The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp

+13
Cotupina187
pete (buachaill on eirne)
valjester
JmD
kiakahaaotearoa
Sin é
SecretFly
Rava
rodders
bluestonevedder
red_stag
SirJohnnyEnglish
clivemcl
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp Empty Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:09 pm

Rory Best (Banbridge - Ulster)
Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins - Ulster)
Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins - Ulster)
Tom Court (Malone - Ulster)
Sean Cronin (Lansdowne - Leinster)
Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne - Leinster)
Keith Earls (Young Munster - Munster)
Stephen Ferris (Dungannon - Ulster)
Declan Fitzpatrick (Dungannon - Ulster)
Cian Healy (Clontarf - Leinster)
Jamie Heaslip (Naas - Leinster)
Iain Henderson (Queens University - Ulster)
Chris Henry (Belfast Harlequins- Ulster)
Denis Hurley (Dolphin- Munster)
Luke Marshall (Ballymena - Ulster)
Conor Murray (Garryowen - Munster)
Mike McCarthy (Buccaneers - Connacht)
Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere - Leinster)
Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College - Leinster)
David O'Callaghan (Dolphin - Munster)
Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution - Munster)
Paul O'Connell (Young Munster - Munster)
Brian O'Driscoll (UCD - Leinster)
Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution - Munster)
Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution - Munster)
Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne - Leinster)
Mike Ross (Clontarf - Leinster)
Donnacha Ryan (Shannon - Munster)
Jonathan Sexton (St.Mary's College - Leinster)
Andrew Trimble (Ballymena - Ulster)
Dan Tuohy (Ballymena - Ulster)
Damien Varley (Garryowen - Munster)
Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution - Munster)

Uncapped - L Marshall, I Henderson and Dave O'Callaghan - Well done lads! clap

Great Ulster representation in the squad. Perhaps the most there has been for quite a while?

From an Ulster point of view, I think P Marshall is hard done by losing out to Redden. Stevenson also could arguably be in instead of DOC.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp Empty Re: Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:12 pm

You wonder what Gilroy has to do to get a look in when Henderson gets in on his U20 game time and Marshall gets in on just (finally) getting a run of games for Ulster?

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp Empty Re: Ireland Training Squad Named For Two Day Camp

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

Not happy with this squad.

- There is no place for Paddy Jackson, Ian Madigan or Ian Keatley in the squad.

- Really don't see the point of Mike McCarthy in there at all

- Craig Gilroy is not included
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:18 pm

How is Gilroy not included? I've seen him play and the lad's electric.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:26 pm

Where to start chin ...... actually life's too short.... Congratulations to those who are selected and to those who didn't well its a long season so hopefully your chance will come (and yes I do mean Gilroy and Madigan censored) .

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:32 pm

red_stag wrote:Not happy with this squad.

- There is no place for Paddy Jackson, Ian Madigan or Ian Keatley in the squad.

- Really don't see the point of Mike McCarthy in there at all

- Craig Gilroy is not included

Absolutely agree Stag, there is no forward thinking in this squad whatsoever. Although in saying that it is only a training squad.

Expect the same discussions and/or arguments to ensue on this thread as we have witnessed on many occasions in the recent past.

Congratulations on the inclusion of the three uncapped guys.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:37 pm

Once more they'll try to unearth/talk about/ the plan that's supposedly plain for everyone to see except the players asked to play it.

Not so animated about the players chosen for two days of chat and exercise but I sure do hope it's a whole new ball game the coaches are bringing with them in their folder. That's the important bit.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:42 pm

The real question here is will Trimble and Hurley be rooming together?

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:45 pm

rodders wrote:The real question here is will Trimble and Hurley be rooming together?

Yahoo Well the word on that is that yes, they will be. Better to confront your demons, says Deccie. IRFU will pick up the bill for smashed TV and sundries....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:46 pm

Its a 2 day camp so I wouldn't take too much notice of it it. It looks like anyone who was on the tour to NZ with fill-ins for those who were injured.

Gilroy isn't there because I suspect that Ulster might not have wanted to lose all their wingers for starters (and one of those wingers is going to lose out in Ulster this season). POC is not fully fit - back problem (and no SOB), Ryan hasn't played yet this season so that is why you would expect Henderson to be there.

As for Jackson & Marshall - Ulster don't have much depth there at the moment and will be needed by Ulster during the AIs.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:49 pm

SecretFly wrote:
rodders wrote:The real question here is will Trimble and Hurley be rooming together?

Yahoo Well the word on that is that yes, they will be. Better to confront your demons, says Deccie. IRFU will pick up the bill for smashed TV and sundries....

ROG must have had a lot of different room mates over the years based on that Smile

(I think Geech says that as well - he put ROG & Mike Phillips together and since then they have been great mates)!

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:50 pm

I thought ROG roomed with Deccie...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:51 pm

But nobody, no coach that I know of anyway, has had the courage to force ROG to room with a full length mirror.

He's okay with his own shadow though as he walks all over that guy 24/7.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

rodders wrote:I thought ROG roomed with Deccie...... Run

In fine form today, Rodders....

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

I thought Deccie provided the room service for ROG ........ Run
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:53 pm

Rava wrote:

I thought Deccie provided the room service for ROG ........ Run

Nah thats Sextons job ...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:54 pm

Run Is that Earls? Zipping in and out with those jokes? He's a livewire, that fella.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

This thread is already doomed I tell ye. Doomed Cry
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

No room for Paddy Wallace? I was outraged.

Then I read that Wallace has explained to Kidney that he will be on holiday in the south of France but has an open ticket to come back with short notice.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by JmD Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:55 pm

Disappointing that O'Gara is in there ahead of all the better, younger 10s available.

Also no place for Gilroy, the player with easily the best feet in Ireland. But then again, what more could be expected?

Well done to the uncapped players for making the squad. Not sure about Luke Marshall's inclusion, he hasn't been in great form this season, but I suppose being a young player in a position of need works highly in his favour.

JmD

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:57 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:No room for Paddy Wallace? I was outraged.

Then I read that Wallace has explained to Kidney that he will be on holiday in the south of France but has an open ticket to come back with short notice.

Hurrah! It's like a bullfight the quips are coming so quick.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

Yea, its outrageous that Downey hasn't been included furious mad
What has he to do to get included Smile
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 3:59 pm

JmD wrote:Disappointing that O'Gara is in there ahead of all the better, younger 10s available.

Also no place for Gilroy, the player with easily the best feet in Ireland. But then again, what more could be expected?

Well done to the uncapped players for making the squad. Not sure about Luke Marshall's inclusion, he hasn't been in great form this season, but I suppose being a young player in a position of need works highly in his favour.

First controversial statement. Don't know where you have been hiding mate but I've seen him four times live and he has been excellent each time. And that was even playing with Niall O'Connor!!
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:00 pm

Sin é wrote:Yea, its outrageous that Downey hasn't been included furious mad
What has he to do to get included Smile

Oh nice one Sin guinness
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

JmD wrote:Also no place for Gilroy, the player with easily the best feet in Ireland.

A foot fetish will get you nowhere
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Yea I wouldnt worry too much about the absentees. I reckon its a mix of players who are seen as regulars and others Deccie wants to take a look at. This means not bringing young guys like Gilroy he has already looked at.

I dont think this squad will look much like the AI squad.

I also think Deccie sees the inclusion of the uncapped players as more of an introduction to the setup. A way of saying "Look at this, this is what you could be doing regularly. Now go back to your club and keep working hard."

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:01 pm

Luke Marshall has played well any time I've seen him play this year. I would certainly say hes there on merit anyways.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by JmD Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:46 pm

Rava wrote:
JmD wrote:Disappointing that O'Gara is in there ahead of all the better, younger 10s available.

First controversial statement. Don't know where you have been hiding mate but I've seen him four times live and he has been excellent each time. And that was even playing with Niall O'Connor!!

He's been solid, but excellent is a big stretch. He has a great pass and is a very good defender with a lot of potential. I just think there are players in better form who have been left out, but due to him being a 12, a position where Ireland don't have much depth, he has been included while they haven't.

JmD

Back to top Go down

Post by JmD Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:48 pm

red_stag wrote:
JmD wrote:Also no place for Gilroy, the player with easily the best feet in Ireland.

A foot fetish will get you nowhere

Saw it coming a mile off red_stag, disappointed you stooped to that level Wink

JmD

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:51 pm

Sometimes the obvious ones are the best.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:56 pm

This is probably a good spot to have Liam Toland's analysis of last Friday's game.

Ulster have lost so much with Spence's passing

Would the young centre have given Ulster the cutting edge they lacked on Friday night, asks LIAM TOLAND

NO DAY goes by where I’m not amazed with the wonderment of miracles bestowed upon me. Consequently not a morning goes by where I don’t thank the stars above for all the good fortune that has been relentlessly heaped upon me. Who am I thanking? Truth be told I’m not entirely sure but what I do know is there’s no point in being lucky if you don’t know you’re lucky. I and so many of our rugby community this morning are certainly that; lucky. I know it and I’m eternally thankful for it.

What our brothers and sisters in Ulster must be feeling this morning doesn’t bear thinking and I struggle to stay on rugby with such tragedy in our midst. I watched Ulster defeat Munster at Ravenhill last Friday night and experienced the well-deserved jubilation of the players, staff and supporters. I too have tasted defeat in Ravenhill and it’s a tough place to expect a win.

Both sides are in a transition of sorts and neither really deserved to lose but that said, a better team would have beaten Munster much more convincingly than by the narrowest of margins, one point. It was a cracker of a match and Ulster did brilliantly to win, especially after being down by seven at half-time, but this is early days for them and there is much work to be completed.

Munster’s strengths have long been bountiful but their backrows over the past 30 years could match any team in the world; look what Shannon alone have produced, such as a six, seven and eight of Colm Tucker, Eddie Halvey and Anthony Foley. I can’t wait to watch every Munster game unfold as the new-look Munster backrow claw at the severe challenge their forefathers have laid before them.

Last Friday night, Munster’s 10, 12 and 13 proved they all can tackle, with the very impressive covering of Ian Keatley an added bonus. Although still rusty, they are also growing into an attacking unit. If I were playing in that Munster backrow packing down on the flank a question I’d be asking myself and my colleagues is how can we reap the rewards of this 10/12/13 combination and their continued brilliant offloads?

Although Munster’s new policy of running out of their 22 generates errors, check the shirt numbers on the clear-out that covers them up, where 12, 13, 15, etc, are all piling in to limit the damage, which is a great work ethic!

Beyond this strong work ethic there is skill, which is the crucial ingredient Keith Earls brought on his arrival. With a very early season touch on 37 minutes, Earls, in midfield, with a blanket Ulster defence in front of him, simply ran at Luke Marshall, checking him, and then swung open towards Darren Cave, who came in, freeing up Earls’ support runner, secondrow Billy Holland, into a hole.

This was a poor effort from Cave, resulting in a great score for Earls as the ball swung back to the right-hand side from an inside take off Denis Hurley. His wonderful pass to Casey Laulala set them off but his earlier inside-out play fixing Cave was very Brian O’Driscoll.

Regarding Ulster, I liked their lineout and especially the technique of their beanpole, Lewis Stevenson, at the front. Watch him next time out to see him get into the air.

Time is at a premium at two and the old school number four would bounce up from the hunched position in that he would dip first to generate a spring and then as the lifters hit him he would seamlessly propel up to full height as the timing of a very fast entry from the hooker would hit him.

Time has moved on and time being very precious, he doesn’t have the luxury of dipping before jumping. Last Friday night Stevenson took up the traditional stance but skipped the dip and simply backed himself to spring directly upwards, placing much greater emphasis on his explosion and the immediate hit from his lifters. This method requires huge power from the jumper to get up to the same height but the time saved can be hugely advantageous, whereby the hooker will have a clean white jersey to hit; less traffic!

With 18 lineouts, Ulster managed much variation, including a one-man lift on Stephen Ferris at the tail. Johann Muller continues to be the go-to athlete in the middle, with beautiful balance and hands to get the Ulster backline moving from the perfection of their timing.

The Ulster backline is where issues arose. Clearly huge positives abound, particularly in Andrew Trimble’s defence and physicality, Patrick Jackson’s growing experience and Jared Payne’s beautiful balance and busting runs akin to Earls, on top of which he has the habit of placing major indecision in defenders’ minds through his gliding runs. His first-half line break, bursting outside backs and outside James Coughlan and inside Keatley, nearly gave Paul Marshall a five-pointer but for the offload from Trimble.

As pretty as Ulster’s play looked, outside of Payne, it almost never fixed a Munster defender. For all the obvious ambition in their play they struggled to unlock the Munster defence out wide. In scoring on 51 minutes they didn’t achieve an overlap where their brilliantly created and deserved Payne touchdown came from bursting outside James Downey, with Earls marking his man on the touchline. There was continued pressure from Ulster but how inventive was it with a lot of double and triple switches going nowhere as they turned the ball over far too easily after building possession, especially in the final third? – very costly.

Is this a concern? Not so much at this stage with three victories from three in the Pro 12 but time and again Munster, under major possession stakes pressure, coped easily out wide where they generally had more defenders than Ulster attackers. In the 10 minutes where Munster’s Seán Dougall was sitting down taking a rest, Ulster failed to touch down; in fact it was Munster who got three points. With possession at 50 per cent each but up a man it was intriguing.

Exciting times ahead for Ulster no doubt but one wonders would Nevin Spence have added the abrasive go-forward edge so many encounters will require this season.

Indeed I am so lucky and I hope and pray as the season unfolds our friends in Ravenhill get their slice of luck they so richly deserve, “Stand up and fight”; Ní maith liom bhur dtrioblóid.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0921/1224324230436.html
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:58 pm

JmD wrote:
Rava wrote:

He's been solid, but excellent is a big stretch. He has a great pass and is a very good defender with a lot of potential. I just think there are players in better form who have been left out, but due to him being a 12, a position where Ireland don't have much depth, he has been included while they haven't.

Of course that is why he is included. It would be ridiculously stupid of the coaches to just pick all the best players and not take into account their positions. We would just have a squad of backrowers if that was what we did. And considering it had to play outside Noc for a few games, he has done very well, and was just as good as Downey last week.

Not too bothered by this squad, it is just a training thing, will worry if Rog is still hanging around the 22 during the series.
If it means that Madigan, Keatley and Jackson get more game time while the others are at this it will be okay.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Fri 21 Sep 2012, 8:40 pm

Sorry is this a full training panel for the AI's and these are the guys who are going to get picked for the games or is this just the group with whom Deccie wants to have a wee chat???

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:17 pm

I'd assume a wee chat... two days isn't going to be clinical anything. Some of it will be "and your name is?"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotupina187 Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

Downey is the man im most dissapointed about... He's twice the player D'arcy is.

Cotupina187

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

Stephen Ireland's wig! wrote:Downey is the man im most dissapointed about... He's twice the player D'arcy is.

You are of course joking. This is the guy who couldn't make an extended Ireland squad in the past four or five years. Jeebus just signing for Munster doesn't give a right to an Ireland place Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:08 pm

Rava wrote:
Stephen Ireland's wig! wrote:Downey is the man im most dissapointed about... He's twice the player D'arcy is.

You are of course joking. This is the guy who couldn't make an extended Ireland squad in the past four or five years. Jeebus just signing for Munster doesn't give a right to an Ireland place Whistle

By all mean whistle at that one! You'd get a lot of blushed whistles with that line, Rava. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

Or dummy whistles mate Very Happy
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 22 Sep 2012, 12:05 am

Liam Toland's analysis of earls try is so wrong its a joke. Seriously you have to wonder if these guys just write up fromtheir memory of a split second event or if they actually watch the incident back.

I watched it back. There was a mismatch. Afoa and another forward were defending out wide. The pace wasnt there and Cave rightfully came in. The action was on the 22 and the inexperienced Allen was on the tryline, and failed to come forward when the ball was being passed out. This left space for the player (can't remember) to get around Cave and have time for the inside pass.

Seriously, ffs, if you are paid to do a job, the least you can do is watch an incident in replay and actually LOOK at whats happening.

Good try. Cave hadnt much choice. Allen could have made it more difficult.

Also, anyone else a little uncomfortable with a man talking about how a player's death might weaken a sports team's chances when theres are two wives without their husbands, a mother without two sons and two children without a father.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:17 am

clivemcl wrote:Also, anyone else a little uncomfortable with a man talking about how a player's death might weaken a sports team's chances when theres are two wives without their husbands, a mother without two sons and two children without a father.

I think the rugby community has made great efforts to respect the Spence family and keep their memory hallowed. However at some stage disucssing his loss on the rugby pitch was going to be brought up.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:47 am

Sorry can't keep it bottled up....still can't believe Madigan and Gilroy aren't in.... censored ...... Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Sat 22 Sep 2012, 11:06 am

While I was disappointed with Ulster's back play, and very frustrated that we didn't pull away during the sin-binning, Downey and Laulala each has more club caps than Jackson, Marshall, Allen and Gilroy combined. I'd expect a fair bit of improvement throughout the season as they find their feet.

Oh, and there's Pienaar, Wallace and Bowe to come back. Panic over.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:37 pm

clivemcl wrote:Liam Toland's analysis of earls try is so wrong its a joke. Seriously you have to wonder if these guys just write up fromtheir memory of a split second event or if they actually watch the incident back.

I watched it back. There was a mismatch. Afoa and another forward were defending out wide. The pace wasnt there and Cave rightfully came in. The action was on the 22 and the inexperienced Allen was on the tryline, and failed to come forward when the ball was being passed out. This left space for the player (can't remember) to get around Cave and have time for the inside pass.

Seriously, ffs, if you are paid to do a job, the least you can do is watch an incident in replay and actually LOOK at whats happening.

Good try. Cave hadnt much choice. Allen could have made it more difficult.

Also, anyone else a little uncomfortable with a man talking about how a player's death might weaken a sports team's chances when theres are two wives without their husbands, a mother without two sons and two children without a father.

That's not the part of the try he is criticizing Cave for, he is talking about the original break. Look from here, Marshall had Earls, there was no need for Cave to come in as well.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 23 Sep 2012, 7:53 am

http://kidneyclock.net/

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm

http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/10818.php

Marshall and Gilroy called up.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:12 pm

Thats not a bad quarter of uncapped players who have suddenly been called up.

09 Paul Marshall
10 Ian Madigan
11 Craig Gilroy
12 James Downey

I think they would do well enough if you added Tommy Bowe, Brian O'Driscoll and Rob Kearney.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:13 pm

Out/Injured after the weekend: D'Arcy, O'Gara, Reddan, Dec Fitzpatrick, Mick McCarthy, Zebo

In: Downey, Madigan, P. Marshall, Loghney, Toner & Gilroy.

---

from IRFU:

Following the weekend action involving the Irish provinces in the RaboDirect Pro12, there have been several additions to the Ireland training squad meeting up in Carton house this week.
Gordon D'Arcy took a knock to his ribs and is unable to train, with uncapped Munster centre James Downey called up to replace him.

Outhalf Ronan O'Gara has a dead leg and is also unable to train, so the uncapped Leinster back Ian Madigan joins the squad.

Scrumhalf Paul Marshall comes into the squad in place of Eoin Reddan who was unable to play at the weekend due to a leg injury.

Prop Ronan Loughney comes into the squad in place of Declan Fitzpatrick, who is continuing rehab on a knee injury in Ulster.

Second row Mike McCarthy picked up a calf knock and is replaced by Leinster second row Devin Toner.

The final change is Simon Zebo, who turned an ankle and is unable to train. Craig Gilroy replaces him in the training squad.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:15 pm

Can anyone verify if this is the most ulster representatives in a training squad ever?? Not that it will necessarily have any future impact. But its great to see none the less.

13 on my count

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

We in Leinster is officially p.....................iss..................ed!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:55 pm

Sin é wrote:Out/Injured after the weekend: D'Arcy, O'Gara, Reddan, Dec Fitzpatrick, Mick McCarthy, Zebo

In: Downey, Madigan, P. Marshall, Loghney, Toner & Gilroy.

---

from IRFU:

Following the weekend action involving the Irish provinces in the RaboDirect Pro12, there have been several additions to the Ireland training squad meeting up in Carton house this week.
Gordon D'Arcy took a knock to his ribs and is unable to train, with uncapped Munster centre James Downey called up to replace him.

Outhalf Ronan O'Gara has a dead leg and is also unable to train, so the uncapped Leinster back Ian Madigan joins the squad.

Scrumhalf Paul Marshall comes into the squad in place of Eoin Reddan who was unable to play at the weekend due to a leg injury.

Prop Ronan Loughney comes into the squad in place of Declan Fitzpatrick, who is continuing rehab on a knee injury in Ulster.

Second row Mike McCarthy picked up a calf knock and is replaced by Leinster second row Devin Toner.

The final change is Simon Zebo, who turned an ankle and is unable to train. Craig Gilroy replaces him in the training squad.

Certainly can't argue with any of those selected as cover for the injuries. Hard to believe Downey has never got a sniff of a cap.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next