The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teams you love to hate

+32
The Womble
NedB-H
Imperial Ghosty
Kay Fabe
owen10ozzy
azania
Dave.
Mat
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Awesome Giz
The Special Juan
Reaper
Gordy
GSC
Duty281
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Scott is Back
Bathite
Liam
Gregers
GG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sirfredperry
ncfc_Tooze
two_tone
hampo17
nasisillmatic
super_realist
Beer
sodhat
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
36 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Teams you love to hate Empty Teams you love to hate

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

Other than your local rivals, which teams do you love to hate.

For me, it is Liverpool. Everything about the club at the moment is just a joke. Dalglish spending a small fortune on absolute gash as ruining the club for the coming seasons is a particular highlight. Brendan Rogers looking like he is sucking a lemon on the sidelines, Gerrard trying to replicate the form used to have, Suarez waving the imaginery card around and is now largely ignored by ref's, although he is still a cheating swine and gets freekicks he shouldnt.

So, which team do you love to hate.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Teams you love to hate Empty Re: Teams you love to hate

Post by Guest Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

Stoke - I know the style they play works for them but I find it dull, they're not a highlight when it comes to the English game, and I used to like their fans before they booed Ramsey against Arsenal last week

To say they're classless would be an understatement

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:54 pm

Stoke is a good shout, horrible fans, horrible area and an even more horrible style of play.

The sight of Tony Pulis marching up and down the side line with his tracksuit on makes my blood boil.

And stitiching towels into a players top. Give me strength.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 10:58 pm

I think people are harsh on Stoke because of their football but I have a lot of respect for Tony Pulis to go against the critics and have a style of football that is different but is very effective. I imagine if Pulis had different players, he would try to play differently, but he uses the strengths of the players he has and he has established Stoke as a Premier League team and notoriously difficult to beat. I often find it refreshing to watch Stoke's games as they play differently to other teams.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:02 pm

Stoke are really awful to watch, dont know how you can enjoy that Crimey. Today Newcastle played direct stuf with Krul hoofing the ball up top to Ba and Cisse. Was disgusting to watch, had the crowds back up and I really think it has no place on the football field is the aim is to entertain.

The fact that TOny Pulis signs players like Cameron Jerome clearly shows his intentions.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:05 pm

I hate the attitude of that there is a 'right' way to play football a lot more than how Stoke play football.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

Crimey wrote:I hate the attitude of that there is a 'right' way to play football a lot more than how Stoke play football.

Of course there is no 'right' way of playing football. But lets not lose sight of the fact football is an entertainment business. If it is not entertaining then what is the point. Fans will not turn up and ultimately the money paid for watching such games will dry up.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

Well if that's true, you won't have to watch Stoke for much longer as they'll go bankrupt if they keep up their style of football then. OK

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:14 pm

Crimey wrote:Well if that's true, you won't have to watch Stoke for much longer as they'll go bankrupt if they keep up their style of football then. OK
They wont go bankrupt, TV money is split on where you finish in the league. Stoke playing that gash will limit the money given to all clubs, not just themselves.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Crimey wrote:Well if that's true, you won't have to watch Stoke for much longer as they'll go bankrupt if they keep up their style of football then. OK
They wont go bankrupt, TV money is split on where you finish in the league. Stoke playing that gash will limit the money given to all clubs, not just themselves.

I'm sure that TV revenue has only increased since Stoke entered the league, not that I'm saying there is a correlation, just that you're drawing conclusions despite evidence to the contrary.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 11:20 pm

In these tough economic climate customers are becoming more and more demanding in relation to value for money.

Now I dont work for sky, or have any solid evidence to support my claims but I would think it is reasonable to suggest that if Stoke keep serving up gash week in, week out, then broadcasters will spend funds elsewhere (such as F1). Many sports have suffered (such as boxing, despite doing huge PPV numbers), I would not be surprised that football is next.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:11 am

I don't like watching it but at the end of the day that's the style that works for them so credit to Tony Pulis

at the end of the day I only have to watch them twice a season really

Still don't like their fans booing Aaron Ramsey the other week though

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:26 am

It's more likely they won't show any Stoke games than football as a whole sufferring. The game has just re-tendered the rights for the next 3 years for a mammoth sum, so it doesn't look like it's going downhill or audiences are switching off.

I can't remember the last time I saw Stoke on TV actually. I'm a West Ham fan and I'm surprised how much time we're getting at the moment though, considering Allardyce's reputation for a drab style of football - which I do think can be a little harsh sometimes.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

Sunderland - Horrible club, horrible fans, bunch of inbred scumbags.

Hearts - As above.

Liverpool - Hate them for the Andy Carroll affair, especially the way Kenny acted. Stupid grandma faced kumquat.

Stoke - For the same reasons as everyone else stated.

Spurs - A lot of reasons.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:59 am

Hate hate hate Rangers and the Old Firm in general. Small pathetic teams who will fortunately never be well known or achieve anything other than tinpot silverware again.

Liverpool. same reasons.

Generally though, it's certain high profile footballers I dislike. Over-rated as sportsmen and their skill they possess (or don't)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:03 am

Corporate Beer wrote:

The speed with which they will turn on AVB and their own players will be something to behold this year. I've never known a more reactionary and entitled group of fans.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

sodhat wrote:
Corporate Beer wrote:

The speed with which they will turn on AVB and their own players will be something to behold this year. I've never known a more reactionary and entitled group of fans.

They are ridiculously fickle. Booing the team off after 3 games?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:25 am

Stoke - them throw in's are taking the pi$$ now.

Booing Ramsey because 1 of your own players could've ended his career? Horrible

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:26 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Crimey wrote:I hate the attitude of that there is a 'right' way to play football a lot more than how Stoke play football.

Of course there is no 'right' way of playing football. But lets not lose sight of the fact football is an entertainment business. If it is not entertaining then what is the point. Fans will not turn up and ultimately the money paid for watching such games will dry up.

Actually I disagree that football is an entertainment business, football is a business of winning and that's why at clubs like Man City and Chelsea if the managers don't win they get sacked. Stokes style works for them, they've never been threatened by relegation and it's a very effective style of football, not sure how you think their fans won't turn up either.

Don't actually hate any clubs, just certain players and small section of fans from certain clubs. Man City fans are top of the list at the moment, you all know the ones. They where Chelsea fans 3 years ago, United fans before that and Liverpool fans before that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:31 am

I doubt the majority of Stoke fans were booing Aaron Ramsey, just a small stupid minority. I also believe they booed him not because he almost had his career ended, but because he refused to forgive Shawcross who was traumatised by the events. Still not acceptable to boo, but it isn't as black and white as some are suggesting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:34 am

And that Ramsey opposes Ryan Shawcross being selected for Wales.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

I also don't see how any Newcastle fan could possibly hate Liverpool for the Carroll affair, I'd have thought the £35 million which has been invested wisely would have made up for everything else.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Liverpool - Majority of their fans that still believe they are a top club and harp on about the past endlessly when the current state of the club is the worst it has been for years. Dalglish's arrogance in interviews last season and that disgusting little ar5ewipe Suarez is just the recent reasons I dont like them.

Celtic - Neil Lennon, probably the worst person in football at the moment I cannot find a single thing I like about this bloke and therefore hope Celtic fail (which is pretty much not going to happen now their only challenge is three divisions lower) His face the day after Rangers were gone was enough for me to want to put my foot through the TV.

City - Being that I am a United fan then its for all the obvious reasons.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:46 am

Corporate Beer wrote:
sodhat wrote:
Corporate Beer wrote:

They are ridiculously fickle. Booing the team off after 3 games?

its already started Soddy mate. They booed the team off at half time and full time on saturday. think some of them were ready to jump on the pitch close to where I was sitting

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:49 am

Expanding the Stoke-style argument a little. Many teams are now trying to play the Barcelona way, but not doing it very well. That is, they have possession without penetration.
With fitness levels high and defenders' ability to mark and cover so well, the measured approach can easily be nullified.
I agree that there is no "correct" way to play football. OK, sometimes the hoof-it-up-to-the-big-guy-up-front approach aint pretty, but it can be damn effective. I'm sure Stoke fans would be dismayed if their team played "pretty" football, were praised for their skills, but ended up at the foot of the table.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 11:51 am

Crimey wrote:I also don't see how any Newcastle fan could possibly hate Liverpool for the Carroll affair, I'd have thought the £35 million which has been invested wisely would have made up for everything else.

Because of how your horrible orc of a former manager went about his business. That's why.

And the fact we didn't want to sell him.

No means no. I know in the footballing world it doesn't mean as much (Titus, RVP, Ched Evans), but how many more times did we tell you to bugger off, yet you still felt it necessary to publicly announce your interest and bid for him.

Another reason why i hate Spurs, allowing that fat, jowely, bribe taking git to hang out of his car window like some 70's pimp, chatting up Geoff Shreeves and discussing every other teams players and what clauses they may or may not have.

But if you need other reasons....

1) The way your fans ram your 'history' down other teams throats, when in reality, other than a brief moment in 2005 you've done basically naff all since the late 70's early 80's. Yet have the audacity to mock other teams without.

2) The behaviour of your club and it's public image.

3) Cheating to win the CL Semi-Final against Chelsea (It never crossed the line).

4) Selling us John Barnes and Ian Rush.

5) Steven Gerrard being completely innocent in anything he's ever done because you see him as some sort of demi god, even though he's a bloody Everton fan.

6) The Luis Suarez affair and how you handled it.

7) Luis Suarez.

8) Luis Suaraz's teeth.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:01 pm

3) Cheating to win the CL Semi-Final against Chelsea (It never crossed the line)

Since when did Liverpool decide to rule whether a goal was over the line or not?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:03 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:3) Cheating to win the CL Semi-Final against Chelsea (It never crossed the line)

Since when did Liverpool decide to rule whether a goal was over the line or not?

I never said they did, but you know full well it didn't.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:10 pm

Well how did we cheat? We had no influence over the decision.

So did Chelsea cheat when they won the FA Cup Final last season? Coz I'm sure Andy Carroll's header was over the line.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:15 pm

I think if it wasn't a goal in the CL semi, then it was a penalty and Cech would have been sent off.

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:17 pm

I'm still mystified as to how we cheated????

Breaking News: England "cheat" to win World Cup - The ball didn't cross the line

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

I don't know how in that instance,
But Gerrard is a cheater.
Worst diver in the league. Nothing said about it because he's English

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:32 pm

I tend to dislike Liverpool and any team managed by Fat Sam.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:34 pm

Spurs
Liverpool
Leeds
Man U

All of them

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:36 pm

I used to really hate Man Utd- but I've warmed to them of late.
You can't help but respect them.

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I used to really hate Man Utd- but I've warmed to them of late.
You can't help but respect them.

Same here. The opposite has kind of happened with Liverpool, didn't mind them under Houllier.

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:38 pm

Ah yes, Steven Gerrard is always innocent, even when eveybody else he is with is guiltly as proven by CCTV.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:42 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:Well how did we cheat? We had no influence over the decision.

So did Chelsea cheat when they won the FA Cup Final last season? Coz I'm sure Andy Carroll's header was over the line.

Cause Garcia knew full well it didn't cross.

Carrolls header didn't cross the line.

Geoff Hurst's did and you should be hung, drawn and quartered for your treason.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Mon 03 Sep 2012, 12:58 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I don't know how in that instance,
But Gerrard is a cheater.
Worst diver in the league. Nothing said about it because he's English

Doesnt work really that argument, Young got blasted towards the end of last season for earning two penalties in back to back games. Gerrard is untouchable though I agree with you on that.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

Never liked Arsenal, especially after the incident with Van Nistlerooy when he missed that penalty. For such a superb team at the time, they went massively down in my estimations and Arsene Wenger has just infuriated me more and more over the past few years.

Stoke:

Booing Ramsey, simply. Disgraceful and unfortunately it wasn't a minorit either. Never forget that, diabolical for a set of supporters to boo a man who almost had a career ending injury at that very ground.

West Ham:

Supporters just get on my nerves.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:08 pm

"Cause Garcia knew full well it didn't cross."

Ok, if you say so.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

Got nothing against Stoke, quite like them actually, although you couldn't pay me to watch them live.

Chelsea are the ones I can't get on with. So many vile characters in one team, Terry, Cole, Drogba

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:"Cause Garcia knew full well it didn't cross."

Ok, if you say so.

OK

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:51 pm

Liverpool - for so many reasons....

History - A decent stint in the late 70's, and a couple of flukes in the mid 00's does not make you a top four team, the fact your consistently 5,6,7 and below means you are not really a contender anymore.

Dalglish - Everything about him, his decisions, his tracksuit in an FA Cup final, his defence of Suarez, His face......definatly his face POW!

Gerrard - As previously discussed, innocent til the cows come home, when he is as big a cheater as anyone in the game, and has been a poor player for 5-7 years now!

Suarez - The fact he has breath in that rat-faced body upsets me!

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

Scott is Back wrote:Liverpool - for so many reasons....

History - A decent stint in the late 70's, and a couple of flukes in the mid 00's does not make you a top four team, the fact your consistently 5,6,7 and below means you are not really a contender anymore.

Dalglish - Everything about him, his decisions, his tracksuit in an FA Cup final, his defence of Suarez, His face......definatly his face POW!

Gerrard - As previously discussed, innocent til the cows come home, when he is as big a cheater as anyone in the game, and has been a poor player for 5-7 years now!

Oh my, this cannot be serious.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:00 pm

Expanding this a bit. Just who is the most unpopular team ever? Going back ages, Leeds in the 1960s under Don Revie were about as unpopular as you can get.
They had some of the all-time dirtiest players, including Norman bites-yer-legs Hunter, Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles. There was even a suspicion that they tried to bribe the ref in a match at Wolves in 1972 when a draw would have given them the Double (they lost 2-1).
Millwall were never much on people's Chrismas Card lists, either, mainly due to their fans. Their ground was closed due to fan disquiet....in 1937! The old Den used to be one of the most intimidating of grounds.
I used to hate Liverpool in the 1980s cos they seemed to win the League title every season. I used to rejoice in the early 1990s when it reached a stage when another year had gone by and they were not going to finish top.
I reckon some feel the same way about Man Untd now. Yet they went 26 years without winning the League at one point. Now Liverpool have gone at least 23 years without being top. So great cycles do end.
Don't know how many Man U-disliking fans who were happy to see Man City - a side that bought success in a way that perhaps no other team has done - winning the title this year, simply to break the long United domination. Would a City win have been popular if, for once, an outsider had been challenging for the title on the last day?

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:01 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:

100% - Read it without your Kappa Tracksuit and Gola Trainers on OK

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:06 pm

Scott is Back wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:

I get the fact you clearly don't like Liverpool, but please do not let your hatred for us cloud just how good we use to be or the fact that between 2004-2009 Steven Gerrard was one of the best midfielders in the league.

I don't like Man U, but I would never claim that their dominance for the past 20 years was a fluke. They are were the bar is set in terms of winning leagues.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Scott is Back Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
Scott is Back wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:

I get the fact you clearly don't like Liverpool, but please do not let your hatred for us cloud just how good we use to be or the fact that between 2004-2009 Steven Gerrard was one of the best midfielders in the league.

I don't like Man U, but I would never claim that their dominance for the past 20 years was a fluke. They are were the bar is set in terms of winning leagues.

As i stated, you had a decent stint in the 70's and 80's, deservedly so, i dont take that away from you, though i dont necessarily agree about Stevie G being one of the best Midfielders in the league, he has carried Liverpool a lot of the time, and he has put in some world class performances, but he has also gone missing, cheated and done little for England (This applies to a lot of Players including Man Utd)

Im talking more currently, the club is in the worst state its been for decades, and only appears to be getting worse. Players like Suarez, and people like Dalglish make the club a laughing stock.

I dont for a second discount your history, but thats all it is. Doesnt appear to be making a comeback, but i stand by my assessment of your 2005 etc wins, they were a fluke.

Scott is Back

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 03 Sep 2012, 2:18 pm

Can't stand Gerrard the pikey.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next