The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April

3 posters

Go down

Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April Empty Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April

Post by racingnut Sun 17 Apr 2011, 1:33 pm

Well children it has to be said,todays fare isnt worthy of a daily thread,if theres been a poorer Sundays racing than this well i havent seen it.The only plus is the nice weather,the quality of events is awful.Wetherby is readily passed over as having absolutely no betting opportunities whatsoever,the course exec put the lowest grade stuff the can muster on this day, im sure, because they know people will go because its family fun day.Stratford isnt much better to be honest but two to watch in my opinion are Battlecry in the hunter chase,he will adore this better ground and less demanding track and Ursus in the handicap hurdle,ridden to get placed over the stamina demands of Hexham last time i think that more positive tactics can see him go fairly close in what is a competitve little heat.Not a day to get involved in too much but if i was playing it would be;
Battlecry small win
Ursus small ew

be good be careful thumbsup

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April Empty Re: Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April

Post by racingnut Sun 17 Apr 2011, 6:46 pm

I didnt play and it was a good job,Battlecry fell on the flat and Ursus thought it was a three legged race! A worse round of hurdling you will go a long way to see. Doh

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April Empty Re: Daily racing thread Sunday 17 April

Post by racingnut Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:09 pm

The racing from tother side of the Irish Sea was much better stuff today,Fame and Glory reappeared in the Vintage Crop at Navan,a race that was used as Yeats seasonal debut on more than one occasion.Ridden by Jamie Spencer and sporting new colours due to the change of owner,he was as is Spencers want,dropped out,he closed up on the entry to the straight and came back on the bridle.Asked for his effort just outside the one he collared the leader with 150yds to go but was then being closed down rapidly by Nebula Storm.He held on by a diminishing half length.Didnt know what to make of it really,thought he was too far back at every stage but i still expected him to brush this lot aside even allowing for first run back,Aidan O Brien was non commital as to plans but he wil have to up his game by a long chalk if hes going to challenge in the big 12f+ prizes in the coming months.Dont think Michael Stoute will be having sleepless nights after this performance.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by steveo77 Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:16 pm

I didnt see the race but pleased to see F&G winning.

I think he is being aimed at the Asct Gold Cup. Can see him winning that easily

steveo77

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:22 pm

On todays run he wouldnt get 2m4 in a taxi.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:38 pm

Billynomates got sick of talking to himself again so hes decided to call it a day,hope to catch someone on here tomorrow.Any waif or stray will do Whistle

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Tue 19 Apr 2011, 10:51 pm

racingnut wrote:Billynomates got sick of talking to himself again so hes decided to call it a day,hope to catch someone on here tomorrow.Any waif or stray will do Whistle

We need to get more of the BBC 606ers over here racingnut.......maybe they'll come over when it closes in May.

Aaaw...poor Battlecry......was he alright after his fall?

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by racingnut Wed 20 Apr 2011, 4:07 pm

Battlecry was fine but young Twiston Davies got a real good kicking,broken leg i think.

racingnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Thu 21 Apr 2011, 8:18 am

racingnut wrote:Battlecry was fine but young Twiston Davies got a real good kicking,broken leg i think.

Thanks racing........pleased to hear Battlcry is alright...........unfortunately his jockey did, indeed, Break his leg

Get well soon Willie

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down