The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Premier League Signings III

+44
owen10ozzy
Reaper
Breadvan
NedB-H
JamesLincs
The Awesome Giz
Smirnoffpriest
Amy
Imperial Ghosty
westisbest
Bull
mckay1402
ncfc_Tooze
JDizzle
Josiah Maiestas
compelling and rich
President Trump
Hero
nasisillmatic
lfc91
azania
Mat
Fernando
Bathite
Crimey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
GG
Luke
hampo17
James_182
Gregers
Kay Fabe
Small Time
6oldenbhoy
Beer
Liam
monty junior
spencerclarke
matth7
GSC
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Teej
The Special Juan
48 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 9 Empty Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Here is a list of all the "big movers" to the PL this season. The table contains the player's name, club moved from and to and fee for so we can scrutinise them Wink Only players who have moved from outside the PL will be included. Values subject to change

[tr][/tr]
Player From To Fee
Santi Cazorla Malaga (Spain) Arsenal £20.24m
Júlio César Inter Milan (Italy) QPR Free
Javi Garcia Benfica (Portugal) Man City £17.7m
Olivier Giroud Montpellier (France)Arsenal £13.2m
Eden Hazard Lille (France)Chelsea £35.2m
Pablo Hernadez Valencia (Spain) Swansea £7.9m
Shinji Kagawa Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Man Utd £13.2m
Hugo Lloris Lyon (France) Spurs £8.8m
Maicon Inter Milan (Italy) Man City £5m
Marko Marin Werder Bremen (Germany)Chelsea £8.6m
Oscar Internacional (Brazil) Chelsea £26.4m
Gaston Ramirez Bologna (Italy) Southampton £13m
Lukas PodolskiCologne (Germany)Arsenal £11.4m
Nuri Sahin Real Madrid (Spain) Liverpool Loan
Jan Vertonghen Ajax (Netherlands)Tottenham £7.5m
Richard WrightFree TransfersManchester City£0

[tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr]

Any updates would be appreciated.

Other transfers that may/may not be interesting:

Alou Diarra - West Ham
Cesar Azpilicueta - Chelsea
Esteban Granero - QPR
Fabio Borini - Liverpool
Gylfi Sigurdsson - Spurs
Jay Rodriguez - Southampton
Kevin Mirallas - Everton
Markus Rosenberg - West Brom
Michu - Swansea
Mladen Petric - Fulham
Nathaniel Clyne - Southampton
Nick Powell - Manchester United
Robert Snodgrass - Norwich
Ron Vlaar - Aston Villa
Steven Naismith - Everton
Vurnon Anita - Newcastle

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/transferuebersicht/wettbewerb_GB1.html

Last edited by The Special Juan on Sat 01 Sep 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 8 times in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 9 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:33 pm

GSC wrote:Van Der Wiel needs serious work on his defending

He's still a great attacking full back with a huge talent. Spent most of last season injured and went into the Euro's after recovering from an injury. Very cheap.

Back to top Go down

Big Premier League Signings III - Page 9 Empty Re: Big Premier League Signings III

Post by The Special Juan Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:38 pm

He's like Rafael. Can attack but can't defend.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:50 pm

I agree he needs to improve his defending and I'm sure he will under Ancelotti. If he recaptures his previous form then it's a great signing for PSG to add to Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi and Thiago Silva.

Lassana Diarra to Anzhi....interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 9:47 pm

So after Michael Owen's tweets last night, nothing has come to fruition, it's sad to see one of my old idols careers dying.

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:10 pm

lloris is officially at spurs Very Happy and would you believe it. dempsey is having a medical! im absolutely buzzing now!!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:19 pm

anyone doubting spurs ambition need to look at whats happened over the summer.

king replaced with vertonghen. modric wanted a bigger club and so was sold for a big sum. van der vaart wanted to be with family. in come sigurdson and probably dempsey. bale is tied down to a new contract and our top scorer last season is signed permanently. and now with have one of my favourite goalkeepers! im friggin delighted, i just avb can now prove himself on a saturday

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:37 pm

Spurs have done some great business. Gutted. But you guys will still finish below Arsenal Very Happy

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:52 pm

normally id agree but look at arsenals squad! the last remaining world class players (rvp, song) are gone. i think spurs will comfortably finish 4th this season. arsenal could finish below everton, even newcastle

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:52 pm

IN the last 48 hrs, we've signed:-

Jordan Bowery from Chesterfield.
Ashley Westwood from Crewe
Joe Bennett from Boro
Christian Benteke from Genk

Takes our talley to 8

we'll see how they get on.
Big step up for some of these guys.

Lambert sees something in these young guys.
Good luck to them.

Nathan Delfouneso has joined Blackpool on loan, good luck to him to.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:59 pm

unfortunately im sticking to my pre season prediction that villa will go down Sad i do hope im wrong. but atm i think only reading have a weaker side

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:13 pm

We wont go down, poor start, get some of our guys back from injury, hope Benteke & Bent gel quickly and bang in some goals.

Got some good players in our squad, pish poor season last season.

I'll expect us to finish around 12th.
Think those days of finishing 6th and 2 wembley appearances in the same season are a way off yet.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:17 pm

JamesLincs wrote:anyone doubting spurs ambition need to look at whats happened over the summer.
They should look at the fact their big signing last summer was van der Vaart, this summer it's a mid-table journeyman with one good season behind him, and a (admittedly class) keeper in the one position they didn't need any more players.
Might not be lacking in ambition, but without the right players that doesn't mean much...

Westwood is a good signing for Villa, but he can't keep them up on his own, that squad still looks dreadful.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

unreliable gomes, a 39 and 41 year old. i think a keeper was needed.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:30 pm

Bit diassapointed we didnt get rid of Hutton & Warnock.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:31 pm

westisbest wrote:Bit diassapointed we didnt get rid of Hutton & Warnock.

To be fair who is gonna take them?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:39 pm

JamesLincs wrote:unreliable gomes, a 39 and 41 year old. i think a keeper was needed.
Should've got rid of some of them then! Friedel is still better than most of the rest of the league, and Gomes on his day is better than anyone (or worse than anyone). Lloris is better than any of those three, but having all four is daft when the outfield is weaker than at the start of the summer

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:43 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
Manchester City sign Javi Garcia from Benfica for £16m #skydeadlineday
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:53 pm

i agree, but not much weaker i dont think. we now have a stronger defence. and modric just wasnt there mentally last season. van der vaart is a loss though, but i understand why hes left.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:00 am

NedB-H wrote:
JamesLincs wrote:anyone doubting spurs ambition need to look at whats happened over the summer.
They should look at the fact their big signing last summer was van der Vaart, this summer it's a mid-table journeyman with one good season behind him, and a (admittedly class) keeper in the one position they didn't need any more players.
Might not be lacking in ambition, but without the right players that doesn't mean much...

VDV was signed in 2010 not last summer Ned. I think you're being a bit harsh on Dempsey. He's had more than one good season unless you are just looking at goals only? I think Spurs have picked up a bargain there myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:15 am

FreekShow wrote:
NedB-H wrote:

VDV was signed in 2010 not last summer Ned. I think you're being a bit harsh on Dempsey. He's had more than one good season unless you are just looking at goals only? I think Spurs have picked up a bargain there myself.
Hold my hands up to that one! Not that it makes much difference to the general point.
The thing with Dempsey is, he's been decent at Fulham for a few years like you say, but would anyone have had him as good enough to hold down a place in the Spurs XI this time last season? Then he went on a goalscoring run last season, which probably isn't a true reflection of the player he is, and everyone suddenly wants a piece of him. If he was 22 I might see it, but at 29 the only way is down, and I don't think he has the natural talent to be a top class player well into his 30s. Berbatov on the other hand....

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:48 am

Right...

Maicon
Lloris
Garcia
Hernandez
Ramirez

Anyone else?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:56 am

Harry Kane came to Norwich on loan
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:17 am

Swansea have done some fantastic business imo. Michu, Flores, de Guzman in for 5m. Ki sung Yueng and Pablo Hernandez from Valenicia for 11m. Thats just 1m over the Joe Allen money..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:28 am

Olly wrote:
westisbest wrote:Bit diassapointed we didnt get rid of Hutton & Warnock.

To be fair who is gonna take them?

Norwich, would suit you down to a t.

Lambert would be doing you a huge favour. Whistle

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:40 am

Breadvan wrote:Swansea have done some fantastic business imo. Michu, Flores, de Guzman in for 5m. Ki sung Yueng and Pablo Hernandez from Valenicia for 11m. Thats just 1m over the Joe Allen money..

Totally agree. Well impressed with the signings that laudrup has brought in. Was gutted when Brendan went but it looks like it might be the thing that establishes Swansea as a premiership side rather than just one that got promoted.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:15 pm

Breadvan wrote:Swansea have done some fantastic business imo. Michu, Flores, de Guzman in for 5m. Ki sung Yueng and Pablo Hernandez from Valenicia for 11m. Thats just 1m over the Joe Allen money..

4m less wasn't it?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:53 pm

So which team has improved the most from last year, and which team looks the most depleted.

I think the most improved side is probably Chelsea. While I'm not sure they're capable of challenging for the Premier League for the entire season this year, they've looked to the future and have really gone out for it. Hazard, Oscar, Marin are all good signings. They've tackled the right back problem as well. The only issue is up front where they look light, but I imagine that will be dealt with next summer.

I think Fulham look the least improved, Rodallega is not really an improvement on either Johnson or Zamora, Petric could go either way, he's had a good start but a lot of players do. Berbatov is their best signing, but they haven't really tackled the issue of losing Murphy, Etuhu, Dembele and Dempsey so have a very weak midfield.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:56 pm

Most Improved: Swansea, the calibre of players they signed have been astonishing.

Least Improved: Arsenal, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but they needed 2-3 yesterday
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

Spurs have done well. They got rid of Modric for as much as they could, helped by the fact he wanted to go. VDV will be a big loss but Spurs have replace him near enough and the fans will hold nothing against them. If they can keep things ticking over until January, when I think they will get Moutinho to anchor the midfield, they will be a good team.

Swansea have improved considerably seeing as they've lost their manager and 2 of their best players from last season. They're doing a Stoke in the sense that they are improving bit-by-bit every season. Early days yet of course.

I think Chelsea look good going forward but when a team actually attacks them they look fragile. They've lost the rigidness of Terry, Carvalho and Essien when they were at their peaks and not replace them. They'll finish 3rd and should look to get in a DM next season.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

GSC wrote:Most Improved: Swansea, the calibre of players they signed have been astonishing.

Least Improved: Arsenal, I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt but they needed 2-3 yesterday

Surely it's Liverpool as they needed to bring players in? At least we've brought in a couple of big players to replace Song/RVP while Pool have lost Carroll and only brought in Borini and Allen.

I agree we needed to make 2-3 signings, an attacker, a DM and a FB and have been weakened by losing our best 2 players of last year. but I think Liverpool have been weakened more.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 01 Sep 2012, 4:30 pm

Michu's on course to be the best ever bargain in PL history.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sat 01 Sep 2012, 5:12 pm

Crimey wrote:So which team has improved the most from last year, and which team looks the most depleted.

I think the most improved side is probably Chelsea. While I'm not sure they're capable of challenging for the Premier League for the entire season this year, they've looked to the future and have really gone out for it. Hazard, Oscar, Marin are all good signings. They've tackled the right back problem as well. The only issue is up front where they look light, but I imagine that will be dealt with next summer.

I think Fulham look the least improved, Rodallega is not really an improvement on either Johnson or Zamora, Petric could go either way, he's had a good start but a lot of players do. Berbatov is their best signing, but they haven't really tackled the issue of losing Murphy, Etuhu, Dembele and Dempsey so have a very weak midfield.

I'd say that our central midfield is our biggest problem, I think we should be alright with the strikers we have since we only play with one up front. We do have Torres and Sturridge as two natural strikers with Moses capable of playing their, I'd be interested in seeing Hazard play in a false nine role at some stage this season. But in the double pivot in front of the defence we really needed to sign a deep lying playmaker to help transition from defence to attack which is something I can see us struggling with as the season goes on. Mikel is a good defensive midfielder but the partnership with Lampard hasn't looked solid in the first few games but the partnership of Mikel/MRLSH was very good against Newcastle so I hope we're going to see that more often but we've very little in the way of back up.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 01 Sep 2012, 10:45 pm

I think the midfield is fine, it's whether Di Matteo whose strength last year was making the team hard to beat will be the manager to get the best out of all the attacking players.

I don't think Chelsea's side is balanced, but if they play as an attacking side it won't be as much of a problem. I think they'll probably sign a playmaker and a striker next summer now they have the attacking midfield and defence sorted.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:04 am

I'd prefer if we switched to 4-3-3 instead of the 4-2-3-1, I really don't trust the double pivot of Lampard/Mikel. I'd much prefer to see this line up for most of the season,

Cech

Ivanovic---Terry---Luiz---Cole

Merieles---Oscar---Mikel

Hazard---Torres---Mata

For some reason teams seemed to be reluctant to spend on strikers in this window. Chelsea let Drogba go and did nothing to replace him. Liverpool did the same with Carroll leaving their only options as Suarez and Borini. Arsenal didn't bring in a world class replacement for RVP and are left with two players unproven in the premier league in Podolski and Giroud and Spurs only brought in Adebayor when their only other striker was Defoe.

The only two teams in the league with a strong strike force is United and City.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:26 am

Chelsea bought Hazard on the promise he gets played through the middle. If he doesn't, I bet he'll strop.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:35 am

I'm fairly sure he wouldn't get overly fussed if he plays a few games out wide
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 02 Sep 2012, 12:39 am

No, not at all, Chelsea do that fluidity thing where Mata/Hazard/AM all switch places throughout the game but if he was chucked out wide permanently I think he'd get irritated. Still, if they had a clinical striker up front or an in-form Torres they'd be pretty hard to stop.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper Sun 02 Sep 2012, 1:09 am

He doesn't seem like the type of player who'd throw a strop over where he players, in interviews he's said that he's ready to play in whatever position di Matteo puts him in.

Reaper

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

The Special Juan wrote:Michu's on course to be the best ever bargain in PL history.

i highly doubt that! so he's going to be better than a cantona, ole or a van persie (first transfer to arsenal) who all were signed for peanuts?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:31 pm

or henry!!!

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:32 pm

or shearer for 3m

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:39 pm

Bathite wrote:or henry!!!

henry was bought for 11 mil hardly a bargin at the time, great great player and worth much more than 11 mill in hindsight, but not on the same level as a cantona for 1 mil

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:41 pm

or viera - bought for £3m i think

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

or Grant Holt. Bought for 400K
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:57 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
Bathite wrote:or henry!!!

henry was bought for 11 mil hardly a bargin at the time, great great player and worth much more than 11 mill in hindsight, but not on the same level as a cantona for 1 mil

fair, didn't realise he cost as much as that, that's nearly steven fletcher money! haha

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Michu's on course to be the best ever bargain in PL history.

i highly doubt that! so he's going to be better than a cantona, ole or a van persie (first transfer to arsenal) who all were signed for peanuts?

Cantona was £1m in the 90s. That was a lot of money back then. Michu was bought for £2m this year. That is a bargain. But it all depends on how he does, when you compare games, goals and price. I'd like to see a table of signings and what £1m would "actually" be nowadays if inflation adjusted.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

Lets chill the hype on Michu for a sec. Yes hes had a great start with 4 goals (2 of them via GK or DEF screw ups), Alfonso Alves opened his Boro account with 2 vs Man Utd.

Good start yes, but its a marathon not a sprint
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:02 pm

Hulk has signed for Zenit

I.e hes now very rich
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

Not only has Hulk signed for Zenit but they've also signed Alex Witsel from Benfica.

Russian football has obviously become increasingly attractive for players from around the world for financial reasons. The owners of Zenit & Anzhi are showing alot of desire to turn Russian Football Clubs into competitive sides who are capable of having an impact upon European Competition such as the Champions League and I only see that as a good thing. Zenit could be a dangerous side to face in the second round if they qualify out of Group C with AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

I remember reading that the Russian league is now ranked fifth in the world, certainly there is quality in that league now, well at CSKA, Spartack, Locamotiv, Zenit, Anzhi and possibly Rubin. The other teams in the league are still fairly woeful.

I'de say if Cantona had been bought with todays prices in mind, he would have probably been between 15-25 million for sure.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next