The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook

+15
KingMonkey
huw
Pedro147
88Chris05
hogey
TRUSSMAN66
joeyjojo618
TopHat24/7
hazharrison
Rowley
milkyboy
Valero's Conscience
ONETWOFOREVER
KC
Strongback
19 posters

Go down

Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook  Empty Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook

Post by Strongback Thu 27 Feb 2014, 2:11 am

“When we heard Khan’s Mayweather fight was on the brink of falling through, I made a serious offer for him to fight Kell,” Hearn said via RingTV. “That offer, £5million, is still on the table and will remain there for the foreseeable future.”

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/news/321409-amir-khan-receives-8-million-offer-to-face-kell-brook

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook  Empty Re: Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook

Post by KC Thu 27 Feb 2014, 3:10 am

I'd love to see it, but would imagine it would require a world title being up for grabs so unless there is a vacant one it wouldn't happen.
Not really sure at this stage how good Brook is, he needs to fight someone within the top 10 or get himself a title shot so we can see if he is as good as some of his displays have suggested he could be.

KC

Back to top Go down

Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook  Empty Re: Hearn offers Khan $8 million to fight Kell Brook

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 27 Feb 2014, 3:37 am

Agreed 

no strap no fight. Khan will still have one eye on Mayweather so a belt comes in handy. Khan will face Porter.

just a feeling.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:08 am

If it's true with no hidden small print then I'd take it if I was Khan. That's about the same as he would of got for fighting Mayweather and won't get that anywhere else.

Khan is wasting his career (as is Brook) so would be good for both.

Hearn would want to milk his fights like any other boxing promoter but if they had Froch/Groves II and Khan/Brook on the same card it IMO would be the biggest boxing event ever in the UK. You could sell massive at Wembley and I would pay £20+ PPV.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

Strap? Eddie's a dab hand at these domestic showdowns.

'Pride. It's not about the belt'
Olympic almost golden boy and ex world champion amir 'dr ironchin' khan v Multi eliminator winning kel 'babbling' brook.

They've exchanged harsh words on twitter, and now it's time to settle the grudge.

Coming to ppv and a football stadium near you.

Come-on who'd heard of carl froch before Eddie got hold of him? Amir khan is almost a household name. Brook's charisma can sell itself. You can do this Eddie! Sell sell!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:38 am

milkyboy wrote:Brook's charisma can sell itself.

Milky, if this is your masterplan, never, and I do mean never, quit your job to pursue a career in promoting. Will be some very long winters in the Milky household

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:42 am

I read this morning that Khan had now drawn up a shortlist -- is this the latest thing for these P4P SUPERSTARS?!!

Porter, Malignaggi and Broner I think.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:53 am

Thought Brook was in line for a shot at Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

Don't really believe such words when the spill from a promoter's mouth.

Should snap it up if so though.

Unless the Broner fight is on the cards (Pac understudy vs May understudy?) as I think he'd win that handily if at 147 where I really don't think 'The Problem' (now solved) is comfortable.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

hazharrison wrote:I read this morning that Khan had now drawn up a shortlist -- is this the latest thing for these P4P SUPERSTARS?!!

Porter, Malignaggi and Broner I think.

Khan-Malignaggi must be one of the least anticipated rematches in history. It was as comprehensive a victory as you are likely to see.

Either of the other two sound great. I heard Peterson is also on the list - Khan shouldnt give that cheat time of day.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:48 am

Hearn wants to be careful Groves is earning a quarter of that for the fight of the century..

He may want a rise..

Complete bollox to raise Brooks profile

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:10 am

If he has really offered Khan £5m deal then Khan should rip his arm off, he is not gonna earn that fighting anyone else other than Floyd, and he will have to fight some decent fighters to get that payday anyway. He is just as likely to get starched for a couple of million or less so he might as well take the £5m and see if he can cut the mustard at Welterweight and earn himself that big fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:13 am

If Khan is chasing that last payday then $8 million looks good from where I'm sitting. He was reportedly getting $10 million for the Mayweather fight. What's a couple of mill between friends.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:16 am

The fight isn't big enough...

Brook doesn't sell

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:31 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The fight isn't big enough...

Brook doesn't sell

Then Eddie needs to stop shouting his mouth off.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:43 am

Just talk from Eddie, I suspect. As he said on Ringside the other week when Groves was gently ribbing him about these supposed options, offers and developments for Froch which had simply been made up out of thin air, "That's what I do."

Brook's career has stalled horribly over the last couple of years and I think Hearn is aware that, after Sky have built him up and done so much to try and improve his profile, he needs to keep people talking about him - because let's face it, it's been a while since anything concerning Brook in the ring has really caught the imagination.

I don't think this fight is anywhere near big enough to make £5 million for Khan, particularly with no world title at stake.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:40 am

Rowley wrote:
milkyboy wrote:Brook's charisma can sell itself.

Milky, if this is your masterplan, never, and I do mean never, quit your job to pursue a career in promoting. Will be some very long winters in the Milky household

Rowley, I appreciate your concern and advice. However if the nature of my post was too subtle for you, may i suggest you change the batteries in your irony meter.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:45 am

I did pick up on it Milky but went with my comment anyway. I have realised that opportunities to comment on anything other than Mayweather's greatness or Louis' relative standing need to be grasped with both hands.

If coming across as a bloke who can't pick up on when someone is joking is the price to pay for this it is one I am willing to endure.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:46 am

In fairness to Rowley and as a fellow Yorkshireman, I can see how, given Brook's magnetic personality, he might be fooled into thinking it was a serious post. Brook is like Christ, Malcolm X, Martin Luther King jr, Nelson Mandela and Simon Cowell when it comes to having an ability to draw people to him. Obviously he's no Carl Froch but then only a fool would consider himself on par with that man.

Khan would be foolish to snub Eddie's offer, He probably guaranteed £8million quid just for returning Eddie's calls such is the revenue that's bound to be generated by this fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:52 am

Rowley wrote:I did pick up on it Milky but went with my comment anyway. I have realised that opportunities to comment on anything other than Mayweather's greatness or Louis' relative standing need to be grasped with both hands.

If coming across as a bloke who can't pick up on when someone is joking is the price to pay for this it is one I am willing to endure.

I just assumed it had been a very heavy night fella. I now realise the joke is on me for failing to spot the counter irony. You're always one step ahead rowley. That's why you're a mod, and I just mingle with the plankton.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Feb 2014, 11:54 am

milkyboy wrote:
Rowley wrote:I did pick up on it Milky but went with my comment anyway. I have realised that opportunities to comment on anything other than Mayweather's greatness or Louis' relative standing need to be grasped with both hands.

I just assumed it had been a very heavy night fella. I now realise the joke is on me for failing to spot the counter irony. You're always one step ahead rowley. That's why you're a mod, and I just mingle with the plankton.
As and when I've figured out if this is an insult, I will be giving serious consideration to reporting this comment as offensive and fish-ist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:05 pm

Easily big enough to sell to make money from this. Kell sold out some big arenas in Sheffield in one of his many eliminators.

If over 10000 tickets can be sold for Khan v McCloskey then this fight is huge. For people saying there's no belt - well there wasn't for De Gale and Groves and that was PPV and a huge fight in the UK and they weren't even Euro level then.

If Sky can sell and make money from Haye v Audley then this is an easy sell. Even Chisora vs Haye was PPV and they didn't have a belt. Eddie knows 5 million is a small price to pay for the money this will make.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:09 pm

Thing is if Khan accepted this then it would sell quite well in the UK (I'd buy it and be interested) and even if he was to break even or make a small loss it would raise Brook's stock considerably (UK and US) if he won.

Could potentially lead to a fight with Mayweather if he could beat another US name after the Khan fight.

Good bit of business if this could be arranged.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:10 pm

Agree with Hogey on this, Khan should snatch his arm off. I rate Brook a bit more than several on here, but there will not be too many easier assignments for this kind of money. One would think Khan would need to be in with Manny or Floyd for this sort of payday, and Brook is a good chalk below those guys.

Whether Eddie can come up with this kind of number is not really Amir’s concern. If he insists on a good chunk of the money up front or in staggered payments, which is not uncommon, he has still earned well even if this falls through. Should call Eddie’s bluff and agree as quickly as he can.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:14 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

As and when I've figured out if this is an insult, I will be giving serious consideration to reporting this comment as offensive and fish-ist

Sorry chum.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

Rowley wrote:Agree with Hogey on this, Khan should snatch his arm off. I rate Brook a bit more than several on here, but there will not be too many easier assignments for this kind of money. One would think Khan would need to be in with Manny or Floyd for this sort of payday, and Brook is a good chalk below those guys.

Whether Eddie can come up with this kind of number is not really Amir’s concern. If he insists on a good chunk of the money up front or in staggered payments, which is not uncommon, he has still earned well even if this falls through. Should call Eddie’s bluff and agree as quickly as he can.

Its hard to believe its not bluster, but if true, it would be madness not to take it.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:16 pm

He'd weasel out of it rowls by inserting stipulations Khan wouldn't agree to..

Age old trick of spin...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:19 pm

Just to stress, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a nice little earner for Khan, or that he shouldn't be seriously thinking about this fight. Just think that figures such as £5 million are off-base and that Khan will probably be keeping one eye on trying to get a belt back a.s.a.p as he'll be hoping to get Mayweather further down the line. And if he can jump the queue for Porter's IBF title ahead of Brook, then it makes him a stronger force in negotiating with Hearn.

But yep - I'd watch it with some interest. Think Khan could do a lot worse than take this fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:24 pm

He's a strong force now...By the sound of it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He'd weasel out of it rowls by inserting stipulations Khan wouldn't agree to..

Age old trick of spin...

You're probably right Truss. Feel for Khan's position a bit, he has already gone nearly a year out of action, the last thing he needs at this stage is more messing about or fights falling through. Getting back in the ring surely has to be his priority.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:34 pm

... On a positive note, it's another year without being knocked out. Proving those doubters wrong

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:39 pm

Hardly counts If he's not been in a fight milky!!!

*I'll pretend milky's sarcasm is too subtle for me*

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:53 pm

Did someone say there won't be any straps? I could have sworn I saw Brook carry out about twenty different belts post Senchenko.....

Anyway, let's be real, Khan wasn't fighting Floyd for his belt. Well, he WAS but you get my drift. Money talks and this is an incredible opportunity in that regard. He should take the fight, it'd be superb.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 27 Feb 2014, 1:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hardly counts If he's not been in a fight milky!!!

*I'll pretend milky's sarcasm is too subtle for me*

Impressed that you got it at all trussy...  given the tentative relationship your countrymen have with irony. Wink 

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 27 Feb 2014, 6:46 pm

Not sure if this fight would happen as

a) With Brooks record of class opponents (while still only an up and coming prospect) Khan will want nothing to do with him

b) Brook is tied up in a contracted deal to fight Carson Jones another 6 times first

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:29 pm

Brook wouldn't dare fight Khan, not when Hearn can line up another bin man for the vacant 'WBA' intergalactic championship

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Brook wouldn't dare fight Khan, not when Hearn can line up another bin man for the vacant 'WBA' intergalactic championship
'WBA' Intergalactic Interim Championship Eliminator get it right  thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:37 pm

Steffan wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Brook wouldn't dare fight Khan, not when Hearn can line up another bin man for the vacant 'WBA' intergalactic championship
Sorry totally forgot about endless eliminators thumbsup

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Feb 2014, 7:42 pm

Steffan wrote:
I suppose he should fight world class operators like Nurse Karpency and the Hawk.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:25 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
Steffan wrote:
I suppose he should fight world class operators like Nurse Karpency and the Hawk.
True. And lets be honest Clevs career looks to be down the pan at the moment

Least he did step up and fight a world class opponent in Kovalev even though he got mashed

More than Special K will ever do

Go away now please...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:42 pm

The difference is that Brook has talent but is in a fairly talent rich division unlike the average tough man without a chin Clev.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:56 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The difference is that Brook has talent but is in a fairly talent rich division
Good. Lets hope he uses that talent and finally fights one of them then

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:10 am

UPDATE: Hearn has confirmed on Twitter that the offer was $5m, not $8m.

And, funnily, when asked why he quoted in dollars for a Brit fight, he candidly responed - "because it sounds bigger!" Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:14 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:UPDATE: Hearn has confirmed on Twitter that the offer was $5m, not $8m.

And, funnily, when asked why he quoted in dollars for a Brit fight, he candidly responed - "because it sounds bigger!" Laugh

Should have made the offer in Zimbabwean dollars. Could have made it sound massive.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:27 am

Offer 5 million bucks...Forget to mention the exclusive 5 fight deal...When he turns it down..

Say my fighter is so good Khan is ducking him..

Coming soon..Brook - "I'll fight Khan for nothing!!"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Feb 2014, 9:32 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Offer 5 million bucks...Forget to mention the exclusive 5 fight deal...When he turns it down..

Say my fighter is so good Khan is ducking him..

Coming soon..Brook - "I'll fight Khan for nothing!!"
Only if he's got Adam Booth in his corner and he takes his "deserved" fees

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 01 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

Brook would beat Khan with something to spare, but it's too risky a fight for Amir to take at this point. He'll wait until Brook has lost, which he will, or until he's got a bit of steam building up behind him again. As much as i disagree with the general sentiment, he'd be on the scrapheap in the eyes of many if he took and lost this one.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 01 Mar 2014, 10:26 am

monzon wrote:Brook would beat Khan with something to spare, but it's too risky a fight for Amir to take at this point. He'll wait until Brook has lost, which he will, or until he's got a bit of steam building up behind him again. As much as i disagree with the general sentiment, he'd be on the scrapheap in the eyes of many if he took and lost this one.
Based on what does Brook beat Khan?

Beating P4P superstar Carson Jones?

I don't like hype job Khan, but he's many leagues above Brook 70-0 prospect for life.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down