The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hillsborough Tragedy

+4
John Cregan
Beer
daraghj82
azania
8 posters

Go down

Hillsborough Tragedy Empty Hillsborough Tragedy

Post by azania Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 9:08

Not that we know the authorities lied and covered up (again). What now? Can the sun be sued for libel or something and can Kelvin McKenzie be jailed for what he published and stood by for 23 years?

Someone has to be punished as I have read over 40 lives could have been saved.

Justice for the 96 should not end here. Those who denied treatment and denied access for treatment to be given should be made to pay.

Why on earth did they do that?

If this has been posted elsewhere apologies and please merge/delete.

azania

Back to top Go down

Hillsborough Tragedy Empty Re: Hillsborough Tragedy

Post by daraghj82 Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:32

well a start has been made, yesterday the victims families finally got the truth after 23 years , justice starts tomorrow as said by John Hicks, who lost his 2 daughters in the tradgedy.

daraghj82

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:41

daraghj82 wrote:

well a start has been made, yesterday the victims families finally got the truth after 23 years , justice starts tomorrow as said by John Hicks, who lost his 2 daughters in the tradgedy.

You mean Trevor Hicks.

It shouldn't be as difficult as people seem to think. Every officer who signed a falsified statement will be on record. That's a guaranteed charge of perverting the course of justice, around 116 cases.

The higher ranking officials on the day who ordered the ambulances and police officers to stay out of the ground could be charged with Gross Negligent Manslaughter on the basis that their actions caused the death of at least 50 people, if not more.

The people who lied to cover it up can be charged with Perjury (i believe) which carries a prison sentence. You could argue there is even a case for Corporate Manslaughter.

Compensation wise, 14 officers who were present on that day received £1.2m in compensation. I don't envy the task of whoever has to work out what a fair figure is for someone who has had to live with this for 23 years.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 22:53

The families never recieved justice and someone HAS to pay(it will probably be the Govt)............Many of the fans who died and many of the fans who were there on the day and were tarnished with the "drunk football fans.....own fault" brush need justice............................

The Liverpool "fans" who disgraced their city and country at the Hysel stadium disaster were used as the template for what a "football fan" was at the time...........as such the innocent victims of Hillsborough were used and wronged..........

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:07

On what basis where the police given compensation?

Agree thoughm those who have lied and falsified statements should be punished.

I imagine it will be a lot harder to convict negligent officers.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:10

Lumbering_Jack wrote:On what basis where the police given compensation?

Agree thoughm those who have lied and falsified statements should be punished.

I imagine it will be a lot harder to convict negligent officers.

They were given compensation for the trauma of having to watch people die. This seems to ignore the fact that if they had helped those people they wouldn't have had to watch them die.

It's shame that the actions of bigoted individuals ruin the reputation of the police force, events like Hillsborough and racist events show that bigoted views plays too big of a role in justice in this country, although I imagine it's getting much better.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 23:15

The FA, Sheffield Council and Sheffield Wednesday are also culpable. The FA have just issued their 2nd statement following the first being without an apology. Quite frankly apologies from the like of that paper and the FA are too little too late.

Hillsborough was not fit to host a sporting event, let alone a FA Cup semi-final. It had its safety certificate taken away 10 years previous and the ground had several near misses in the years preceeding the tradegy. It was always going to happen at some stage. Yet the FA ignored this and booked the semi to take place at Hillsborough regardless. Graham Kelly, the then FA chief exec, was on the radio bemoaning his FA Cup Final being runied all the while people were being crushed to death and then refused attention from the medical services and police.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 1:44

I sat there mouth wide open listening to the news reports. How can people even think of doing such things. To allow people to die and then pass the blame onto the victim is simply vile. I can imagine some middle rank officers doing some sort of time for it, but the main culprits getting their knighthood revoked only.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 4:44

Thatcher must be held accountable for this

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 4:59

the-gaffer wrote:Thatcher must be held accountable for this

I don't think they'll be allowed to take any action against a woman with Parkinsons.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 5:13

I wouldn't expect her to be put on trial however she should be held accountable for what went on in the aftermath, before or after her death

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 14 Sep 2012 - 5:24

There's no evidence (available?) that the government was complicit in the cover-up - except for this Irvine Patnick guy. Although the way she deployed the police during the miner's strike might explain a little why they thought they could do as they pleased.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down