty281
DouglasJardinesbox
gboycottnut
skyeman
jbd349
Shelsey93
msp83
KP_fan
jeffwinger
Hoggy_Bear
GSC
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England' - Page 4 Empty KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'

Post by GSC Sat 11 Aug 2012, 8:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

I presume he'll be 'rested' for the NZ tests or something
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England' - Page 4 Empty Re: KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'

Post by Stella Tue 14 Aug 2012, 12:42 pm

msp83 wrote:Pietersen is been dropped for contents of a text message he send to a friend, contents of which aren't available in the public domain. It is speculated that there are unflattering references about England's test captain, and without even formaly trying to find out what they are, the ECB has humiliated Pietersen.
But when it comes to Broad, its only speculation so it will be unfair to him.
Says it all.

That's what I was getting at.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England' - Page 4 Empty Re: KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:03 pm

Surrey have just announced a 14 man squad for their vital CC match against Middlesex starting tomorrow.

Pietersen is not included. No reference to his omission has been made by the Club let alone any explanation.

I'll leave the conspiracy theorists to come to their own conclusions. I'll also leave others to judge whether he truly 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'. However, I trust you'll allow me to question his commitment to his county.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

Oh the conspiracy that KP doesnt want to commit to surrey. That old chestnut

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:05 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Surrey have just announced a 14 man squad for their vital CC match against Middlesex starting tomorrow.

Pietersen is not included. No reference to his omission has been made by the Club let alone any explanation.

I'll leave the conspiracy theorists to come to their own conclusions. I'll also leave others to judge whether he truly 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England'. However, I trust you'll allow me to question his commitment to his county.

Maybe if Surrey played their home games in Mumbai, then Kevin might be more inclined to turn up? Very Happy

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:06 pm

JDizzle wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Surrey have just announced a 14 man squad for their vital CC match against Middlesex starting tomorrow.

Maybe if Surrey played their home games in Mumbai, then Kevin might be more inclined to turn up? Very Happy

Very good Very Happy

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:12 pm

skyeman wrote:
JDizzle wrote:

Very good Very Happy

Very good, indeed.

There's a members' forum meeting at the Oval tomorrow*. I'll try and suggest this.

* At the ridiculous time of 9:00 am to prevent many turning up and asking awkward questions.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue 14 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
skyeman wrote:
JDizzle wrote:

Very good Very Happy

Very good, indeed.

There's a members' forum meeting at the Oval tomorrow*. I'll try and suggest this.

* At the ridiculous time of 9:00 am to prevent many turning up and asking awkward questions.

Love it Very Happy

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by chrisss Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:03 pm

According to Alec Stewart, KP wanted to play for Surrey tomorrow, but the ECB wouldn't let him. (Is Stewart involved with Surrey at all??)

https://twitter.com/tmsproducer/status/235442216657620992

chrisss

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:13 pm

The plot thickens.

Reports circulating that according to Alec Stewart (currently executive director at Surrey and generally regarded as patron saint), Pietersen wanted to play for Surrey tomorrow but was prohibited from doing so by the ECB.

If that's correct, seems an unnecessary and petty action by the ECB. Pietersen was (rightly) omitted from the England squad. However, following that, I think it's for the player and his county to decide what happens next. As Pietersen would have played for England but for his 'texting indiscretions / stupidity', the ECB can hardly claim he is in need of a rest. It does appear to be an 'extra punishment' on top of the original one of being dropped from the Test side.

Again if correct, Surrey and their communications emerge with little credit. Without voicing an opinion on the ECB's ruling, the Club could and should have made this clear at outset when they announced the 'Pietersen-less' squad.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Tue 14 Aug 2012, 8:22 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

The plot thickens.

Reports circulating that according to Alec Stewart (currently executive director at Surrey and generally regarded as patron saint), Pietersen wanted to play for Surrey tomorrow but was prohibited from doing so by the ECB.

If that's correct, seems an unnecessary and petty action by the ECB. Pietersen was (rightly) omitted from the England squad. However, following that, I think it's for the player and his county to decide what happens next. As Pietersen would have played for England but for his 'texting indiscretions / stupidity', the ECB can hardly claim he is in need of a rest. It does appear to be an 'extra punishment' on top of the original one of being dropped from the Test side.

Again if correct, Surrey and their communications emerge with little credit. Without voicing an opinion on the ECB's ruling, the Club could and should have made this clear at outset when they announced the 'Pietersen-less' squad.

That would have the sensible thing to have done picard to avoid speculation.

A bit harsh from the ECB imo.

Maybe they done it in case he knocked up a double hundred Whistle Surrey could have done with it after recent batting performances Rolling Eyes

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:10 pm

The Idiots did it because if KP had played and scored a ton and then England would go on to lose against the Saffers, there would be lots of eggs on their faces! Just fits in with the witch hunt!. and takes away any doubt for anyone sensible about ECB's intentions!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:16 pm

we dont know what kp has done- they must have it on very good authoirty that he has done some almost unforgivable stuff i reakon..

They will also give KP another chance. but they just couldnt let him play this game- fair enough to. Probally tome for strauss to step down anyway. Then hopefully things will be fine again. We have to remember that KP has stuck to hs guns before and caused embarresment but he was spot on and moved english cricket on

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

And now it is reported that Pietersen didn't want to play for Surrey tomorrow anyway!

You couldn't make it up .... KP says he 'wants to commit to all forms of cricket for England' - Page 4 429063825

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

By dropping Pietersen, the ECB has made it a never ending drama. After his video, a fine or something would have just done it, they could have had their public show of power and after that it would have all settled down. Now this just is going to carry on and on.
guildford, could you please post a link on the latest on the CC match?

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Tue 14 Aug 2012, 9:56 pm

Apparently, according to Alec Stewart, KP has now apoligised for the derogatory texts to the ECB. And I guess we will know whether it has been accepted when the T20 squad is announced on Saturday.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 14 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

I just have a very ominous feel about it, particularly as Stuart Broad is the T-20 captain.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4