The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ???

+8
Happytravelling
TopHat24/7
ShahenshahG
Valero's Conscience
wheelchair1991
shenglong2015
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ??? Empty Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm

I'll be buying the Wlad v Fury PPV.................Because I love the Heavyweights and I find Fury an engaging character and believe he has a chance of pulling off an upset that would be good for Boxing....Obviously I'm in the minority on this (and hopefully posters on here will have short memories If he gets trashed !! Wink ) ........However unfortunately I'll be convincing Hearn by buying this promotion that Kell Brook is a PPV fighter which for me he isn't....

Get the impression we've seen the last of Brook for a while on normal SKY which for me isn't a big problem........Because I think he's got the personality of a wet blanket, is fighting stiff after stiff and I've seen better more interesting technicians (Talented though he is).....

I only bought the Gavin promotion for the Mitchell, Selby and 50/50 British title fights..

I can understand Froch being PPV.............Always fun to watch...Love him or hate him personality.... Multi belt champion.. and fought enough top class fighters and won to warrant the status..

I don't see anything PPV about Brook...........I think Hearn has lost the plot !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ??? Empty Re: Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ???

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm

No-one will ever know Truss

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ??? Empty Re: Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:31 pm

Rowley wrote:No-one will ever know Truss

You have to admit.... I did look good in it though !! Kell Brook - Has Hearn lost the plot over him ??? 3559488474

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm

I agree with a majority of the stuff posted, but at the risk of going around in circles (as we tend to do on 606v2), I can not see how anyone feels that in the very very very unlikely event that Fury became champion how he would light up the division?

We have already seen Wilder capture a title and his defences have been worse than any of Wlads?

And if Fury were to somehow get his mitts on a HW title, he would be just as bad. Stiff after stiff. They would drag the division into even darker days.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm

I think Hearn has had a result with this one. He knew Brook Chavez did not sell a PPV on its own and with Joshua, Mcdonnell and the likes of Crolla otherwise engaged putting a stacked undercard together was going to be tricky so bundling it in with the Fury fight, which you know he will sell, works out all round. However I do tend to agree with your general point. Brook is a good fighter but is hardly the most charismatic of sorts and so if he is to sell PPV’s in future he needs to be in with quality opponents pretty much every time.

Unfortunately I don’t see that happening any time soon. Still think he is going to try and wait it out until next summer in the hope that Khan eventually comes to the realisation Floyd is not going to ring him. The fear is Khan will then move his attentions to Manny. I like Brook as a fighter but he really needs to be saying to Hearn, sod Khan if he is not interested in the fight get me Bradley or Thurman. He does not have too many miles on the clock but it is ridiculous to see a world champion treading water all in the hope one opponent will finally say yes. The daft thing is Floyd has one foot out of the door of the sport, Manny surely can’t have much longer left, if Brook can beat either Thurman or Bradley he pretty much becomes the man in the division in a post Manny and Floyd world, Khan would be begging him for a shot if that happens.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:42 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:I agree with a majority of the stuff posted, but at the risk of going around in circles (as we tend to do on 606v2), I can not see how anyone feels that in the very very very unlikely event that Fury became champion how he would light up the division?

We have already seen Wilder capture a title and his defences have been worse than any of Wlads?

And if Fury were to somehow get his mitts on a HW title, he would be just as bad. Stiff after stiff. They would drag the division into even darker days.

More to do with the bland personality and fighting style...............

A Heavyweight champion should own the back pages and be omni-present (It's the greatest prize in sports)...Like Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Holy, George and to a lesser extent Lewis did.........not that Tyson is in that company..

As regards Deontay he's not up to the job in or out of the ring..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 3:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:I agree with a majority of the stuff posted, but at the risk of going around in circles (as we tend to do on 606v2), I can not see how anyone feels that in the very very very unlikely event that Fury became champion how he would light up the division?

A Heavyweight champion should own the back pages and be omni-present (It's the greatest prize in sports)...Like Ali, Holmes, Tyson, Holy, George and to a lesser extent Lewis did.........not that Tyson is in that company..

Klitschko is always back pages in Germany.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Khaosai Galaxy was in Thailand..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:03 pm

After brook fights Chaves he will have to fight his mandatory which will either be Fredrick Lawson or Kevin Bezier depending who wins that fight. Be interesting how Hearn sells that as PPV. I won't be buying this card judging on the card that's been announced so far

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:05 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:After brook fights Chaves he will have to fight his mandatory which will either be Fredrick Lawson or Kevin Bezier depending who wins that fight. Be interesting how Hearn sells that as PPV. I won't be buying this card judging on the card that's been announced so far

Who does the IBF rankings........Stevie Wonder ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
wheelchair1991 wrote:After brook fights Chaves he will have to fight his mandatory which will either be Fredrick Lawson or Kevin Bezier depending who wins that fight. Be interesting how Hearn sells that as PPV. I won't be buying this card judging on the card that's been announced so far

Who does the IBF rankings........Stevie Wonder ??

I agree its just pathetic really, jo jo dan beat Bizier twice, ive seen Lawson fight twice he is simply rubbish by world level standard.

Bet the winner gets a ppv date against Brook though

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:12 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Hearn next made Brook vs Mosley!

If Brook does fight a no-name mandatory next he will have a run of defences to rival any other.....in an embarrassing way!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Germany is much bigger than thailand. Plus you left out the rest of eastern europe.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:20 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

So there is life, and Superstars outside of the USA and the UK.

Its a simple case of Americans and British dont like there being an Eastern bloc champion, I personally like the K brothers, and if they were the Smith brothers from Philadelphia, they'd be the best Heavys to grace planet earth.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Germany is much bigger than thailand. Plus you left out the rest of eastern europe.

Who gives a toss about Eastern Europe...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:26 pm

Eastern Europeans. I'm surprised I have to point this out to you Truss.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:29 pm

I bet the Southern Asian nations were interested in Khaosai Galaxy....

Whoopee do..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:29 pm

Bradley & Thurman are both winnable fights for Brook, albeit Bradley brings no money.

Both would be good CV bolsterers too.

Agree with Rowley, Brook should say "F*** Khan" to Hearn, "get me those two".

If he wins both Khan will have very little bargaining power as, Manny/May aside, there are no other fights out there for Khan if Brook takes those two.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:31 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Bradley & Thurman are both winnable fights for Brook, albeit Bradley brings no money.

Both would be good CV bolsterers too.

Agree with Rowley, Brook should say "F*** Khan" to Hearn, "get me those two".

If he wins both Khan will have very little bargaining power as, Manny/May aside, there are no other fights out there for Khan if Brook takes those two.

Hearn seems to have turned into a Warren clone..

Bellew v Cleverly probably being the turning point...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

Yep, fans buying into that was a death knell.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:32 pm

Think it was probably a penny dropping moment Truss, why make a tough fight and pay a top American top dollar to tkae it to do 300,000 buys when you can do 200,000 for drivel. Not great for the fans but as a business model I am sure it is very profitable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:39 pm

There are plenty of fights out the but, to be fair to brook, the WWs are dancing around trying not to spoil their chance at Floyd. And brook is unlikely to make any of the contenders look good, win or lose. I saw Rios is saying his fight with brook feel through over issues with gloves (which was actually a stipulation from the BBBC and not brook) and a rematch clause, hardly earth shattering. Most believe it was over money, Rios preemptive strike might suggest his camp.

From what I was reading, the Berto PPV isn't selling that well. So, maybe the wheels might finally be falling off the Floyd PPV bandwagon.

Brook has also had a mandatory but as noted, the IBF aren't doing him favours.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm

Happytravelling wrote:

From what I was reading, the Berto PPV isn't selling that well. So, maybe the wheels might finally be falling off the Floyd PPV bandwagon.

Sky were saying there were also tickets unsold at the venue as well. If we take it as truth that it is his last fight it says a lot about most people's views of the opponent if the venue does not even sell out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:08 pm

If Brook does have to take on Bizier or Lawson next not even Kell's family would buy that

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:10 pm

Sheffield arean is about ten minutes from my house and even I can't be bothered to go for these type of fights.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm

Rowley wrote:Sheffield arean is about ten minutes from my house and even I can't be bothered to go for these type of fights.

Pennypincher

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

Calling a Yorkshireman a 'pennypincher' is flattery.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:14 pm

I went to the Matthew Hatton fight, I even went to Jo Jo Dan for my shame. I think Brook and Hearn have had more than enough of my hard earned. Get Bradley, Thurman or Khan to the Steel City and they can happily have some more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Happytravelling Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:17 pm

For one, I'd be happy if the Berto fight is struggling. A shot across the bows to remind the organisers they can't take things for granted.

Happytravelling

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Thu 10 Sep 2015, 5:36 pm

I rate Brook but he ain't got the personality to sell PPV that's for sure, but how you overcome that is by fighting the best in your division, not 2nd raters  Froch showed exactly  how to do it.  

The problem you have is the promoters are frightened to death their cash cow is going to get beat, its not the fighters who duck opponents its the promoters, couldn't imagine Brook being frightened by anyone in the division, time for Brook to tell Hearn get me the best or let me go with someone who will.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 10 Sep 2015, 7:40 pm

I dont think Matchroom have lost the plot with Brook. They are just milking him (successfully I imagine) to a British public who seem happy to pay ppv.

Despite Hearn saying a couple of years ago that ppv would only be for the biggest fights, I think the entire Matchroom policy is centred around ppv and it will continue to expand. Brook might not carry a ppv card on his own without a top opponent but Matchroom have shown that they can just sub in a few names in various alhabet title fights or eliminators to build up these "extravaganza" nights on ppv. Such as the Brook v Gavin card (Gavin is a slight favourite to beat Sam Eggington in his next fight I believe)

Basically I think the Matchroom programme will be irregular crap non ppv cards that cost them little punctuated by worthwhile cards that are sold at ppv and advertised liberally as great value for money. It will probably work out well for Matchroom financially but its crap for fans who want good quality cards often for their subscription.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 11 Sep 2015, 1:54 pm

I think they have invested a lot in Brook. Time for easy money back. Go for the bigger risks and rewards when everyone has made a healthy amount.

Classic model these days from Hearn

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 11 Sep 2015, 2:00 pm

The IBF rankings are a complete joke but the voluntary defences should be better than they are, wasn't long ago that Bradley was muted to fight Porter for the #1 ranking but both ended up going down a different route. If Bizier follows then even i'll have to admit it's the worst run of four defences I can remember in recent times, too many belts makes it too easy to milk it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down