The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis much more interesting without Rafa

+10
time please
harris.margaret9
Mad for Chelsea
The Special Juan
User 774433
sirfredperry
barrystar
lydian
Josiah Maiestas
reckoner
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has Nadal's absence provided us with interesting tennis?

Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]
Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 24

Poll closed

Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Empty Tennis much more interesting without Rafa

Post by reckoner Wed 22 Aug 2012, 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

I certainly wouldn't wish an injury on anyone but as I'm not a fan of his style of play, Nadal's absence has (for me) meant some very interesting matches of late.

Risk-taking, attacking tennis is shining through at the later stages of tournaments, and I for one am grateful for that.

I hope I'm not alone in feeling this way!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Empty Re: Tennis much more interesting without Rafa

Post by time please Tue 05 Feb 2013, 12:53 pm

I think the comment was about how dominance once removed can make any sport more interesting because it allows others to come through, and dummy pointed out that it was a shame that Tsonga for one had not taken advantage of it.

As for rest picard I'll leave you to your righteous indignation.

time please

Back to top Go down

Tennis much more interesting without Rafa - Page 2 Empty Re: Tennis much more interesting without Rafa

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:09 pm

Yes you do that tp. . and ill leave you to ponder on your hipocracy. : Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:20 pm

Is that the best you got? Sorry to be pedantic, but it is spelled hypocrisy. I thought we were talking about a democracy of large African mammals for a mo.

I will gladly ponder on my alleged hypocrisy it if you show me an example of it - then I will eat humble pie until I have indigestion OK

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:30 pm

Time Please is good at spelling OK

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

I don't think there's any need for further discussion of any posters' indignation or indigestion.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:34 pm

And so I spelt it wrong.. Shocked . you have scored one point at least... that should keep you happy for the rest of the day.Im humbled.. truly I am Whistle

By the way before you take up "the argument" on behalf of someone else with regard to Federer (bearing in mind I was not addressing you) remember you accused Rafa fans of "tribalism" maybe I should have used the word duplicity.... have I spelt THAT correctly ????

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:38 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote: ...word duplicity.... have I spelt THAT correctly ????

Yes, so let's leave it that.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:42 pm

Yes JM.. unless I have something ELSE to respond to.., it cuts both ways. OK???

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:48 pm

It Must Be Love wrote:Time Please is good at spelling OK

And is also good at sticking ones nose into things that has nothing to do with her lol

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

time please wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote: Yahoo yeah we know that Fed fans would say that... thanks for the laugh clap

Perhaps you might consider not type casting us all. You could do this by addressing the poster rather than some kind of arbitrary group because it is unclear to me whether Margaret is a Fed fan or not - she doesn't seem to have much belief in his courage or determination when facing Nadal and she clearly calls Nadal 'the better competitor.

I could say that I think it's this kind of ya boo comment and tribalism that marks out a certain kind of (Rafa) fan. But thanks for confirming my gut feeling OK

Rolling Eyes

that is my exact sentence above. I used the word 'could' to illustrate how annoying for you it would be if a Fed fan like myself habitually made that kind of 'ya boo - up yours' type of response. 'a certain kind..' is self explanatory and clearly means that I am not including all other Rafa fans in one big amorphous lump in the comment. The (Rafa) in parenthesis is put there as a for example - it is interchangeable with other names which underlines my previous point that, unlike you, I am not tarring all fans of a certain player with the same brush.

The point being that it is patronising and counter productive to debate when any fan leaps into the kind of knee jerk defence you did, and just hurls out (for the umpteenth time) and 'oh its typical of a (Fed) fan' rather than either ignoring, or responding to the comment rather than the fan.

I was clearly being ironic and imitating you to illustrate a point - I thought you didn't respond in your usual quick fire manner because you were abortively trying to find a genuine example.

Sorry Julius - I'm good now OK

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 05 Feb 2013, 1:51 pm

I'm not that interested in who's good or who isn't good. I'm more interested that the forum is good.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2