The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abraham or Stielglitz?

+10
manos de piedra
fearlessBamber
Herman Jaeger
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Super D Boon
TopHat24/7
azania
davidemore
Seanusarrilius
14 posters

Go down

Abraham or Stielglitz? Empty Abraham or Stielglitz?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:06 pm

Right, big fights are back as of this weekend, and I have missed them very much. How do we see this one going then?

Personally, I can't see anything than an AA win. I know his limitations and he can be outworked and easily beaten on points by a class opponent. Thing is, only people who have beaten him are three of the top fighters in the division and I barely put Stieglitz in top ten.

AA was fairly easily beaten by Ward and dominated by Froch, but he was coming on like Gangbusters versus Dirrell and would likely have forced a late stoppage in that one. Stieglitz has no power at higher end of SM division and has been KO'd twice by lesser fighters than AA.

AA is on the slide and almost done IMO, but if he can keep coming forward and get off, he stops Stieglitz late.

That's me, now for you?

3/1 on AA stoppage. Worth it.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Abraham or Stielglitz? Empty Re: Abraham or Stielglitz?

Post by davidemore Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:32 pm

AA by KO for me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:35 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Right, big fights are back as of this weekend, and I have missed them very much. How do we see this one going then?

Personally, I can't see anything than an AA win. I know his limitations and he can be outworked and easily beaten on points by a class opponent. Thing is, only people who have beaten him are three of the top fighters in the division and I barely put Stieglitz in top ten.

AA was fairly easily beaten by Ward and dominated by Froch, but he was coming on like Gangbusters versus Dirrell and would likely have forced a late stoppage in that one. Stieglitz has no power at higher end of SM division and has been KO'd twice by lesser fighters than AA.

AA is on the slide and almost done IMO, but if he can keep coming forward and get off, he stops Stieglitz late.

That's me, now for you?

What? Dirrell was winning going away. No way a late stoppage.

AA is too far down the hill for me. I see a clear points win for Stieglitz.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:44 pm

Dirrell was fading and had been dropped a round or two before. He was running backwards. Watch the fight closer

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 3:58 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Right, big fights are back as of this weekend, and I have missed them very much. How do we see this one going then?

That's me, now for you?

Where'd you get those odds seanus?? Wouldn't mind backing that a few quid.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:21 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

That's me, now for you?

Where'd you get those odds seanus?? Wouldn't mind backing that a few quid.

SkyBet mate. Check odds checker and see what they're at now!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

5/2

Still the best out there but not as tempting!

http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing-mma/boxing/robert-stieglitz-v-arthur-abraham/method-of-victory

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 22 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

was 4/1 at first then dropped loads after, I assume, big bets

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:19 pm

Stieglitz is a terribly limited fighter and one of the worst if not THE worst paper champion out there. He should be able to keep Abraham at bay given his superior reach but he's taylor made for Abraham in that he'll engage in a slugfest given that is all he's even been capable of doing playing right into AA hands in the process. AA by late stoppage win. Should be a low quality but exciting fight.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:47 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Dirrell was fading and had been dropped a round or two before. He was running backwards. Watch the fight closer

Have you seen a Dirrell fight where he isn't running backwards?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:49 pm

azania wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:Dirrell was fading and had been dropped a round or two before. He was running backwards. Watch the fight closer

Have you seen a Dirrell fight where he isn't running backwards?

Not the point, he'd been badly dropped his eyes were glazed over and he was wobbly and clearly very hurt.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 1:55 pm

He was not badly hurt. Up until the point where AA lost the plot, Dirrell was in control of his faculties and the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:01 pm

Coming from the man that believed Alvarez can't take a punch because he was wobbled for a second... Dirrell was floored and was like a rabbit in headlights, it's part of the reason he took a knee before Abraham walloped him, but you already know this, I aren't continuing this discussion with you.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:05 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Coming from the man that believed Alvarez can't take a punch because he was wobbled for a second... Dirrell was floored and was like a rabbit in headlights, it's part of the reason he took a knee before Abraham walloped him, but you already know this, I aren't continuing this discussion with you.

Sigh. AA is a huge puncher at MW and SMW. Canelo got bambied by a fat LWW. Notice the difference. Plus this is not whether of not Dirrell is chinny. Furthermore I said he was in control of his faculties.

Moreover Dirrell always fights running backwards. Its his style and it bores the daylights out of me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 23 Aug 2012, 2:24 pm

Well, I think Dirrell was certainly winning the fight (and winning it handily) going away for about eight rounds. After that, he was operating more or less to just survive and maintain his lead. He was doing a fair job of it, mind you - Abraham was certainly coming on strong and was getting to him, but I don't particularly agree that the disqualification robbed him of a definite late stoppage win which was on the cards for all to see, a theory which somehow almost gets passed off as fact by some.

Anyhow, Abraham should have too much for Stieglitz, who I watched a decent amount of when it looked as if he was going to fight Groves. He's basically just a brawler without a punch and doesn't know how to make use of his reach when he tries to box. Abraham, late TKO.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 23 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

Yeah I've said the same about Stieglitz. A brawler without any class or a punch. Makes hard work of all his fights and doesn't fight anyone of note.

I also don;t agree that Abraham was going to KO Dirrell. I think Dirrell looked jaded and seemed to be slowing but for me he would have held Abe off for a highly comfortable UD. The fact that AA got disqualified means his fans get to say Dirrell ducked out and took the DQ win and Abe would have KO'd him later on making him somehow the moral winner. The fact he was badly owned by Froch and Ward afterwards suggests to me he had been fairly found out against Dirrell.

Still Abraham can get this trinket and milk it a few years fighting no hopers in Germany to boost his pension fund. If Abraham loses this fight he might as well hang up the gloves. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu 23 Aug 2012, 10:00 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Well, I think Dirrell was certainly winning the fight (and winning it handily) going away for about eight rounds. After that, he was operating more or less to just survive and maintain his lead. He was doing a fair job of it, mind you - Abraham was certainly coming on strong and was getting to him, but I don't particularly agree that the disqualification robbed him of a definite late stoppage win which was on the cards for all to see, a theory which somehow almost gets passed off as fact by some.

Anyhow, Abraham should have too much for Stieglitz, who I watched a decent amount of when it looked as if he was going to fight Groves. He's basically just a brawler without a punch and doesn't know how to make use of his reach when he tries to box. Abraham, late TKO.

Some sanity. Its not even as though we can't all see the evidence for ourselves.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:26 am

Only seen a couple of minutes of Steiglitz and can't say he looked anything special. But maybe he'll look better, the better his opposition gets, although just looking through his record, a loss to Liberado Andrade would suggest otherwise.

Artur has only really lost to two of the great super middles and yes was behind to Dirrell, but Louis was behind to Conn, Marciano behind to Walcott and Charles etc. I think Dirrell knew he was one punch away from a career shortening concussion. It was touch and go as to whether he would have made it to the final bell. He'd have got stopped in a fifteen rounder, not even up for debate that.

Would be easy to lose your confidence after fighting Ward and Froch and he has looked to be in decline, but a couple of good wins and a stoppage or two could be just the tonic Artur needs now he's back at HIS weight. You wonder if super middle didn't exist and Ward and Froch had to boil down, how different things might have been.

See Dirrell(who turned down a most intriguing clash with Adonis Stevenson to become Froch's mandatory,) wants Ward and Froch. You just knew it. Surely this man owes the Armenian a rematch first, despite their now fighting at different weights. If Artur wins on Saturday, that is the one I want to see- Abraham/Dirrell the return.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:18 pm

Surely this man owes the Armenian a rematch first, despite their now fighting at different weights. If Artur wins on Saturday, that is the one I want to see- Abraham/Dirrell the return. .

---------

Pointless rematch. Dirrell owned nearly every minute of every round last time out. All he needed was a larger nutsack in the last couple of rounds and it would have been conclusive. Even without the DQ Dirrell would still have won, he wasn't out on his feet as people like to make out he was just being himself. Terrific boxer who lacks guts. He would have easily handled Froch if he had the resilience.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Fri 24 Aug 2012, 12:21 pm

Abraham will either foul his way out or cower behind his guard to lose a lopsided decision.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 24 Aug 2012, 1:42 pm

I hope the reader will forgive me for my post above. For some reason, thought this fight was at middleweight. It's super middle right?

Boon, why is it pointless? How can ducking out of the last few minutes of the Abraham fight earn Dirrell the right to face the top two in the division?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:49 pm

AA deserves nothing.

He was exposed by Dirrell before turning in two completely gutless and inept performances against Froch and Ward.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 24 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

He had a fair go at Ward for the first few rounds to be fair.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 24 Aug 2012, 4:25 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:AA deserves nothing.

He was exposed by Dirrell before turning in two completely gutless and inept performances against Froch and Ward.

Have to agree. He was founbd out against Dirrell before he went in like a man with a broken heart against Froch and Ward and got beaten up. If ever there is a case of a boxer losing his myth and invincibility when he lost his "0" it is Arthur Abraham. It's a matter of opinion one way or another but I really don't see that Dirrell had faded that badly or was all that hurt prior to AA getting DQ'd. Despite it being an unsatisfactory way to win I think Dirrell dominated the fight and a subsequent rematch is unnecessary.

I'm very cynical with German boxers and all I see the AA/Stieglitz fight as being is one for AA to take an easy trinket and milk it against the plodding no-hopers for a nice retirement fund.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:02 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:He had a fair go at Ward for the first few rounds to be fair.

This is the internet. Never be fair.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:04 pm

Have to be honest, I didn't see any of the signs of a broken hearted fighter Boon, the last couple of rounds his fight with Dirrell.

In fact the opposite, he was charging Dirrell like a rampant bull. Not normally what you'd expect to see from a broken hearted fighter.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 24 Aug 2012, 6:15 pm

I dont really where the cynacism about Abraham comes from. He moved up a weight and signed up for the super 6. He came up short in it ultimately. Stieglitz is a good fight for him. Who else can really face? I dont think the criticism of being a protected fighter or failing to take on challenges can be levelled at him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sat 25 Aug 2012, 2:39 pm

AA by mid rounds TKO

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sun 26 Aug 2012, 2:37 am

The commentators as well as Buncey, Rod Douglas and the bloke with umpteen missing teeth were all raving about what a fantastic, memorable fight it was. I wasn"t too carried away with it with Abraham grinding out a predictably generously lopsided points win. Whistle

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Tue 28 Aug 2012, 11:14 am

Would like to say a special thanks to Boxnation, watched the recording of this fight yesterday and it cut out (for the third occassion) towards the end of the main event fight. Had to read how it ended which is extremely frustrating as it was a pretty entertaining fight.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 28 Aug 2012, 1:44 pm

How did you all score it? I had it 5-5-2 draw. Abe looked like he could win a round whenever he decided to unload the big shots but Stieglitz appeared hungrier.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down