The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Cortez to ref Canelo vs Lopez

4 posters

Go down

Joe Cortez to ref Canelo vs Lopez Empty Joe Cortez to ref Canelo vs Lopez

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Can the fight actually be anymore of a farce!?

Canelo must be wondering what he has done wrong in a previous life, Williams, Kirland, Ortiz all get struck off, the fight gets put on 15th Sept just to pi55 off Bob Arum. Now they dig up Cortez (who the WBC said would never officiate a major fight again)......

Come on!!!

Sorry, I seen an update for this on a boxing news page on facebook. Can't be annoyed getting the link, but its true........apparently.

Good night folks!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Joe Cortez to ref Canelo vs Lopez Empty Re: Joe Cortez to ref Canelo vs Lopez

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 am

Haha, Yopu know what this fight is so tainted by corruption and surrounded by incompentence that I'll bet it'll go off without a hitch making us all look like conspiracy theorist nutters.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:13 pm

i think cortez will be a advantage for canelo, won't let lopez grab on to much if he takes a few shots.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Melkor Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:46 pm

I appreciate that Lopez is being dragged up to a stone above his pre-Ortiz weight, but why is this fight a farce? He might well be over-matched, but he beat the guy who was being lined up to fight Canelo, so doesn't Lopez deserve his shot? Duran went up to 147 for Leonard, Jones Jr went all the way to heavyweight, Calzaghe went up to 175, Hatton, Mayweather, Pacquiao. JMM, and a whole host of other guys have moved up in weight and in somecases have pulled off upset wins.

Boxing SHOULD be about the best fighting the best. Lopez isn't the best, but he beat the guy he wasn't supposed to. Let him try his luck, instead of always having fighters matched based on perceived reputation instead of hard results.

Melkor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down