The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear

+4
AlexHuckerby
Il Gialloblu
richiebrew23
davidemore
8 posters

Go down

Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear Empty Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear

Post by davidemore Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:33 am

When you're in the pro-ranks you need a team that is skilled and experienced. You need guidance, someone who can channel your energy, channel your desires, and your need to pancake a mofo. We know this.

In the world of boxing there are not enough trainers or promoters who really understand their fighters, feelings. Some fighters are tender, others all bravado, and that's cool, but boxing big wigs and acclaimed trainers don't know how to handle the various aspects of a fighters character, a fighters soul.

They don't care like we care for each other on these very boards, posters.

One trainer i like in relation to getting to know his charge (intimately) is Diaz. He channels Tim Bradley's unbelievable hunger to workout very well. As a result Tim always comes into the ring looking fully fit and fully energized. Plus, he's a tender voice in the ear of a young bull, and it helps to make Tim the class fighter that he is, despite not being the most talented. He knows Timothy Bradley's heart, guys.

A promoter who does this very well is Eddie Hearn. I love how he has guided some of the UK's biggest stars over the past 2 years. When he speaks to and about his fighters there is always a sense of honesty and care. He cares about his men, and isn't afraid to show his feelings in interviews. Darren Barker is someone who i believe, without Hearn, would struggle to progress beyond domestic level. If Brook didn't let Hearn take control of his career he'd still be a fat welterweight fighting below his skill-set (hags, queens, queers and cab drivers).

So, my question is this:

Who out there in the land of boxing really knows how to guide their fighter: emotionally, spiritually, and bromanceally (spelling?)

Touch me, I'm done.

Yours,

emore

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear Empty Re: Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear

Post by richiebrew23 Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:38 am

Hearn for sure...!! his fighters seem more like mates...

I did use to think Oscar was like this too...however, watching his switch from team Khan to team Garcia after the KO was laughable. taught Khan a lesson on the business of boxing I think...Richard S wasn't as bad, but Oscar actually made me laugh. I know they are bothe GBP but still, they had Khan as the man with more star quality before the fight.

richiebrew23

Back to top Go down

Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear Empty Re: Come With Me, I'll Guide You, Whisper in Your Ear

Post by davidemore Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 am

ODLH is a blatant flake Richie, it's so obvious he is only interested in winners, and like his fight career his promotional career is over-hyped. knicker wearing loon.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:45 am

Could the word you're looking for be bromantically?

I don't know enough about trainers/promoters to add much else to this... erm, Froch seems to speak highly of McCracken but then completely ignores his constant instructions to up the workrate.

No, that's all I've got.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by richiebrew23 Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:47 am

davidemore wrote:ODLH is a blatant flake Richie, it's so obvious he is only interested in winners, and like his fight career his promotional career is over-hyped. knicker wearing loon.

agree...I knew he actually has the worst record for predictions in boxing, usually, whoever he backs, I go for the guy in the other corner! you follow him on twitter? such a flake he gave his phone number out on the mistakenly! but, I didn't realise what a snake he was until that moment. his smile is as fake as Don King.

I think Lou Di Bella (spelling?) is a good guy though, like big Ed, and Rob McC, he's a geezer too. angel

richiebrew23

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:51 am

Thanks Il Gialloblu!

Great points guys, I like Goosen, he seems to have Ward's back and has guided him since a young age and brought him on at a good pace. He also knew when he was ready and put him in the Super Six. The fact that Ward signed a 5 year deal with him straight after his biggest win says a hell of a lot, IMO.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 am

I know you hate him, but Adam Booth has always come across to me as a guy who genuinely cares about his fighters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:21 am

That guy who trained gatti? Bit of a pimp type but always knows when to throw the rope.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:27 am

And he needed to shahenshahg, Gatti threw done.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:28 am

throw the rope :laughI meant the towel

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:50 am

Think Rob McCracken has this kind of relationship with Froch, seems to be one of genuine respect and Rob has done a cracking job of curbing to some extent Carl’s natural instinct to have a tear up. There is the story of the Pascal fight, apparently Rob’s mother died on the morning of the fight and he kept it to himself and did nothing to indicate what had happened so as not to distract Carl from the job in hand, speaks volumes of the man because that must have been absolute torture for him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:22 am

Love McCracken's pep talks to Froch, he is a great trainer.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:45 pm

"Come on now, wake up, come on mate..."

Gonna be honest, that's all I ever hear come from Rob's mouth in the corner...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:17 pm

Rob is an excellent trainer who knows how to get to the heart of his fighter, Alex. Come on now...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:21 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:Could the word you're looking for be bromantically?

I'm in the Bromancingly corner

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:19 am

Me too Sean. xx

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down