The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teams you love to hate

+32
The Womble
NedB-H
Imperial Ghosty
Kay Fabe
owen10ozzy
azania
Dave.
Mat
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Awesome Giz
The Special Juan
Reaper
Gordy
GSC
Duty281
Zinedine_Ze_Zebra
Scott is Back
Bathite
Liam
Gregers
GG
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
sirfredperry
ncfc_Tooze
two_tone
hampo17
nasisillmatic
super_realist
Beer
sodhat
Crimey
Lumbering_Jack
36 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Teams you love to hate - Page 3 Empty Teams you love to hate

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 02 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Other than your local rivals, which teams do you love to hate.

For me, it is Liverpool. Everything about the club at the moment is just a joke. Dalglish spending a small fortune on absolute gash as ruining the club for the coming seasons is a particular highlight. Brendan Rogers looking like he is sucking a lemon on the sidelines, Gerrard trying to replicate the form used to have, Suarez waving the imaginery card around and is now largely ignored by ref's, although he is still a cheating swine and gets freekicks he shouldnt.

So, which team do you love to hate.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Teams you love to hate - Page 3 Empty Re: Teams you love to hate

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:04 pm

What a player he was!!

'We've got a player he's called Ravanelli,
Scored a hat-trick on his debut against
Liverpool on the telly...

When he scores a goal he lifts his shirt & shows his belly

Ohhhhh Ravanelli!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

To be honest I think I could find a gripe with every premier league team, barring Chelsea of course.

Wigan for example, why can't they get relegated already... The small capacity peasants.

Swansea and this barca tag, couldn't be further from the truth they keep the ball in their own half because if they lose it they get their asses wipped. Barca generally keep the ball in the oppositions half.

I'll chuck Millwall into this equation aswell, after they held up my drive home from a food shop because of the massive police pressance after their match in Sheffield the other week. It got me thinking why would you think that going to matches for fights and such just makes you look like a fool, its not big or clever.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:09 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:To be honest I think I could find a gripe with every premier league team, barring Chelsea of course.

Wigan for example, why can't they get relegated already... The small capacity peasants.

Swansea and this barca tag, couldn't be further from the truth they keep the ball in their own half because if they lose it they get their asses wipped. Barca generally keep the ball in the oppositions half.

I'll chuck Millwall into this equation aswell, after they held up my drive home from a food shop because of the massive police pressance after their match in Sheffield the other week. It got me thinking why would you think that going to matches for fights and such just makes you look like a fool, its not big or clever.

Find a gripe with Norwich. I wanna see what it is lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:16 pm

Delia Smith. With her fancy food, what ever happened to good old fish and chips, or wacking some bacon under a grill?

My fridge broke this morning, so I've found out I need to buy a new one which has put me in a bad mood all day.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:22 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:Delia Smith. With her fancy food, what ever happened to good old fish and chips, or wacking some bacon under a grill?

My fridge broke this morning, so I've found out I need to buy a new one which has put me in a bad mood all day.

Where are you? WHERE ARE YOU? LETS BE HAVIN YOU! WE NEED A 12TH MAN! COME ON! God I love that woman
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:26 pm

Its her face that made me laugh when she did that speech, she had to have been drinking before she did that random war cry.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:28 pm

The Awesome Giz wrote:Its her face that made me laugh when she did that speech, she had to have been drinking before she did that random war cry.

She was very tipsy indeed. Loves a drink does our Delia
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:29 pm

I don't like Mustard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:31 pm

That's ok Demon, because I don't like Italian especially Udineseian loan players Teams you love to hate - Page 3 3559488474
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:34 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Crimey wrote:I hate the attitude of that there is a 'right' way to play football a lot more than how Stoke play football.

Of course there is no 'right' way of playing football. But lets not lose sight of the fact football is an entertainment business. If it is not entertaining then what is the point. Fans will not turn up and ultimately the money paid for watching such games will dry up.

Stoke are a small club but always seem to get over 20k at their games, their fans are turning up, Stoke like every other club in World Football only have a duty to entertain their own fans and it looks like they're doing that, whether you, Crimey or myself like it is ultimately irrelevent, they are where they are because they deserve to be, if their game is so dull boring and simplistic it should be easy enough to counter, it's not though, that tells it's own story.

For the record I'm not a fan of Stoke or the majority of their players, I'm not against their style though, I like direct football at times, love seeing a forward scoring a header or the big man little man combo working with flicks and run ons, I also love a through ball though too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:35 pm

One day there will be a Champions League group with Udinese, Watford and Grenada in it! But I still won't like mustard!

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

Damn you Demon! You will like Colman's!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Mon 03 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

Not even Dijon can cut it for me.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 03 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

The only team I hate is Barcelona, they do have a superior attitude as do the majority of their so called humble players, they kick, foul and dive through games but it all gets overlooked because they play the beautiful game. Quite frankly I find their style the most dire in world football, they lack any real thrill when they pass the ball between midfield and defence and yes they do keep it in their own half for large periods, boring the opposition into submission.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:05 pm

I half agree with Imperial. I think much like Arsenal did Barcelona went from playing beautiful football to boring & frustrating football.

You only need to look back too the 08-09/09-10 seasons to see just how incredible they were. The movement of the play was so fluid and the inter passing so quick they tore teams to shred.

I think the problem comes when teams began to figure them out...(as best you possibly can figure them out). Once teams really began to sit deep and stand off them more they began to struggle to look as good...although arguably they were still effective.

The movement has become much slower in terms of the pace of the game and they are kind of forced to pass until they find that gap.

At times, again much like Arsenal it is beautiful to watch but then their are moments when they make things much too difficult and they just frustrate the viewer.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:12 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
The movement has become much slower in terms of the pace of the game and they are kind of forced to pass until they find that gap.

To be fair alot of that has to do with the way the opposition set up. I am probably in the minority on these boards in that I adore the Barca brand of football.

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

Freek - I did allude to that in the sentence above Wink

I still enjoy watching them play to be fair and I do think they got a little more criticism than they deserved during much of the Champions League last year. What can you do when teams put 10 men behind the ball?

But I have to say in much the same way as Arsenal they have become very frustrating over the last 18 months. Due to the insistence of playing 'tick-a-tack' football the team seem to have lost all ability to sometimes just play the easy option....On more than one occasion I have found myself head in hands when their is a man out wide and the likes of Iniesta etc try to squeeze the ball through the smallest of gaps through the center.

I actually think is partly down to Villa being absent as well because when he is in the team he does add another dimension and he makes the team a little more direct (I don't mean long ball as much as the amount of passes in the build up reduce).

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

My apologies Owen. That particular line seemed to just stand out. It's been a long day. And I am going grey. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm

FreekShow wrote:My apologies Owen. That particular line seemed to just stand out. It's been a long day. And I am going grey. Crying or Very sad

It's ok Freek Hug

Just get some Just for Men hair stuff, and Liverpool play Norwich in a few weeks, so it ain't all bad kiss
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

I'll buy that Olly when the downstairs carpet follows suit.

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:52 am

I'd be interested how many of the Liverpool votes have always felt like that. I used to like them quite a bit under Benitez but they're now in my "love to see them lose" category. Mainly because of the godawful way they treated Hodgson, who I have a huge amount of time for, and more recently for Dalglish's mind-numbingly whingy interviews and the club's self-denial in the Evra affair. Give it a few years to let the Hodgson memory fade, and get rid of Suarez, and they might go up in my estimations again.

Other ones (and I know this is the Premier League board but oh well):

- Leeds. Just because. And the schadenfreude helps.

- Any team managed by Neil Warnock, the physical form of everything wrong with football. Leeds not helping themselves there! And then they go and sign El Hadji Diouf too....

- MK Dons, no lower-league fan is ever gonna forget

- Crawley, marginal improvement by parting company with the crook Evans (and there was something funny about that departure too). But still flashing their cash without having much humility to balance it with.

- Chelsea, the original and still the worst. I can sort of cope with Man City for just jumping on the bandwagon, but not the team who started it all.

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 04 Sep 2012, 11:52 am

MK Dons.

I don't think I really need to explain my reasons.....
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:20 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:MK Dons.

I don't think I really need to explain my reasons.....
At least they are paying off their debts..one team I really hate lately, mainly because of c0cky fans are Tottenham C0ckspurs. Two seasons of good league performances encapsulated by them thinking they are one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Rolling Eyes
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

A lot, I think, does depend on the players. Suarez is as big a cheat as I have ever seen grace a football pitch, which ever club he joins the reputation of the team is going to suffer.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:03 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:A lot, I think, does depend on the players. Suarez is as big a cheat as I have ever seen grace a football pitch, which ever club he joins the reputation of the team is going to suffer.

That's true Jack. Just look at Diouf
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:A lot, I think, does depend on the players. Suarez is as big a cheat as I have ever seen grace a football pitch, which ever club he joins the reputation of the team is going to suffer.

Really? He is no worse than Ronaldo, Drogba, Busquets etc. Think your hatred of LFC has clouded your judgement.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:07 pm

crazygangwomble wrote:

That's true Jack. Just look at Diouf

I know, Leeds now have Warnock and 'Sewer Rat' Diouf.

I'm surprised their own fans dont turn on them.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Really? He is no worse than Ronaldo, Drogba, Busquets etc. Think your hatred of LFC has clouded your judgement.

He is as big a cheat as them, I was only using him an example because he plays in England...

I actually refuse to watch Barca v Madrid, such is the level of cheating present in that game. Really is shameful.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:30 pm

hampo171 wrote:

Don't think I've ever seen any of those clear a ball of the line with the hands, refuse to leave pitchside and then celebrate the missed peno tho.

Suarez is very very talented but a disgusting player all the same. A vindictive disrespectful racist little s**t.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Suarez' actions during the world cup were despicable.
I had forgotten about that.
Makes me angry just thinking about it

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:52 pm

I don't hate Liverpool. We'd have never have got Hodgson if he hadn't been treated like **** so cheers for that!

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:54 pm

Mat wrote:I don't hate Liverpool. We'd have never have got Hodgson if he hadn't been treated like **** so cheers for that!

laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinedine_Ze_Zebra Tue 04 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm

Suarez' actions during the world cup were despicable.
Hve you seen the clip of him biting another player when he was Ajax??

Zinedine_Ze_Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:29 pm

Peter Schmeichel was the one being racist to Ian Wright, Fergie laughed it off...but because he's white not latino like Suarez, some of you racists like to stick a knife in..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:33 pm

Yeh, Latinos......always the victims..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:42 pm

I hate Liverpool but I don't love to hate them!
From their players - Carragher (whining, dirty cheat), Gerrard (punchable face, gets away with everything, always over hits passes and shots but gets the odd one in and he's awesome), Suarez (dirty, cheating, miserable, horrible little excuse of an ugly human being), Mascherano (dirty), Hyypia (punchable, nothing ever his fault)
Managers - Benitez (always talked tripe and down to everyone) and Dogleish (miserable, miserable, whining, miserable, whining, miserable, horrible man)
to their fans - thinking they have a god given right to be the top team when they haven't been for so many years.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:52 pm

The famous Kop End who spur the team on...

Or, in reality, the famous Kop End who abondon the seats on 80 mintues when things get tough.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 04 Sep 2012, 2:59 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:The famous Kop End who spur the team on...

Or, in reality, the famous Kop End who abondon the seats on 80 mintues when things get tough.

I am shocked this has gone unnoticed for so long.

Anfield is no longer a ground teams are scared to come to, the atmosphere for the last few years is getting worse & worse. I went last Thursday and on Sunday and it was an absolute embarrasment, no noise what so ever, apart from the away support.

The 12th man has been gone for a while.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

A lot of grounds are going the same way. A couple of my mates were season ticket holders at OT and the atmosphere has been getting progressively worse year on year. Only the half-decent still Stretford End stops it becoming the new Highbury Library!

Stoke is meant to have the best and most intimidating atmosphere these days....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:16 pm

Watford is tripe. They need to be about 3-0 up before a chant breaks out.

So that's about once a season

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

my step dad and his father went to the swans game on the weekend and said the atmosphere was superb. With a 20,000 seater you tend to get the noise all congregated and whenever i've seen the swans games on tv there's always a good atmosphere.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

We at Norwich are decent, not that great but we do like to have a chant or two. It depends on the game, if we are in a real tight battle the crowd usually gets rowdy.

We do usually have good away support too
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:24 pm

Olly wrote:We at Norwich are decent, not that great but we do like to have a chant or two. It depends on the game, if we are in a real tight battle the crowd usually gets rowdy.

Delia didn't agree........"C'mon! Let's be having you..!!" Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Olly wrote:We at Norwich are decent, not that great but we do like to have a chant or two. It depends on the game, if we are in a real tight battle the crowd usually gets rowdy.

Delia didn't agree........"C'mon! Let's be having you..!!" Laugh

Laugh

She probably is the most rowdy out of all of us lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 04 Sep 2012, 3:56 pm

Stoke are probably the best I have visited.

Newcastle used to have great home support but Ashley has somewhat spolied it by making the upper tier a family only section which means you get no back and forth banter between fans. Still probably one of the best in the league in spite of this

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Stoke fans are loud, but when I went there they didnt sing a lot at all. Man City sung a lot when we went there, as did Arsenal tbf.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 04 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

Anyone complaining about sugar daddy's and plastic team might want to look into how Liverpool were formed.

I 'hate' current rivals, though some of the ignorance in this thread is making me dislike football fans in general.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3