The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool

+33
geoff998rugby
Artful_Dodger
Mrs Penfro
UlstermaninGlasgow
HammerofThunor
ChequeredJersey
Rory_Gallagher
Ozzy3213
WillyGilly
MrsP
Cari
Don Alfonso
Pal Joey
Biltong
Suspicious lurker
littleswannygirl
Gibson
perthshirepuma
PenfroPete
Thomond
Hound_of_Harrow
MBTGOG
Notch
Mickado
Rava
Glas a du
Luckless Pedestrian
PJHolybloke
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
rodders
prop_lyd
red_stag
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
37 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool Empty The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:04 pm

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The Pub has made its way to Liverpool in honour of the victims of the Hillsborough disaster, who may finally receive justice.

We are also mourning the sudden loss of Nevin Spence, his father Noel and brother Graeme, who died tragically at their farm in Hillsborough, Co. Down yesterday.

We offer our thoughts and deepest sympathies to his sisters Emma (who remains in a stable condition in hospital), Laura, their mother Essie, family and all friends and fans of the Ulster Rugby community. rose

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of Andy Murray, Craig Newby and Delme Thomas.

guinness Hug Whisky Ale coffee Very Happy Yahoo RedWine Ale guinness coffee cuppa

Previous Pub https://www.606v2.com/t34463-the-corso-marauders-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-amsterdam

Last edited by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool Empty Re: The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

Penfro offered up an alternate suggestion for venue via PM
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool Empty Re: The Hillsborough Memorial Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Liverpool

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

A quick question. What is the difference between this thread and the cigar thread thing that opened up.

I thought thats what this thread was for - talking about all kinds of everything?
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:16 pm

Any chance we could have Craig Newby there too, just had to retire.

And with regards to the lounge I'm quite happy staying in the pub cider
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:26 pm

red_stag wrote:A quick question. What is the difference between this thread and the cigar thread thing that opened up.

I thought thats what this thread was for - talking about all kinds of everything?

Well the first difference is that its easier to get served in there.... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:27 pm

PJ - just read your post from t'other pub guinness Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:46 pm

red_stag wrote:A quick question. What is the difference between this thread and the cigar thread thing that opened up.

Think in here might be too cliquey/hibernocentric for some - can't please everyone Rolling Eyes

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:50 pm

This place seems a bit dead now that other one's opened though!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Sep 2012, 2:53 pm

prop_lyd wrote:This place seems a bit dead now that other one's opened though!!

Between the last pub and this the post rate is more that double the other one.

The other one is a trial - basically someone requested a spot where rugby people could discuss non-rugby stuff, as he felt people in here new each other too well, and tended to discuss their day-to-day lives.

Personally I think we have a perfectly good "general discussion" section, but we'll see how things go.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:00 pm

Ok fair enough, guess this could be a bit slower seeing as h.c hasn't kicked off yet so everyone's being nice to everyone. Can't remember the last time I insulted MrsP Wink
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:02 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:PJ - just read your post from t'other pub guinness Hug

OK

guinness
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

prop_lyd wrote:Ok fair enough, guess this could be a bit slower seeing as h.c hasn't kicked off yet so everyone's being nice to everyone. Can't remember the last time I insulted MrsP Wink
I wouldn't feel obliged to wait for her to turn up to get one in, prop - fill yer boots Run

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Now that would just be cheeky.....I mean come on do I strike you as the cheeky sort??!! angel
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:28 pm

No, that's the Dana theme pub down the road.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:29 pm

It'd be borderline mental/suicidal prop. Do not do it man.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:33 pm

A local pub for local people.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:41 pm

For those interested in tipping comps, I've opened pools for the HEC and Amlin on SuperBru (I've sent out a few invites as well, but got bored ticking boxes)

Heineken European Cup
http://www.superbru.com/heinekencup/pool.asp?p=11023928
Pool name: v2Rugby
Pool code: tykedewy

Amlin Challenge Cup
http://www.superbru.com/amlinchallengecup/pool.asp?p=11023925
Pool name: v2Rugby
Pool code: ellsweld
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 13 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Mark. A fabulous choice for the venue as well.

guinness for Penfro.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:02 pm

I'm in Pete.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:29 pm

Hi all. Just printed and bound my Masters thesis. Feels good.

Just one more recording to do for one piece, sync the audio and video, and I am done...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:34 pm

Notch wrote:Hi all. Just printed and bound my Masters thesis. Feels good.

Just one more recording to do for one piece, sync the audio and video, and I am done...
clap One helluve an achievement, Notch - congrats

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:40 pm

Well done Notch. A fantastic achievement I know you've worked hard at it.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:48 pm

Hah, tell me about it Munsty! Wink

Tuesday was the absolute worst. It was a 14 hour working day getting everything ready for Wednesday. Wednesday was the concert I arranged; my music, and a few friends had pieces too. Got a decent crowd, around 20 people, and both my parents were there. Was a very special evening for me.

May be no job or anything necessarily waiting for me now, but this is the most rewarding thing I have done in my life.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:52 pm

Good man Notch guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 4:55 pm

Notch wrote:May be no job or anything necessarily waiting for me now, but this is the most rewarding thing I have done in my life.

What a thing to be able to say. You hear people appreciate thing looking back but it must mean a lot to you to be able to say so at the time.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

Thanks everyone.

Yeah... dunno what to say. It's been great. It's sad as well. I've done this together with an amazing group of close friends who were strangers a year ago and the next week or so will be very emotional.

Stag, I'm looking forward to seeing you tomorrow night though! Back at Ravenhill- understand you and Ian are going to the Ravens as well? Ulster have named Tuohy and Henry in that team. Should be a good game. As it turns out, I can't go to that but I'll be at Ravenhill from around 6 or whenever is convenient.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:07 pm

I know a guy doing a masters in Fine Art down in London and I think in the arts, you have this one big show or concert and that is so much more draining than maybe doing a dissertation. He certainly has been quite knocked down at times about it.

Have you any plans for next few months?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:12 pm

Congrats Notch cider

Ah PJ it's not that suicidal...I haven't met her yet........
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:13 pm

Hard to say right now Munsty.

I'm going to start applying for jobs, but I need some time out for myself as much as that is feasible. I want to go and spend some time with my brother in California in the near future and maybe stopover somewhere else in the USA? Depends on how much money I can get together if I find a job or two. After a sufficient amount of time has passed for me to recharge my creative batteries I'll start looking for opportunities to play some of the smaller arts festivals or experimental music events around the UK and Ireland.

And obviously I need to decide if I'm going to apply for funding for a Composition PhD starting in 2013. But as the ink is hardly dry on my Masters... lets just wait and see about that, yeah?

Last edited by Notch on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

My plans for the next five days are much simpler and revolve around friends, pubs, Ravenhill of course and sadly... goodbyes.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:20 pm

Notch wrote:Hi all. Just printed and bound my Masters thesis. Feels good.

Well done notch! Hug OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Sep 2012, 5:53 pm

Notch wrote:Hah, tell me about it Munsty! Wink

Tuesday was the absolute worst. It was a 14 hour working day getting everything ready for Wednesday. Wednesday was the concert I arranged; my music, and a few friends had pieces too. Got a decent crowd, around 20 people, and both my parents were there. Was a very special evening for me.

May be no job or anything necessarily waiting for me now, but this is the most rewarding thing I have done in my life.

Good stuff Notch thumbsup

You deserve a wee break by the sound of things; even if it is five days.

PS - I'm surprised that no one has suggested that pics of Mark McCafferty and Marc Watson are adorning the dartboard.
Whistle

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:13 pm

What you think regs. Should I risk it.

I have a train booked for 11:00 to take me from Dublin to Belfast.

If I leave Limerick at 07:45 I should be there by 10:35 with a 10 minute walk to the train station.

Or should I take safe option and leave Limerick on the 06:30 one instead?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:17 pm

Always allow for delays stag. I'm not sure what the 'traffic' is like on the line, but a slow moving freight train ahead of you could botch things.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:20 pm

Thats what my gut instinct tells me but an extra hour of sleep is worth so much.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:21 pm

7:45 thumbsup
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:23 pm

I've come a cropper of missing trains far too many times for my liking, go the 6:30 one Stag.

match preview up for the O's game tomorrow, just click on the world icon thingy under my name and details for a look Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:24 pm

If it influences things at all the 6:30 and 7:45 are both buses. The train is from Dublin to Belfast but I have to get the Limerick to Dublin bus first.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:24 pm

deffo 6:30 then. Buses always mess things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:28 pm

Go 7:45. Who cares if you miss the Ravens match.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

What time is the ravens game? sure it'll only take 2 hrs or so to get from Dublin to Belfast? 11 seems a bit early to me.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:02 pm

Get the early train and have a kip. When I've had to get the 7:30 from Psddington to Exeter that means getting up at 5:30 Shocked

I'm normally asleep on that train before it's gone through Southall (about 10 mins).

It must be like having a devil and angel on either shoulder over this decision.
Wink

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:11 pm

Stag, compromise, sleep on the train. You're travelling from Limerick so most of the bad people won't be on it Wink

In other scumbag related news, where I lived as a kid there has been a pretty big drug discovery. The same drugs killed 2 people last week. So that's a bit annoying.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:15 pm

rodders wrote:What time is the ravens game? sure it'll only take 2 hrs or so to get from Dublin to Belfast? 11 seems a bit early to me.

Yes but the 11am train only cost me €9.99. I can get from Limerick-Dublin-Belfast and back again for just over €39.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:18 pm

Ah an astute move then. I would get the 6.30 then, best have a bit of a buffer if things don't go to plan.

Time for a guinness in Dublin too Smile
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:35 pm

Have to say Im looking forward to it. Last time I was in Belfast we beat Ulster, Rory McIlroy bought me a pint and I got lovely posh crisps.

Im expecting the same this time.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:36 pm

rodders wrote:Ah an astute move then. I would get the 6.30 then, best have a bit of a buffer if things don't go to plan.

Time for a guinness in Dublin too Smile

Or a fry up. Way too early to eat at 6'ish.

But hang on a minute. Those fares are crazy cheap. A similar journey here would probably set you back about £100 minimum; even if bought way in advance.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:38 pm

Mark Lawrenson cider
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:48 pm

Howya Penfro OK

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 13 Sep 2012, 7:52 pm

Getting somewhere an hour and a half early and saying "sure at least I'm not five minutes late..."

7:45 Very Happy
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next