The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Nations Trips

2 posters

Go down

6 Nations Trips Empty 6 Nations Trips

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 27 Aug 2012, 3:45 am

Ok I know the new season not started yet but the way this year has flown by already the 6 Nations will soon be upon us. So with that in mind I am asking for help tips etc on where to get the best deals for Wales' away trip to Italy this coming season.

Italy is the only away destination not managed to get to yet and am hoping to put that right by going in February, any tips etc greatly appreciated.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

6 Nations Trips Empty Re: 6 Nations Trips

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Aug 2012, 8:21 am

I recommend you make a few days of it.

A few years ago I went with a few mates and our respective better halves. We flew in to milan on a Thursday, the ladies took in the shops we strolled around enjoyed a great meal, took the train that evening to Florence, stayed in Florence on the Friday. Traveled down to Rome for the match on Saturday and stayed there a night, took an early train to Naples and spent the Sunday evening and Monday there and flew out from Napoli airport. Fantastic trip.

There are loads of cheap deals on great hotels in Rome if you book in advance.

Great crowd, very friendly and the hotel was very helpful with our travel plans.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 01 Sep 2012, 3:14 am

Maes,

Where you fly to from etc we looking to go Fri-Mon but seems difficult to get flights etc
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 01 Sep 2012, 7:37 am

If you are going straight to Rome thee are plenty of cheap flights to either Ciampino or Fuimacino. Both within thirty minutes of the city by train or bus.

Pretty sure you can fly from Luton airport or maybe Birmingham too?

Fiumacino is what I recommend.

Check out a few hotel sites, I think the guardian ran a feature a while back on top ten places to stay in rome. We were at the Hotel Russie, very comfortable and very good classic style service.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down