The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

+51
RDW
Rugby Fan
Hound of Harrow
tooboredtowork
westisbest
Scrumpy
Mickado
Irish Londoner
Imperialbigdave
BristolDave
B91212
Sam
funnyExiledScot
LeinsterFan4life
stnick88
Francogermanicenglishman
Jenifer McLadyboy
Ozzy3213
Hood83
HammerofThunor
screamingaddabs
thebluesmancometh
SirBurger
ScarletSpiderman
beshocked
formerly known as Sam
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Jimpy
aitchw
SGD prop
KickAndChase
George Carlin
Morgannwg
mckay1402
Dim
Big
DaveM
yappysnap
Sgt_Pooly
Fluxy
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Driver
Portnoy
LondonTiger
ChequeredJersey
Bristolian
Cumbrian
TrailApe
Bathite
bluestonevedder
Geordie
55 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 17 Empty Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Geordie Thu 30 Aug 2012, 1:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Manager: Dean Richards
Head Coach: Peter Russell

Current Squad:

Forwards
Props:
Grant Shiels
Oliver Tomasczyk
Keiron Brookes
Scott Wilson

Hookers:
Matt Thompson
Rob Vickers
Scott Lawson

Second Rows:
Carlo Del Fava
Scott MacLeod
Sean Tomes
Frasier McKensie

Back Row
Ally Hogg
Will Welch
Richard Mayhew
Andy Saul
Mark Wilson
Chris York

Backs
SH's
Rory Lawson
Chris Pilgrim
Warren Fury
Mike Blair

Fh's
Joel Hodgson
Waisea Luveniyali
Rory Clegg
Phil Godman

Centres
Jamie Helleur
James Fitzpatrick
Tane Tu'ipulotu
Andrew Higgins
Alex Crocket
Michael Tait
Adam Powell
Danny Barnes - In from Munster

Wing:
Ryan Shortland
Andy Higgins
Suka Hufanga
Noah Cato

FB's:
Tom Catterick
Alex Tait

Last edited by GeordieFalcon on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:11 am; edited 21 times in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 17 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:27 pm

Jeez, Fury is a poor scrum half. Surely one of the other lads could do a better job!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners - Page 17 Empty Re: Newcastle Falcons - We're back!! Championship winners

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 1:28 pm

Great play, cracking scrum.

Shiells is fantastic

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 12 May 2013, 1:29 pm

This is the Newcastle we've been watching this season...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:29 pm

I can understand the sentiment, but don't like the reaction by Tomohawk. It lacks class.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 1:36 pm

Besides 1 kick, Fury playing v well

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:38 pm

Probably an overreaction after he put it out on the full, but I still think we could do better.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:43 pm

That's it Jimmy lad, just need to keep building the lead.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 1:43 pm

Blair will be a huge improvement without doubt.

We're looking solid but Im still nervous of a Leeds breakaway.

4 pts clear Smile

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:50 pm

Ah criminal, just give them a shot at goal there.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 1:56 pm

Bugger!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 1:58 pm

A let off! Still, after all that possession and territory it is a bit disappointing that we aren't a bit further ahead.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 1:58 pm

Phew!

Big big half of rugby, another one like that will do

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 12 May 2013, 2:02 pm

Score?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 2:04 pm

12-3 to Falcons HT.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 2:21 pm

It's bothering me that we haven't remotely looked like scoring a try in either leg so far (Ally's effort accepted).
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 2:41 pm

Jimmy man!!!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 2:50 pm

How many tackles have Leeds made?!? This is ridiculous!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 3:00 pm

Thank Christ for that! I though I was going to be sick for a minute there! Great credit to Leeds defence there, they can hold their heads up high. However, someone wants a word with the Falcons backs coach, some of that attacking play was so pedestrian.
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 3:02 pm

No trust in backs at all.

Great Leeds performance, they can be proud.

So happy that is over.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 12 May 2013, 3:07 pm

Phew...com on you falcons...least it was better than Monday.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cumbrian Sun 12 May 2013, 3:13 pm

Got the win, that's all that matters. We'll worry about all the other stuff when we are promoted!
Cumbrian
Cumbrian

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Sun 12 May 2013, 3:40 pm

Well done lads. I was really worrying about how I would apologise for winning! Good luck against Bedford. Shouldn't be a problem unless you take your foot of the gas.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 12 May 2013, 6:03 pm

I suspect Leeds could be a serious challenger next season....they look impressive to me.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 12 May 2013, 6:23 pm

They'll only get better, young team apparently too.

Your 13 butchered so many chances today, some unit though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Sun 12 May 2013, 8:12 pm

Well played Leeds - made us work for every point. You have a team that will push next season.
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 12 May 2013, 8:15 pm

How are the finger nails?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by aitchw Sun 12 May 2013, 8:22 pm

Youngest in the Championship. The trick will be keeping them together. The pattern has been starting from scratch pretty much which means we lose out early season. We don't have cash for bringing in experience so the aim is to build on young potential. They've really improved since early this year and are a treat to watch now they have some confidence in what they can do. 13 is Josh Griffin, we recruited him from Castleford Tigers RL team, He's 22/23 I think. His brothers play for Rhinos and Hull KR.

aitchw

http://www.winmax-leisure.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 13 May 2013, 8:37 am

LT...what finger nails...they're gone Wink

Bedford next...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 13 May 2013, 9:28 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:LT...what finger nails...they're gone Wink

Bedford next...

Leinster first. Perhaps the players who get game time then may push for selection for the Bedford games

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 13 May 2013, 9:42 am

Sorry yes, Leinster...

Well its going to be interesting to see what lineup he puts out for that game...but yes i agree any standout performances from non 1st team regulars should be considered.

Interesting debate going on the Newcastle Unofficial site at the moment about our back row and in particular Andy Saul.

He has suggested that Sarries tactics is stiffling him...and that Newcastle have promised to release the shackles so to speak and allow him to play a heads up "7" role...which he says is his game.
Some suggesting Will Welch will move to 6 then. Which would be harsh on MArk Wilson who i think is a crackin No.6

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 13 May 2013, 9:59 am

Wilson has arguably being the better player this season too.

I still think we need a big ball carrying 6 as an option, Tui made an impact as soon as he came on.

Read that about Saull, little bit odd. He has serious gas and a good link game, perhaps he sees himself as more of a Tipuric type player raoming the pitch, I'm not so sure.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 13 May 2013, 11:47 am

I think your right Sarge...Wilson has been excellent this season...as he was last season actually. I rate him very highly indeed.

I do think your right though, we're missing a couple of serious ball carriers in the pack. Should we manage to go up i would suggest thats something we need to look into correcting...(Ollie Steadman actually looks like he could fill that role mind)

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 15 May 2013, 4:05 pm

Player club awards for the season...

Scott MaCleod:
Player of the Season,
Players Player of the Season
Supporters Club Player of the Season

Mark Wilson:
The Ken Lockerbie Trophy
Try of the Season award which was earned for his touchdown during the 24-13 win against Tonga in November.

Zach Kibirige won the Falcons Academy Player of the Season

Joel Hodgson won the Supporters Club Emerging Player Award.

Tane Tu’ipulotu was named the Falcons Community Player Contribution Award winner

Interesting that Mark Wilson has won the Ken Lockerbie trophy twice on the bounce now...and only two other players have done that...Carl Hayman and Matt Burke....he's in good company

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 16 May 2013, 2:39 pm

Newcastle putting out the B team

Newcastle Falcons: 15 Jamie Sole, 14 Zach Kibirge, 13 Alex Crockett, 12 James Fitzpatrick, 11 Andrew Higgins, 10 Joel Hodgson, 9 Rory Lawson, 1 James Hall, 2 Rob Vickers, 3 Scott Wilson, 4 Sean Tomes, 5 James Hudson (c), 6 Ollie Stedman, 7 Richard Mayhew, 8 Chris York
Bench: 16 Michael Mayhew, 17 James Hallam, 18 Scott MacLeod, 19 Taiasina Tu’ifua, 20 Chris Pilgrim, 21 Waisea Luveniyali, 22 Michael Tait

LEINSTER 'A':

15: Fionn Carr
14: Sam Coghlan-Murray
13: Brendan Macken
12: Noel Reid
11: Andrew Boyle
10: Cathal Marsh
9: Luke McGrath

1: Jack O'Connell
2: Aaron Dundon
3: Michael Bent
4: Tadhg Beirne
5: Mark Flanagan
6: Dominic Ryan
7: Conor Gilsenan
8: Jordi Murphy CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:

16: James Tracy
17: Martin Moore
18: Leo Auva'a
19: Daniel Leavy
20: Adam Griggs
21: Jordan Coghlan
22: Adam Byrne

There was a rumour that the departing Heinke Van Der Merwe would play in this game, but I suppose he will be meeting his new team mates in the RDS.

Pity the game is not on telly (was last year) and that it clashes with the Amlin final.

Any NewCastle fans give a sh1t?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 16 May 2013, 2:52 pm

Not really, been a good comp for the kids to play in but much more focuswd on championship.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 16 May 2013, 2:56 pm

Very much a 2nd string, decent pack though that could trouble Leinster.

Not seen Hall at LH before and great to see York back.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 16 May 2013, 3:10 pm

Actually i do take an interest in this. For me its nice to see the state of our younger players coming through and players coming back in...Joel Hodgson and Chris York, Zach Kibirige and Jamie Sole, Scott Wilson and Ollie Steadman.

Incidently, i agree with the Srgt...thats a very interesting pack we're putting out. Its got some serious size and power about it...and it certainly could give the Leinster A side a bit of a scare.....

When i see a side like this put out....I really believe the future of the falcons is in good shape...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Thu 16 May 2013, 3:35 pm

Never mind the game - any chance of getting real ale on this friday?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 16 May 2013, 3:43 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Actually i do take an interest in this. For me its nice to see the state of our younger players coming through and players coming back in...Joel Hodgson and Chris York, Zach Kibirige and Jamie Sole, Scott Wilson and Ollie Steadman.

Incidently, i agree with the Srgt...thats a very interesting pack we're putting out. Its got some serious size and power about it...and it certainly could give the Leinster A side a bit of a scare.....

When i see a side like this put out....I really believe the future of the falcons is in good shape...

We have issues at 2nd row. 1 first year academy guy and Flanagan who is leaving/being released after the game. No 2nd row on the bench.

Serious back row though with 2 extra on the bench. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 16 May 2013, 3:53 pm

Not sure Trailape...i wasnt going but am free now so might have to grab a ticket...unless its sold out.

Our second row is not bad. Hudson in one of his final games for us...and big Tomes...19+ stone and 6'7 monster. They'll give your academy boys a run.

Back row...well that'll be an interesting one to watch. Steadman is normally an 8...and a big ball carrier. York has been injured so much this season...who knows what he'll bring and Mayhew is a big powerful 6 playing at 7.

As i said..he's opted for optimum power by the looks of it.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 18 May 2013, 9:53 am

Well done Leinster, a double win!

Read Hodgson was very good and we weren't far off winning.

Roll on the playoffs

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 21 May 2013, 9:58 am

Whens he announcing the team?
The 1st leg is on thursday...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 21 May 2013, 10:39 am

I imagine today.

Just trying to book tickets for the away leg but the Bedford website is awful

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 22 May 2013, 12:36 pm

Teams up:

Newcastle Falcons: 15 Alex Tait, 14 Noah Cato, 13 Suka Hufanga, 12 Adam Powell, 11 Ryan Shortland, 10 Jimmy Gopperth, 9 Warren Fury, 1 Grant Shiells, 2 Rob Vickers, 3 Oliver Tomaszczyk, 4 Carlo del Fava, 5 Scott MacLeod, 6 Mark Wilson, 7 Will Welch (c), 8 Ally Hogg

Replacements: 16 Michael Mayhew, 17 Jonny Golding, 18 Scott Wilson, 19 James Hudson, 20 Taiasina Tu’ifua, 21 Rory Lawson, 22 Waisea Luveniyali

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 22 May 2013, 2:33 pm

Well the pack is as i expected...but the backs have changed yet again ....and Fury??!! What does Deano see in that guy?

Wheres Helleur...no Catterick? Curious...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 22 May 2013, 3:00 pm

Cattrick's defence is awful, if we're shutting up shop I think it's a good move.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 22 May 2013, 3:51 pm

Yeah but is it any worse than Cato's?
Not sure, and Catterick has been better elsewhere for the most part of this season...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 22 May 2013, 4:02 pm

I must admit GF, I'm not really a fan of Catterick. I think he's a bit of defensive liabilty.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 23 May 2013, 11:22 am

Is it on Sky Sports?

EDIT: Yeah 7.30 Sky 4...pub it is then...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 23 May 2013, 12:17 pm

I've got my tickets, I've been teaching a Cornish colleague the Falcons song

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next