The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future of T20?

3 posters

Go down

The Future of T20? Empty The Future of T20?

Post by kingraf Sat 06 Apr 2013, 12:56 pm

In the South African domestic cricket scene, The Highveld Lions have been the dominant force this T20 season. The final is this Sunday, and they are favourites to hoist the trophy for the first time since 2006. But its their tactic that interests me.

Coach Geoffrey Toyana has spoken of going into some matches a batsman light. But more often than not this season, theyve gone in with four recognised batsmen (including w/k batsman Quinton de Kock opening). The other eight comprise of bowlers who can score a fee runs. The tactic basically goes like this

One of the top four HAS to come off.
The rest can scratch a few runs
= total of 160-170.

Bowling attack comprises of a Slow left armer, leg-spinner, two left-armers, and and two out-and-out Right-arm fast bowlers.

The bowling attack will then have enough variety to defend the target no matter what the conditions.

So, has t20 evolved to the point where its all about stacking your deck with bowlers?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

The Future of T20? Empty Re: The Future of T20?

Post by Biltong Sun 07 Apr 2013, 10:48 am

I don't have much interest in T20's to be honest, but from what I have seen with Gary Kirsten, it looks like he is trying to emulate that principle.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun 07 Apr 2013, 4:38 pm

Seems to have worked today. Titans batted pretty deep with Albie Morkel coming in at 8 & fell well short on a plumb wicket.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down