The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kubica to return to motorsport

5 posters

Go down

Kubica to return to motorsport  Empty Kubica to return to motorsport

Post by liverbnz Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:32 am

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/8058959/-Kubica-to-contest-an-Italian-rally-

Robert Kubica will reportedly contest this weekend's Ronde Gomitolo di Lana Rally in Italy.

The Polish driver has been away from competition since suffering life-threatening injuries in a rally accident in February last year.

And although there have been several reports since of the 27-year-old's pending return to motorsport, it appears it may finally be taking place this weekend.

According to Autosport, Kubica is down to contest this weekend's Ronde Gomitolo di Lana Rally in Italy behind the wheel of a Subaru Impreza WRC.

However, there are some doubts about whether his car will be ready in time but, should it not be, he will instead take part in the follow weekend's Rally San Martino di Castorzza.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Kubica to return to motorsport  Empty Re: Kubica to return to motorsport

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:35 am

I was thinking about Kubica the other day and wondered about his progress over the summer F1 break. Certainly very good news that he's returning to motorsport, surprised he's going back to compete in a rally but hopefully this is a big step in his road to full recovery. F1 needs Robert.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

Kubica to replace Webber 2014........My personal wish (no actual rumour etc)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 08 Sep 2012, 4:10 pm

Kubica looked set to become a contender before his injury, hopefully he can return
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 09 Sep 2012, 6:07 pm

Robert Kubica took victory on his return to competition in an Italian domestic rally on Sunday.

The event was the first motorsport contest the Pole had entered since sustaining horrific injuries in a rally accident in Italy in February 2011.

Driving a Subaru Impreza World Rally Car with Giuliano Manfredi, Kubica won all four stages of the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana rally to claim victory by nearly a minute over Omar Bergo's WRC Mini.

Before the start of the rally, Kubica told Italian television channel SkySport24 that the event marked the start of "a more active phase" in a recovery that he still hopes will bring him back to Formula 1 eventually.

"Let's hope we can enjoy ourselves, without looking at stage times because in the end it's a matter of re-establishing the way of driving and helping the arm to recover better," said Kubica.

"Having been a driver for 20 years, my body is accustomed to certain things, and I can feel these things only while I drive, so we'll see."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 6:06 am

Just seen this on SkySports this morning that he won the rally event and was highly surprised and pleased for him. Obviously not sure of the opposition involved in the event but it's a positive sign that he hasn't lost that natural speed.

On a negative note though, when he was celebrating outside the car you could just seen how badly affected his right arm is. 'Physically limited' was a term used by the media to describe it and just shows how far Kubica still has to come if he realistically wants to return to F1. Hopefully with more driving and constant use of his arm will see it improve but a return to F1 before 2014 is out the question.

Tony Jardine on SkySports said after looking at the video that he would be very surprised if Kubica returned to F1 and stated that Robert would probably end up in a professional career in either Supercars or Rallying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 10 Sep 2012, 7:19 am

I can see Kubica come back to motorsport in some form or another. Whether he'll be back in F1, im not sure.. he certainly wont be back in F1 in the next season or 2.. if at all.

Maybe he'll build up to F1 by doing other series.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Tue 11 Sep 2012, 9:53 am

GSC wrote:Kubica looked set to become a contender before his injury, hopefully he can return
I would loved to have seen him in this years Lotus.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

A Robert Kubica (pre-injury) & Kimi partnership at Lotus would of not only been a mouthwatering inter-team duel but they also would of created a big headache at McLaren, Ferrari & Red Bull during race weekends. Their the kind of drivers you want in F1, they get in the car and just drive the wheels off it, showcasing their natural ability and frightening speed.

Unfortunately we may never see that partnership in F1. Kimi is showing his talent though and to be third in the WDC is a sensational performance after a couple of years out the sport. Can't see Kubica back in F1 but if he does, it will probably be nearer 2015 than 2014.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Sep 2012, 6:13 am

Robert Kubica emerged unscathed this weekend when he left the road and crashed into the trees during the San Martino di Castrozza Rally.

The Pole, who has been out of action since suffering severe injuries in a rally crash last February, made a successful return to motorsport earlier this month winning the Ronde Gomitolo di Lana Rally in Italy.

However, Kubica's second outing in his Subaru Impreza WRC did not go according to plan.

Contesting the San Martino di Castrozza Rally on Saturday, the 27-year-old lost control of the car and ran off the road, crashing into the trees.

Both Kubica and his navigator Jakub Gerber escaped injury but were not able to continue as the car was badly damaged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 6:40 am

I think someone is trying to tell Kubica something.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 17 Sep 2012, 7:29 am

I doubt it CM if a driver retired from rallying every time they hit a tree there would be no WRC anymore at all Doh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon 17 Sep 2012, 8:11 am

haha i was joking, saying someone "on a higher level" was trying to tell him something.

To be fair not every rally driver is being through what he has.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down