The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future of ROH

4 posters

Go down

Future of ROH Empty Future of ROH

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:57 pm

Having just watched boiling point I'm thinking that the quality of the wrestling and story telling in ROH has improved greatly over the past few years. The wrestlers they have on the roster seem to be improving and it was a great PPV.

having said all of that ROH have struggled to get a media contract at all and the actual quality of the production seemed worse than ever. The set up seemed cheaper than what I would expect at a touring company turning up in my local theater. What can ROH do they obviously will not compete with the like of TNA so is there truly a future for them? They seem to have taken a step backwards for my liking in many ways just due to the quality of the set up. WWE are not buying up all the small companies like the UFC are doing with MMA but will ROH just die in a few years or can we expect great things from a company that knows the basics of wrestling just can't get the big contract it could really do with.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Future of ROH Empty Re: Future of ROH

Post by talkingpoint Sat 25 Aug 2012, 6:45 pm

ROH was always a niche company, which was originally set up as a dvd retailer. ROH was never established to become a mainstream wrestling company, therefore I think it will survive in whatever capacity.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:47 pm

ROH have been given a great platform to reach into the more mainstream fans televisions with the contract and TV time with Sinclair but their problem is that they still have an Indy company mindset. Their show set up is still too amateur as their booking at times.

I feel they'll never go out of business as they'll always have that hardcore fan base but I am of the opinion that Evolve and DGUSA are the best Indy company at the moment in terms of shows and breaching out to the mainstream fans.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 Aug 2012, 8:07 pm

I don't think we'll see any wrestling promotion become mainstream now unless WWE goes bust, and if that happens none will be as big as WWE, there'd likely just be a couple of fairly big ones.

I think the market for wrestling is drying up, it doesn't give anything people can't get from other things. The violence is real in UFC and the stories (which are decreasing in quality) can be found in drama programs.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down