The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garcia vs Lopez

+11
Seanusarrilius
KC
bellchees
spencerclarke
Mr Bounce
Soldier_Of_Fortune
hampo17
jimdig
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BoxingFan88
15 posters

Go down

Garcia vs Lopez Empty Garcia vs Lopez

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:20 pm

Mikey Garcia vs Juan Manuel Lopez

This fight appears to have slipped under the radar and could potentially be a great matchup.

I personally think that Garcia will win by KO, but it will certainly be fun while it lasts!

Its being aired on Boxnation so kudos to them!

What do you guys think?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Garcia vs Lopez Empty Re: Garcia vs Lopez

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 12 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm

Picked Salido last time, and while I was very impressed with Garcia I think that Salido's legs just didnt look right and he was having his best rounds when it was eventually stopped

Lopez has had a few too many wars and Garcia can bang. He has never taken a shot too well but has the warrior spirit and power to pull himself trough but I think he lost something in the Salido fights

That said it'll be interesting to see how Garcia will take his power, Lopez has always been heavy handed and has proven that he can clean you out with a single shot

Good matchup but Garcia by KO looks likely

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 12 Jun 2013, 7:20 pm

Lopez to get stopped in the 9th and claim that the referee is another gambler again.

This fight wont go to points in my opinion, both guys have the power to take the other one out but I feel that Mikey is riding high at the minute while Lopez is coming off a 1 year ban also so weighing it up Garcia seems to hold all the aces here. But wouldnt be surprised if Lopez KO'ed Garcia either. Very good fight. Garcia seems a really decent young fighter.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:13 am

Garcia misses weight, comes in at 128, and decides he wasn't going to try to shift 2 pounds. This has happened alot recently. Seems very unprofessional. Mikey already favourite and now has another advantage.
This fight could he fight of the year candidate, funny that hardly anyone here is bothered.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:57 am

Of all the people you wouldn't have thought it was Garcia. A real nice guy around and seems very humble but its a bit if a disgrace if you ask me

You agree on a weight for a reason, and of you miss it then you need to honour the contract. By not burning off those extra 2 pounds it a a sign of unprofessionalism and gives him an unfair weight advantage

He is a career feather and Lopez has fought his last few at 128-130 so you'd think it was Juanma who was going to struggle

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 15 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

Maybe he just knew he couldn't physically burn off those two pounds? I saw Montoya defending him a lot on twitter last night, and he made some good points to be fair to him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:08 pm

I think Lopez is a live underdog here. Styles make fights and I just think the Siri was one of those boxers who has the style to beat him. Garcia is a different kettle of fish altogether and it will be interesting to see how they match up. Garcia is the obvious fav but I would not be surprised if JuamMa tears the form book up.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:40 pm

Garcia has really come to form in the last couple of years. He has a great offensive skill set speed power and a fantastic engine. This fight is the classic passing of the torch. Juanma chin is likely to let him down.
I've huge interest this fight, the expectation is that juanma is finished, the beauty of boxing is that Garcia has to prove it and with juanma's power you just never know.

Garcia missing weight was completely unexpected, he always looks lean, and I had thought that he was the consummate professional. It sours the contest a little for me.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 15 Jun 2013, 6:09 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion that Lopez takes Mikey's "0" tonight. Mikey not making weight could point to either an unhappy camp or something not quite sitting right in his head.

I see Lopez surviving some early scares to put a cruising Garcia on his backside at least twice with the ref stepping in for a big shock. Just a feeling... Erm

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 15 Jun 2013, 6:10 pm

Lopez takes too many and Garcia hit hard, very hard and is going to be the bigger stronger man in there whereas before I thought Juanma would be bigger

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 16 Jun 2013, 9:40 am

Anyone know the outcome?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:51 am

spencerclarke wrote:Anyone know the outcome?

Spoiler:

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:52 am

Cheers mate!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:54 am

1st round was close but then Garcia took over, knocked him down in 2nd, absolutely dominated behind a great jab & landed with some lovely straight rights & counter left hooks, he could barely miss. 
TKO 4th round - Juanma marching forward in straight lines threw a wild left hook, Garcia stepped to the right & threw an overhand right which landed just below the ear & scrambled his senses, the left hook finished him off. Juanma managed to get to his feet but referee waved it off.
Sensational performance - said in the post fight interview that he'd be moving up to SFW

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:02 am

Great performance by Mikey, the guy is so talented, but Lopez was always too easy to hit

I don't know the stats but he easily landed more than 50% of both his jab and power shots, he was so accurate and was busting Lopez up. Lopez on his part probably didnt land 15% of his, Mikey kept his distance great

No real names at SFW, but I'm sure Gamboa will be game for a fight and he's the biggest name around atm

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Sun 16 Jun 2013, 11:06 am

Yeah just been looking at the sfw rankings. He should have no trouble picking up a world title there before a fight with gamboa

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:19 pm

Really impressive stuff from Mikey, is jab is excellent and should be a lesson to other fighters on how to use it properly. Every time Juanma charged forward he got knocked off balance with the ram rod jab.

Also a big shout out to Terrance Crawford, I saw him against Prescott and he looked impressive and he did again tonight, never seen someone do a forward roll in the ring before after getting dropped...

Good night of boxing.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 16 Jun 2013, 12:59 pm

Garcia is being lined up to face Rocky Martinez next according to Arum. Another winnable fight for Mikey and could be a decent fight also
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 16 Jun 2013, 3:15 pm

Garcia is building a very nice career. Excellent timing and counters and some real snap. Lopez should call it, IMO. Looks shot and his defence is very bad. Lacks head movement and after some really tough fights is probably going to lose in this fashion again.

I really like Garcia though, a fine technician

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 16 Jun 2013, 3:31 pm

Lopez v Donaire will be good while it lasts but unfortunately it will all end in tears again for Lopez. Agree with Sean he looked awful last night, maybe it was just because Garcia was 141lbs in the ring. Bit of a dampner that he couldn't make weight and lost his belt on the scales
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 16 Jun 2013, 3:36 pm

Juanma looks done at 29, big drop from being on the P4P list. Almost Don Curry like.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 16 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

Lopez has never been the toughest, but he always had the power and the heart to fight through. But now he's been in too many wars, he can't push I like he used to and when he's hurt he doesn't recover very well

I think he can fight and win against B/C level fighters but he's getting stopped against any top level fighter. Defence has always been a problem and he doesn't move his head at all, so even if he goes agaisnt a none puncher they can still accumulate enough damage to his face to get a stoppage

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 16 Jun 2013, 5:01 pm

Really surprised by how easy Garcia made it look. Lopez was diving in and crossing his feet from round 2 and Garcia made those couple of inch advantages in height and reach seem like they were in feet.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 16 Jun 2013, 5:06 pm

Replay here by the way... http://www.lambingan.net/2013/06/miguel-angel-garcia-vs-juan-manuel.html

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 16 Jun 2013, 7:34 pm

Not suprsied, been thinking Garcia was quality for a while then his demolition job over Salido confirmed it, he looked leagues above Lopez and is just so accurate, practically born in a boxing gym to be fair similar to Mayweather in terms of just constantly being in the sport from a very very young age.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by YDKSAB Sun 16 Jun 2013, 9:39 pm

Lol Lopez was always just a BANGER! He aint DONE. He just been EXPOSED!!

YDKSAB

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 19 Jun 2013, 12:26 pm

Never rated Lopez

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down