The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doctor LJ

5 posters

Go down

Doctor LJ  Empty Doctor LJ

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 1:56 pm

Hello to you all my misguided and slightly crazy patients.

You will be glad to hear that since moving from the previous site of business my license to practice mindmessery has been re-instated and I am back up and running in my new office.

I have also been spending my time studying more of the diseases of the mind (and lower body areas) and have a fuller understanding of why your golfing is not as it should be. I also have resolved my own personal lovechild issues and am in the process of reconciliation with daddy. This is causing much more appropriate diagnosis.

So please. Sit comfortably. Or lie on my couch and confess all your sins... Sorry. That's reverend LJ my cousin... I mean tell me your problems.

LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Doctor LJ  Empty Re: Doctor LJ

Post by McLaren Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:08 pm

Honestly I increasingly struggle to work out what you are talking about. Guesses anyone?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:10 pm

Dr LJ - help me please ... I feel like a pair of curtains...

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:18 pm

Davie wrote:Dr LJ - help me please ... I feel like a pair of curtains...

As opposed to what exactly?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:18 pm

McLaren wrote:Honestly I increasingly struggle to work out what you are talking about. Guesses anyone?

Is that not the fault of the reader rather than the writer?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:45 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:
Davie wrote:Dr LJ - help me please ... I feel like a pair of curtains...

As opposed to what exactly?

surely the punchline to that problem is:

pull yourself together man.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 2:47 pm

punchline?

No. This is more about understanding what is clearly a deep-rooted pyschological need which manifests itself in the need to dress up in flowerly fabrics and stand in front of windows.

I'd like to know what is bringing on this rare and somewhat disturbing transvestitism. Or this case of the Izzards as it is known in the profession.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:05 pm

:606laugh:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:20 pm

Where are the Mods?

What does this have to do with golf and why is it on a golf forum. This sort of thing hardly sets the correct tone for the forum.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:25 pm

Sorry Mac,

Should Dr LJ have asked what design elements Doak should use in his mext mind bending design? Maybe there is a method to LJ's madness, do you not think he could be aiming to be our resident mind guru such as Rotella or Jos whatever?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:27 pm

The creators of the site provided a section for this sort of Poopie.

https://www.606v2.com/f15-off-topic

maybe Lj could check it out.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:28 pm

Was Jos Vantispoot the nutter who told Jesper to eat volcanic dust or something like that?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:44 pm

McLaren wrote:Where are the Mods?

What does this have to do with golf and why is it on a golf forum. This sort of thing hardly sets the correct tone for the forum.

I'm here.

Currently the admins of the forum haven't come up with a solid list of rules for the sort of thing they want us to act on. For the moment, all we are empowered to do is to remove any threads or posts that are blatently offensive, illegal or seriously libelous.

I stated at the start when I was asked to moderate that I wasn't going to moderate on any issues of personal conflict or disagreement. Anyone who wants to take that route must take it up with a higher authority.

Personally, while I agree there is a separarte forum for off-topicness, I see no reason for an occasion light hearted thread here under the golf banner, but that is just my own personal opinion. I don't care if you and LJ seem to have some sort of problem with each other - all I'd suggest is that you stay away from each other. I notice you made no such complaint about the other "anything goes" topic started under golf.

I must add that I think it rather odd that you are complaining already about "lack of moderation" when all we used to hear on the old site was that the BBC moderation was too strict

You might be interested to know of a feature on these boards called "foes". From your profile pages, you can select friends or foes. Friends merely makes it easier for you to PM or message people on your list rather than having to search for their name. Foes mean that posts and threads by anyone on your foes list are not shown to you. Actually I think they are a BAD idea as having too m any "foes" means reading a particular thread can be very disjointed, but the option is there for yo if you wish to use it.

Now back to Dr LJ ..

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:47 pm

No problems here Davie. I think it's all in good humour to be honest. And should this be inappropriate so be it.

It was actually meant in a golfing mindmessing sort of way... but ho-hum. I'm going back to the bunny. At least it cares about me!

:albino:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:50 pm

just to let everyone know - it was me that moved it. No probs with the content but it most probably does better belong in here on the Naughty Nags head perhaps.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:53 pm

I have no issue with LJ but this was way off topic unlike the other thread which was anything about golf. LJ if left unchecked may mistake these pages as some sort of mouthpiece for his ramblings. It is not a site for his blog. As I said though there is no issue between LJ and I, obviously just a difference in opinion over what these boards are for.

As for modding I am in no doubt that we will still need a strong presence in order to produce good quality golf debates.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:54 pm

Hobo - I should take some responsibility here. I believe LJ actually intended this thread to be about "mind problems" that golfers face (sports psychology type things). It was my own well intentioned, but flippant post that sort of took it off topic for a while. If LJ wants the original intent of the post to remain, I'd suggest it gets moved back to golf and I'll remove my own frivolous posts

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:56 pm

McLaren wrote:I have no issue with LJ but this was way off topic unlike the other thread which was anything about golf. LJ if left unchecked may mistake these pages as some sort of mouthpiece for his ramblings. It is not a site for his blog. As I said though there is no issue between LJ and I, obviously just a difference in opinion over what these boards are for.

As for modding I am in no doubt that we will still need a strong presence in order to produce good quality golf debates.

Such as conversations about Doak?

And Davie... no worries. It's hardly an problem is it. In actual fact part of the problem with the bbc was the removal of the entertaining posts that we all made from time to time.

Leave it. It's only going to be a pain in the ass otherwise.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 3:58 pm

Davie wrote:Hobo - I should take some responsibility here. I believe LJ actually intended this thread to be about "mind problems" that golfers face (sports psychology type things). It was my own well intentioned, but flippant post that sort of took it off topic for a while. If LJ wants the original intent of the post to remain, I'd suggest it gets moved back to golf and I'll remove my own frivolous posts

You should have the powers to do it now anyway. Your call, but I personally dont think that there is any harm in having a 19th Hole, so to speak in the Naughty Nags Head section thumbsup

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:06 pm

Perhaps I'll leave this one here for now then as it seems to have strayed off the original intention (for whatever reason).

I like the idea of a 19th hole in the generic off topic section though I'm not sure how many of the golf posters here are venturing outside of the golf area yet.

Perhaps our own "19th hole" withing the golf section if the golf members are reluctant to venture outside of the golf sub-forum.

LJ - sorry to have hijacked your thread. Start a new doctor's surgery under golf if you want to have a true golfing clinic, and we'll put this one down to experience

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:10 pm

It would be amusing to have moderated yourself though. :lol!:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:22 pm

Moderation is not a word usually applied to me Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:25 pm

Davie wrote:Moderation is not a word usually applied to me Wink

Thats why blokes get married. So that they have a moderator in attendance when things start to look like going downhill.

To support my case I offer you one :albino:
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:33 pm

you may have a bunny but can he dance?

:dancingbunny:

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Mon 31 Jan 2011, 4:35 pm

No... but he's a violent and dangerous little thing. If you step on him when he's sitting quietly beside the bed he breaks your toes and tears your ligaments.

I highly recommend avoiding the bunny I apparently used to injure myself.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down