The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game

+5
aucklandlaurie
UlstermaninGlasgow
Manky-Flanker
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
9 posters

Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game Empty Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 22 Aug 2012, 12:31 pm

15 Fraser Thomson
14 Tommy Seymour
13 Byron McGuigan
12 Peter Horne
11 DTH van der Merwe

10 Duncan Weir
9 Henry Pyrgos

1 Gordon Reid
2 Finlay Gillies (CAPTAIN)
3 Moray Low
4 Tom Ryder
5 Nick Campbell
6 Rob Harley
7 John Barclay
8 Ryan Wilson

SUBSTITUTES

16 Adam Ashe
17 Mike Cusack
18 George Hunter
19 James Eddie
20 Angus MacDonald
21 Chris Fusaro
22 Graeme Morrison
23 Peter Murchie
24 Scott Wight
25 Sean Kennedy
26 Ryan Grant

Not considered due to injury: Dougie Hall, Pat MacArthur, Ed Kalman, Jon Welsh, Tim Swinson, Rory 'Sick note' Lamont

Still on summer vacation: Al 'Ruck inspector' Kellock, Schlong Lamont, Villiami Ma'afu, Chris Cusiter, Alex Dunbar (altho in fairness he played last week)

Still not appeared due to visa issues: Fijian scrum half Nikola Matawalu

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 22 Aug 2012, 12:52 pm

Any Glasgow fans showing up? Give me a shout if you fancy an Ale

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors vs Exeter Chiefs @ Millbrae - final pre-season warm-up game

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Aug 2012, 1:59 pm

Sadly can't make this - I had hoped to. Will be going to see Edinburgh the following evening though.

Have never heard of Fraser Thomson so wonder how he'll be getting on. Assume Hogg is still on holiday.

Reid plays again at loosehead - that's good news, and I'm pleased Murray Low is getting an outing. Big season ahead for him I think.

Hopefully Glasgow will have already figured out that they need to remember how to defend like last season, and basically ignore whatever Gregor has been telling them. Shipping another 50 points here is not the way forward.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Wed 22 Aug 2012, 5:13 pm

Will be driving up to Scotland tomorrow, if the missus falls asleep in the car I might just hang a crafty left turn towards Millbrae devil

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:27 am

God I wish I could go. I will be somewhere above the middle east when this match is taking place otherwise I would have either been doing my "job" at the warriors or chilling with the XVIth warrior crew. Which reminds me. Warriors finally have a new supporters club so if anyone has any contacts in the other supporters clubs gimme a PM and I'll get the guys in touch with them!

Anyone heard from Troy about his injury? Also nice to see Gordy Reid get a start on his home pitch. Expect big things of the lad this year!
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 23 Aug 2012, 7:41 am

Exe team is up: http://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/latest-headlines?item=1679 - looks pretty much full strength to me, Haydn Thomas and Naqer aside Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:03 am

Asbo;

Is Troy Nathan injured?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 23 Aug 2012, 8:15 am

He's been struggling with shoulder and back injuries for a long time, laurie, altho he did play, I think, in Glasgow's first pre-season friendly. I like him as a player, he's a good distributor, has good vision, and puts other players in space - just what Glasgow need at 12. Unfortunately Lineen was wedded to the concept of the bludgeon Morrison at IC OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:15 am

Fraser Thomson is a speedy try scorer from Craig Chalmer's stable and whenever I've seen him he reminded me of a 'Diet' Stuart Hogg.

Absolutely delighted to see a good lad from Ayr, Gordon Reid on the loosehead. He's got to be pushing 19 stones and is at least a six footer. Great hit out for him - he was standout in the Hydro - let's see how he gets on here.

Would absolutely love to have gone to this.

What's that, Lassie? Rory Lamont injured? picard
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:27 am

Fraser Thomson is a full back from Melrose who has been one of the top try scorers in the premiership for the past couple seasons. Also been in the scotland club team for the past couple seasons too either playing at full back or wing. He's about 22/23 so still pretty young.
Really quick with good skills and is also pretty solid in defence. Went to Sale last season for a trial and was offered a contract by them apparently but turned it down as he thought he'd have more chance of making it as a pro with another season at Melrose.

Been impressed by Byron McGuigan so far, he looks as if he could be a very good signing.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:42 pm

Warriors 6-15 Chiefs. A sloppy affair all round, but a win is a win Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 9:46 pm

It all changed when Welch came on the pitch Asbo, Scarlets influence you see ;-)

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:24 pm

Damian Welch has gone to Exeter?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:32 pm

Aye, ages ago Maes, he's one of the three 2nd rows that left the Scarlets.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:39 pm

I didnt realise thats where he went. Shame he looked a good player at the start of his career, tapered off a bit last season. I thought he may have come back a better player, maybe he will at the Chiefs...

Oh well...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Fri 24 Aug 2012, 10:57 am

Hogg is out for 8 weeks with an ankle injury sustained on the Scotland tour, had an operation last week but won't be involved for a while.

That's a blow but he didn't look at his attacking best for Scotland during the summer, hopefully he'll be up and running for the HC and AIs.

Swinson is also out with a facial injury for between 3 - 6 weeks, which is a shame as I was very excited to see him play.

Wonder who'll be first choice 15 in Hogg's absence, sounds like Thomson did well in pre-season, Murchie did alright last season and despite being made of glass Lamont is a good full-back.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:38 pm

I suspect it'll be Murchie to start the season. No massively inspiring but until yesterday I hadn't heard of Thomson, and Rory Lamont is obviously broken.

Shame about Hogg. The sooner he and DTH start playing together the better.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 25 Aug 2012, 8:16 am

Thomson started the game against the Chiefs, but Murchie looked more penetrating when he came on. Shame about Hoggy, and with Lamont out, that does represent a weakness at fullback. Boiler room resources will also be stretched, with Swinson out (nose?) and Ryder limping off against Exe - that leaves the returning Ruck Inspector (who's not seen any pre-season action) and young Campbell, with the likes of Jedi as cover. Campbell looks the real deal, I have to say, although would probably benefit from bulking out a little further. Interesting to see that young Jonny Gray on the sideline has had the full Richie floppy-blonde-mop makeover!

Worryingly for Exe, there could me a mini-front-row crisis this early in the season, Tui pulling up pre-game with a tweak, Sturge limping off towards the end with what looked like a hamstring problem, and young Mooner suffering from the trotts! Yikes

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down