The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers?

+10
anotherworldofpain
ScarletSpiderman
SecretFly
WWosprey
tigertattie
bsando
TJ1
Imperialbigdave
BristolTaff
KickAndChase
14 posters

Go down

Go on then...who?

Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_lcap28%Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 10 ]
Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_lcap53%Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 19 ]
Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_lcap8%Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_lcap11%Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 36

Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Empty Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers?

Post by KickAndChase Fri 21 Sep 2012, 11:38 pm

I've included one player from each of the home nations: England, Holland, Ireland & Wales.

I guess it was meant to be a serious poll but I couldn't help myself with the last one.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Empty Re: Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers?

Post by BristolTaff Sat 22 Sep 2012, 9:42 am

Visser is an ABSOLUTE FREAK.

He will be playing for Leicester, Saracens, Leinster, Munster or a French club by the start of next season.

Visser is what North want to be when he grows up.

BristolTaff

Back to top Go down

Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers? Empty Re: Who will be the most prolific try-score at the end of their respective careers?

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:10 am

I think it depends really. Ashtons prolific try scoring record in the first 15 odd games of his career was pretty remarkable, regardless of wether you like him or not, however it seems to have dried up internationally, and I just cant see him scoring as many tries for saracens as he did for northampton.

Visser is still an unknown at international level, though the club strike rate is clearly there.

Bowe is the best winger out of the three in my opinion, but thats because hes far more complete. Looking only at strike rates, hes behind Ashton internationally, and Visser domestically. While Visser plays more often in the rabo, he will in all likelyhood overtake Bowe as the leagues top try scorer by the end of the season, and have done it in fewer games than Bowe.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Sep 2012, 5:22 pm

North has scored more tries than Visser this season!
Also Visser enjoyed a pretty injury free couple of season with no International duty, so when you rack up how many games he played in the league to how many tries he scored it aint that amazing.

Ashton will do well i reckon he has a knack of finding the try line.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 22 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

viewtothegym wrote:North has scored more tries than Visser this season!
Also Visser enjoyed a pretty injury free couple of season with no International duty, so when you rack up how many games he played in the league to how many tries he scored it aint that amazing.

im taking into account how many games he plays, hence why i said strike rate.

And where are you getting North scoring more tries this season from? Vissers on 6 after 3 games, north on 5 after 4 games...

Vissers pro 12 strike rate is 71%, Norths is 43%. Are you just making things up in the hope that itll stick, or are you drinking, or taking some sort of drug?

a 71% strike rate not that amazing? laughing
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:35 am

BristolTaff wrote:Visser is an ABSOLUTE FREAK.

He will be playing for Leicester, Saracens, Leinster, Munster or a French club by the start of next season.

I doubt that very much. I think he will continue to play at Edinburgh - he is enjoying his rugby there

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:23 pm

Tommy Bowe has already cemented his reputation as one of the best wingers in the world where as the other 2 and Lydiate still have a lot more rugby to play, assuming they manage to avoid serious injury.

Thom Evans was probably one of Scotland's finest prospects a few years ago and now he'll never play rugby again. Joe Ansbro may not be the same again after his horrible injury, although I'm sure most are hopeful he'll make a full recovery.

I see a lot of Tommy Bowe in Tim Visser to be honest, he has something that allows him to be in the right place at the right time as seen in performances for Edinburgh, Baa Baas and Scotland.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:28 pm

the poll does not clarify if we are talking combined club/internation tries.

if it is combined, then Visser
if it is international only, then Bowe
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by WWosprey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:04 pm

Why have you put Lidiate in he is a flanker. Surely it would have been better to put North or Cuthbert in for Wales

WWosprey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Big Phil Vickery will have that record...when and if he ever chooses to retire.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:42 pm

Imperialbigdave wrote:

And where are you getting North scoring more tries this season from? Vissers on 6 after 3 games, north on 5 after 4 games...

Vissers pro 12 strike rate is 71%, Norths is 43%. Are you just making things up in the hope that itll stick, or are you drinking, or taking some sort of drug?

This season so far North has a strike rate of 125% (5/4) and Visser has a strike rate of 200% (6/3), as a strike rate of 100% is scoring one try a game.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Mon 24 Sep 2012, 6:25 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Imperialbigdave wrote:

This season so far North has a strike rate of 125% (5/4) and Visser has a strike rate of 200% (6/3), as a strike rate of 100% is scoring one try a game.

aye, im talking about total pro12 strike rates over multiple seasons.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2012, 9:50 pm

And im talking about you being nuts deep in Visser its sickening.

Just accept Visser ok, North much better.

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:03 pm

WWosprey wrote:Why have you put Lidiate in he is a flanker. Surely it would have been better to put North or Cuthbert in for Wales

Isn't Lydiate Wales' best player by a country galaxy? Even as a flanker, he's obviously going to score more than any of those wingers.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:04 pm

viewtothegym wrote:And im talking about you being nuts deep in Visser its sickening.

Disagree. Visser may play in a worse team for both club and country, but he's way better than Visser. Imagine how many Visser would have scored if he played for Wales or Scarlets by now ...

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:18 pm

Q: International tries? or all career tries of any kind?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:31 pm

viewtothegym wrote:And im talking about you being nuts deep in Visser its sickening.

so north is better - despite scoring less tries, despite scoring less tries per game and despite visser not north being voted player of the rabo three years running. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 25 Sep 2012, 1:30 am

fewer not less
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Tue 25 Sep 2012, 7:03 am

visser and north are the same player....fact is north has had a stage to perform on in wales and this is visser's time.

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:50 am

North could end up having quite a few injuries as well with the way he plays.

I could see him moving into the centre as he gets older and loses his pace.

To answer the thread though i would probably say Bowe will have the most tries.
I don't think Ashton will be England's winger past 2015, they have so much depth there.
Visser will score a lot of tries but Scotland as a team don't score many tries and they won't get him into as many positions to do so. He will probably be on the left wing for Scotland until he retires though, so he could catch up.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

Gets older?!!!!
he is 20...hasn't even finished growing yet!!

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:46 pm

Difficult to say really but Ashton has a really healthy head start over Visser.

As it stands Visser has 54 in about 70 club games.

2 international tries in 2 appearances.

Ashton has 94 tries in about 110 club games.

15 international tries in 23 apps.

Tommy Bowe in contrast has 70 club tries in 168 apps.

24 international tries in 49 caps.

109 tries - Ashton
94 - Bowe
56 for Visser

Bowe is 28, Visser is 25, Ashton is 25.

George North is another kettle of fish but he's not in the poll.

11 tries in 24 caps for Wales

15 tries in 35 club games.

26 tries in total.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down