The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam

+27
WillyGilly
Rory_Gallagher
Mrs Penfro
perthshirepuma
rodders
littleswannygirl
Jenifer McLadyboy
Ozzy3213
Pete330v2
Gibson
Suspicious lurker
Thomond
prop_lyd
Cari
PenfroPete
Notch
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
eirebilly
ChequeredJersey
PJHolybloke
Pal Joey
Rava
red_stag
Hound_of_Harrow
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
31 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam Empty The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made its way to Amsterdam in honour of original publican Gibson who is finally back in gainful employment. One small step for man ...

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of former Corso Marauder Lawrence Dallaglio or young ice hockey prize winner (thanks to the v2ers) Chris Boyd.

guinness Hug Whisky Ale coffee Very Happy Yahoo RedWine Ale guinness coffee cuppa

Old pub https://www.606v2.com/t34157p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-sea-of-tranquility-luna#1518392

Spoiler:

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam Empty Re: The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Maaaaark!

Ale

Stag - we are two seasons away from challenging for serious honours.

The LV and Amlin.

Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam Empty Re: The Corso Marauders Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Amsterdam

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Stag,

Dan Evans scored two and made one. Cracking boot on him too. Tuilagi was good again (his run in looked more convincing on tv, as it looked like he struggled from the stand), our other centre Pat Leach was MOTM, Jon Evans (our young 9) would've been my vote for Seren Y Gem and obviously the two main guys were decent.

First 40 everybody played well. Good to see some ferocity back.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Dragons seriously know how to work Rodney Parade. You're right about the double header hurting them Rev.

Hound yes although you nearly got relegated last year so its a massive step. Top 6 should (could) be achieved this season.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:47 pm

Mark. Thanks Kiwi.
Gargle that throat with some of that Scottish cooking liquid Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Stag - I was impressed by a lot of what I saw on Sat. I could not believe what I was watching for the first 50 minutes after last season. But the frailties of last season came to the fore. We panicked and kicked possession away after the charge down try. DY's substitutions made no sense either.

No one will convince me that Haskell and Masi didn't have at least another 10 minutes in them (especially Haskell). With those two on I believe we would have closed out the game.

Lessons to be learned, but most Wasps fans were delighted with some of the stuff we played. There were some very measured comments on the Drunken Wasps website.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:10 pm

One for the English regulars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_aI2wGsxZU
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Woken up early by a parrot on my window sill early this morning. What a nerve!

Thank goodness we scraped home against Pakistan in the "Cool & Cool" ODI series. That young Glenn Maxwell shows no fear. Ridiculously hot there in Sharjah. 45 degrees C at 'kick off'.

Kiwi, doing the ITM picks now. Hope the throat and cough settles down mate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:21 am

It's official, my "home town" has a golden postbox courtesy of Eleanor Simmonds. It's not so much of a town as "an area" (Aldridge) in the Metropolitan Borough of Walsall; but whichever ways you call it, I'm going to have my photo taken next to it in the High Street tomorrow morning.

Before the Pikeys get wind of it and weigh it in... OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:15 am

Just seen Wheelchair basketball live. Great atmosphere, interesting and fairly brutal sport at times. Supported SA and USA. Latter won against Spain, former lost to Turkey. The US Spain game was a thriller
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:35 am

Aaahh a pub close to home but is that a good thing? I am always awake early so will probably have a full time job filling Gibbo with coffee and getting him off to work on time Very Happy

Morning all Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:50 am

PJHolybloke wrote:It's official, my "home town" has a golden postbox courtesy of Eleanor Simmonds.

I thought she was Welsh? Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:03 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:It's official, my "home town" has a golden postbox courtesy of Eleanor Simmonds.

She trains in Swansea, her parents downsized their home in Walsall and bought a 2nd home close to good coaching. So she lives Monday-Friday in Wales for school and training and goes home on the weekend
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 am

So it's a typical case of the Welsh trying to claim someone else's glory then. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:35 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So it's a typical case of the Welsh trying to claim someone else's glory then. Wink

The Welsh and everyone else mate Wink

Good morning everyone. Lovely sunny day in Belfast. Cool I'll have a coffee and two parrotseatemall for my stiff neck.
Shouldn't have chewed the little blue pill Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:36 am

Poor girl, she gets to leave Walsall to spend time in Swansea!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:17 am

Morning all mug & eggegg

Gib, delighted to hear that your first day back went smoothly OK

Additional tickets booked for Exeter Chiefs vs ASM Clermont - our first home Heino game - v excited. Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:31 am

Good Morning all. coffee cake

For Dreamer:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-04/new-penguin-chicks-in-sydney-harbour/4242532

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:13 am

Gatland has been appointed Head Coach of the Lions. Gotta say... I didn't see that coming Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:15 am

Are you happy with that Notch and other Regs?

Seems like the logical appointment to me and I wish him (relative) success but not too much obviously! Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:16 am

Anyone else see Graham Rowentree, Rob Howley and Shaun Edwards being the rest of the team.

Regular nostradamus I am!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:18 am

red_stag wrote:Anyone else see Graham Rowentree, Rob Howley and Shaun Edwards being the rest of the team.

I won't be happy with the Howley decision tbh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:21 am

I dont think anyone will be. He's useless and the weak link in the Welsh team.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

I think it's bad enough that Howley's on the national coaching team despite having no previous coaching experience, but for him to be appointed backs coach for the 2013 Lions just because he's 'in' with Gatland would actually be a disgrace. We (or Andy Irvine or whoever) should be picking the best available, be it coaches or players, and it would be hard to argue that Howley is the best available.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:30 am

Here here!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:43 am

Lions Back Coach = Joe Schmidt OK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:44 am

He is probably the best choice Penfro.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:49 am

No arguments from me there, Penfro. I would kill for Wales to have the kind of threat that Leinster have behind the scrum. The power game is all well and good, but I haven't seen much evidence that Howley has anything more than that to offer. Apart from telling his players to kick the ball away. Oh, and singling out players for public post-match criticism, that's always good to have.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil) wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

She trains in Swansea, her parents downsized their home in Walsall and bought a 2nd home close to good coaching. So she lives Monday-Friday in Wales for school and training and goes home on the weekend

Check out Pete, the font of all sporting knowledge!

They "downsized" from an 8 bed.3 storey Georgian mansion house to a modern 6 bed 3 bathroom house on a small development down the road. Hardly slumming it.

She's retiring after the Olympics so I guess we'll be seeing a lot more of her soon enough... or maybe not. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:02 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Good Morning all. coffee cake

For Dreamer:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-04/new-penguin-chicks-in-sydney-harbour/4242532

Very Happy Hug

Ellie Simmonds is also getting a post box painted Gold in Swansea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:37 pm

red_stag wrote:Anyone else see Graham Rowentree, Rob Howley and Shaun Edwards being the rest of the team.

Oi. No stealing my moniker Stag.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:22 pm

I think Gatland is a terrible appointment, I really do.

That job had Connor O Shea written all over it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:32 pm

Glas a du wrote:I think Gatland is a terrible appointment, I really do.

That job had Connor O Shea written all over it.

Connor is off-limits
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:26 pm

Evening mug

I thought Gatland's appointment was a given TBH. Just waiting for the PR people to make it all "official".

Got my ticket for Saturday, and I've a cracking seat. I mean it's a good spot, not that the seat needs replacing....

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:51 pm

Good afternoon/evening all!!! Had an amazing time in America and got back into the u.k at 10am this morning....off to rugby training in a bit which could be interesting!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Welcome home Prop Smile Glad you didn't get blown away...did you manage to avoid the rotten weather? Aren't you jet lagged too?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 pm

A bit jet lagged..........I was in naples so got the side of hurricane issac which was intersting
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:05 pm

Hmmm by "interesting" do you mean very scary? Wink Glad you're all right anyway and enjoyed your hols.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:06 pm

Nah just very wet to be honest!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Cari wrote:Evening mug

I thought Gatland's appointment was a given TBH. Just waiting for the PR people to make it all "official".

Got my ticket for Saturday, and I've a cracking seat. I mean it's a good spot, not that the seat needs replacing....

You're right. Still the wrong man.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:39 pm

It's a lovely part of the world isn't it Prop? So many different things to enjoy down there from the Theme Parks to the everglades to shooting ranges (they are fun as hell) and well there's probably a sport which will tickle your fancy, they plugged the rugby team often in an area I was in strangely.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Evening all, welcome back Prop, glad that you had a good time OK

A little something on the jukebox to kick off this evening's musical treat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Nice to hear you're back safe and sound Prop. I'll keep you a cold cider for after training, re-hydration is very important.

I'm feeling Kinky Asbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMES9OcSIc
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:17 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:Nice to hear you're back safe and sound Prop. I'll keep you a cold cider for after training, re-hydration is very important.

I'm feeling Kinky, Asbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXMES9OcSIc

devil

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Ah the 90's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syBtO1r6mZM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 pm

You must have good recovery skills prop, or didn't really alter your body clock from all your nights out, as it took me a few days to recover from Calgary.

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Jessie

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:29 pm

At least he's a BIG Jessie.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

drumroll

Laugh

Evening pub.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Rev: I just have no brain cells!!

PJ: I've got my cider now, they don't seem to have it over there!!

T: Yeah an amazing area....photos should be up by tomorrow.

ASBO: Cheers fella, great start for Exeter with Budgie getting a try too!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next