The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monty's lost the plot

+7
Diggers
John Cregan
McLaren
EmmDee57
mystiroakey
navyblueshorts
SmithersJones
11 posters

Go down

Monty's lost the plot Empty Monty's lost the plot

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:11 am

Couldn't quite believe what I was reading here. He actually compares Rory to Stephen Ames. Stephen f***ing Ames. He's been as much of a Woods fanboy as Roe for a while now but this is just insane.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Monty's lost the plot Empty Re: Monty's lost the plot

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

Monty's a plank. His need to be perceived as somehow great colours all he does or says and he can't seem to shake off the feeling that people are sniggering behind his back.
I can't stand his style one iota and it's made worse when he talks bollards.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:37 am

stephen aimes- you what!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

For what reason is he making this comparison? Has Rory had his teeth whitened? Cool

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:13 pm

mystiroakey wrote:stephen aimes- you what!!

I know. He could at least have said Coltart, at least that was Ryder Cup. picard Run
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:33 pm

Monty is a fool, why are we surprised by this comment. His little brain seems to go into hyper mode when talking about the ryder cup. It is all he talks about when he is commentating.

If anything when rory playes tiger it will be like when federer played samprass at wimbledon. The passing of the worlds greatest onto someone from the next generattion.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:46 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:For what reason is he making this comparison? Has Rory had his teeth whitened? Cool

Laugh Laugh

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Mon 24 Sep 2012, 12:52 pm

I think Monty has been suffering from Post Traumatin Stress Disorder for some time now - the Traumatic Stress being his failure to win a Major !!

That's why he pfaffs on about the Ryder Cup all the time as if being part of a winning team is as good as winning a major.............

He seriously lost the run of himself at Celtic Manor.......remember when he ordered that the huge screens at the course (there for the benefit of the tens of thousands who paid good money to be able to see a bit of golf) be used for scoreboards.............."there is too much golf on them" he said........the crowd need to see "blue on those screens".........."lets fill the screens with the blue of Europe"..............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:05 pm

[quote="John Cregan"]
That's why he pfaffs on about the Ryder Cup all the time as if being part of a winning team is as good as winning a major.............

quote]

Poultry was doing the same thing last week, saying that the pressure of the Ryder Cup was way more than the pessure in majors. Clearly his way of saying he handles pressure really well....unfortunately thats only when when its the kind of pressure that he can handle........... Shocked

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:15 pm

Is the explanation for all this any more complex than saying monty is a pompus d1ck head?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:43 pm

Lads I think you're all over-reacting a bit. Although I am confused by much of the article I didn't see any comparison with Ames, Monty merely used him as an example of how Woods has crushed opponents in the past.

The confusion for me was Monty saying that taking out Tiger would be like "cutting the head off the snake". I would have thought the best way to do this would be to pit our best player against him, but later Monty says he wants to shield McIlroy from a potential hiding and let someone else take the heat, so a bit of a contradiction there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/rydercup/9559929/Ryder-Cup-2012-keep-Rory-McIlroy-well-away-from-Tiger-Woods-in-Medinah-showdown-says-Colin-Montgomerie.html
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:48 pm

Is someone threatening to cut Woods' head off. Brilliant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:01 pm

" but later Monty says he wants to shield McIlroy from a potential hiding and let someone else take the heat"

that is a ludicrous thing to say surely!!

I think its Tiger that needs to be sheilded from rors if truth be told

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:01 pm

If I was as good as McIlroy I'd be chomping at the bit to take on Tiger. If it were me and I'd heard that someone thought I needed "protecting" from him I'd be even more keen.

Could it be a mind game by Monty? I very much doubt it, but it could have that effect accidentally.

Just another way of looking at it (and not how I think it was meant) so don't shoot!!!

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:05 pm

incontinentia wrote:Lads I think you're all over-reacting a bit. Although I am confused by much of the article I didn't see any comparison with Ames, Monty merely used him as an example of how Woods has crushed opponents in the past.

Which by implication means he thinks Tiger could stuff Rory in the same manner, which means he thinks Rory is as 'good' as Ames was back then. IIRC Ames made some half-arsed attempt at playing mind games prior to the Tiger match, which probably helped make the scoreline as convincing as it ended up being. I don't think Tiger even played that well, Ames was just rubbish.

To even bring such a match up, never mind suggest that Rory should avoid Woods, is lunacy. JMO must be fuming.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:10 pm

Rory has already said he wants Tigger in the singles and might even speak to him and suggest they both have a word with their respective captains to try and make it happen.
When you are as good as those two are...and they know how good they are and what they have done...I really dont think what anyone else says matters an awful lot to be honest.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:12 pm

I hope they do and I hope that they're both on top form that day too. What a game that would be.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:14 pm

Well if they both want the match- Which surely they both do... Its gonna happen. TV will want it. Everyone will want it.. Monty needs to come out his bubble and realise what Rors has allready acheived. The reality is even if he went down 10 and 8 to tiger he would still bounce back.. Remeber the masters and the next major!!!!

And offcourse the reality is that mciroy would be slight fav anyway!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:23 pm

Im not a lover of the RC but Id watch that match, it would be a competition within a competition.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:30 pm

It will almost certainly happen, but it's whether they're out first, last or somewhere in between. If the match is tight, the various parties may well want them to go out last, if only so that other games get a look in on the tv.

Can you imagine how badly it'd ruin the spectacle if they're out first? We'd see virtually every step they take while 11 other matches would flick past in some kind of summary every half hour. Put them out last, trust that the game will still mean something and everybody wins.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:48 pm

Is it on Sky Smithers or BBC ? You'd hope that viewers could just have the option viat he red button to select which match they follow rather than the main coverage being all Tiger v Coco (though Id imagine it would still show al ot of them whatever).
Id imagine they would go out first as the marquee match but hwo knows.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:58 pm

Diggers wrote:Is it on Sky Smithers or BBC ? You'd hope that viewers could just have the option viat he red button to select which match they follow rather than the main coverage being all Tiger v Coco (though Id imagine it would still show al ot of them whatever).

It's live on Sky with highlights on the Beeb. The whole drama of the singles is the swing from one side to the other of the overall balance. Seeing holes being won to turn games or maintain leads, then the impact that has on the scoreboard. As great as 1 vs 2 could be (and equally it could be a stinker) it's just one match. The red button idea is a good one, but I fear it'll be used as the excuse for showing that one match on the main (HD & 3D) channel, forcing people who want to watch the Ryder Cup to put up with inferior picture quality.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:01 pm

A lot of these silly comments come out around Ryder cup time, I've just read an article where G-Mac describes himself as a Pitbull-Rottweiler hybrid and Rory as a pedigree racehorse!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:05 pm

incontinentia wrote:A lot of these silly comments come out around Ryder cup time, I've just read an article where G-Mac describes himself as a Pitbull-Rottweiler hybrid and Rory as a pedigree racehorse!

Not silly from where i am sitting., Good comparisons, well actually Gmac is probally more of a pitbull rabbit hybred if truth be told.

Shane Lowery is a grizzly bear cross sloth.

Monty is a cow(saggy jubblies) cross panda bear

Tiger woods is a hyena cross snake.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:13 pm

Id have Gmac as a Jack Russell, Poulter as a flamingo.....

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:14 pm

The ryder cups a good watch but i have never understood the hulabaloo around it. Golf is a solo sport.I find Bruce Critchley continously refer to the likes of Garcia, Kaymer etc as "one of ours", annoying. They are certainly not, they come from completely different cultures and backgrounds, far different from people from the UK and America.

I was always a Monty fan growing up, me and my pals would usually follow him when we went to the Dunhill/Open etc.. but he was really a grumpy, pompous p**** most of the time and that's really translated in to his sky career. The ryder cup is a big deal, but Monty had the talent to win 3 or 4 majors but won zero, i think that sticks in his throat and they only thing he has to fall back on is his superb RC record and my God talks it up like it's some sort of heavyweight brawl.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:39 pm

Jack would proabably trade his RC record for nothing more than a G&T served by a sexy lady.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:44 pm

SmithersJones wrote:
Diggers wrote:Is it on Sky Smithers or BBC ? You'd hope that viewers could just have the option viat he red button to select which match they follow rather than the main coverage being all Tiger v Coco (though Id imagine it would still show al ot of them whatever).

It's live on Sky with highlights on the Beeb. The whole drama of the singles is the swing from one side to the other of the overall balance. Seeing holes being won to turn games or maintain leads, then the impact that has on the scoreboard. As great as 1 vs 2 could be (and equally it could be a stinker) it's just one match. The red button idea is a good one, but I fear it'll be used as the excuse for showing that one match on the main (HD & 3D) channel, forcing people who want to watch the Ryder Cup to put up with inferior picture quality.

Recently any Red Button coverage has been in HD. I would imagine Sky will have a lot of interactive coverage on there. Wish I had 3D for this.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 24 Sep 2012, 3:52 pm

EmmDee57 wrote:
SmithersJones wrote:

Recently any Red Button coverage has been in HD. I would imagine Sky will have a lot of interactive coverage on there. Wish I had 3D for this.

I know it was for the Olympics, but the Beeb had 24 HD + 24 SD channels specially for the games. Otherwise I've not seen any HD stuff on the Red Button. Hope you're right.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down