The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more

+10
anotherworldofpain
ME-109
doctor_grey
Biltong
Taylorman
Morgannwg
GunsGerms
OzT
boomeranga
Argie fan
14 posters

Go down

Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Empty Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more

Post by Argie fan Fri 05 Oct 2012, 12:15 pm

Santiago Phelan has once again named the same starting XV as the Pumas seek their first ever win in the Rugby Championship.
Despite being hammered 54-15 by the All Blacks last week, it is the same side who will take the field with only two changes to the bench.
Former Harlequins lock Tomas Vallejos is replaced by Leornardo Senatore while fly-half Nicolas Sanchez take the place of the injured full-back Martin Rodriguez.
Hampered by injuries, Australia made five changes to the starting line-up.
Queensland Reds duo Mike Harris and Ben Tapuai come in at full-back and outside centre to replace the injured Berrick Barnes and Adam Ashley-Cooper while Nick Cummins replaces Dominic Shipperley on the right wing.
Up front, Sitaleki makes a welcomed return at blindside with James Slipper switching with Benn Robinson at loose-head.
It has been a disappointing Championship for the Wallabies who count only two wins in five games so a good performance would be welcome before they travel to Europe for the Autumn series.

Argentina: Gonzalez Amorosino; Camacho, Bosch, Fernandez, Agulla; Hernandez, Landajo; Roncero, Guinazu, Figallo; Carizza, Albacete; Farias Cabello, Leguizamon, Fernandez Lobbe (capt.).

Replacements: Creevy, Orlandi, Senatore, Leonardi, Vergallo, Sanchez, Imhoff.

Australia: Harris; Cummins, Tapuai, McCabe, Ioane; Beale, Phipps; Slipper, Polota-Nau, Alexander; Douglas, Sharpe (capt.); Timani, Hooper, Samo.

Replacements: Fainga’a, Robinson, Dennis, Higginbotham, Gill, Sheehan, Shipperley.

NOTE: The last match for Rodrigo Roncero. How can we not keep one eye on the man bidding farewell to the Pumas. Rugby salutes one of its great servants. Hats off to prop Rodrigo Roncero clap
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Empty Re: Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more

Post by Argie fan Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:07 pm

Rosario Stadium
Capacity: 41,654.
Tickets: sold out.
The Estadio Gigante de Arroyito is a sports stadium in Rosario, Argentina. It is the home of the Rosario Central football team.
Rosario is the largest city in the province of Santa Fe, in central Argentina. It is located 300 km (185 mi) northwest of Buenos Aires, on the western shore of the Paraná River. Rosario is the third-largest city in Argentina by population, with a growing and important metropolitan area; Greater Rosario has an estimated population of 1,276,000 as of 2012.[5] One of its main attractions includes the neoclassical architecture that has been retained over the centuries in hundreds of residences, houses and public buildings.
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Images10
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Estadi14
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Estadi15
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Gigant10
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Estadi16
Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more 35346_10
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more Empty Re: Pumas vs Wallabies teams announced and more

Post by boomeranga Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:29 pm

I heard the other day that RR is a doctor in his spare time. Pretty impressive from the big man.

Wally's will need a lot of luck to get a win out of this one. Great to see Tapuai on the team sheet, plus the debut of the Honey Badger. I'm not sure he's up to it but he's worked hard for his crack so good luck to him. Harris at FB is a bit boring but no remaining attack means we need a kicker.

Best of luck Argie fan.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Fri 05 Oct 2012, 1:53 pm

Well he's got the name of a great diesel make! And the ole 2 stroke ones they made were one of the fastest ones around... some of those tipper trucks really use to take off with those engines in them, so let's hope it lights his afterburner on the pitch too!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 05 Oct 2012, 4:57 pm

Pretty disapointed with the Australia team. I am pretty sure Argentina are going to win this one which normally would be great. However, if Argentina win they will more than likely leapfrog Ireland into eight spot in the world rankings and potentially secure a second seed spot for the next WC at Irelands expense.

C'mon Australia!!!!!

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 05 Oct 2012, 4:59 pm

boomeranga wrote:I heard the other day that RR is a doctor in his spare time. Pretty impressive from the big man.

Wally's will need a lot of luck to get a win out of this one. Great to see Tapuai on the team sheet, plus the debut of the Honey Badger. I'm not sure he's up to it but he's worked hard for his crack so good luck to him. Harris at FB is a bit boring but no remaining attack means we need a kicker.

Best of luck Argie fan.

Seen some clips of the honey badger on rugbydump. He certainly isnt afraid to smash into opponents. Should be an interesting debut. Expecting some epic big hits.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:17 pm

Who's the honey badger?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 05 Oct 2012, 9:31 pm

boomeranga wrote:I heard the other day that RR is a doctor in his spare time. Pretty impressive from the big man.

He might be able to help out some fallen ozzies today then, judging by the hit rate so far.

Good luck to both sides. Sure hate seeing Ozzie in this predicament. Get well soon!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Fri 05 Oct 2012, 11:39 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Who's the honey badger?

Nick Cummins Morgan. Look out for the permed mullet.

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:23 am

Argentina cult hero Roncero has confirmed the final-round Rugby Championship clash at Rosario's Estadio Gigante de Arroyito will be his 55th and last Test.
A qualified doctor, the 35-year-old prop nicknamed Ro-Ro signed off from club rugby in June but was coaxed into continuing his international career by coach Santiago Phelan and adviser Graham Henry.
He helped the Pumas split their two-Test home series with France 1-1 and has since been among their best players in a pack which has unsettled all three of the world's best teams - New Zealand, South Africa and Australia.
A 230-match veteran for glamour Paris club Stade Francais and a member of the Argentina side which finished third at the Rugby World Cup 2007, Roncero desperately wants one more achievement before hanging up his boots.
"Looking back, my career has been extremely positive," he said.

"Im just missing the icing (on the cake) of beating one of the three powers (New Zealand, South Africa and Australia)".
"I played at three World Cups and I managed to play the first Rugby Championship."
"I wondered whether to retire in the June window ... I was in doubt but I felt great in June and realised how much I'd missed the national team after (last year's) World Cup."
Pumas skipper Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe said the home side would undoubtedly lift against the Wallabies to send Roncero out in style.
"It's an honour to play in the same team as him," Lobbe said. "He gave everything for this jersey for the last 10-12 years.
"He is a legend."

Roncero's new career will be running a travel agency which arranges travel for the national side.
Still without a first win in the tournament, the Pumas are favourites thanks to their home ground advantage and the Wallabies' huge injury toll, robbing them of more than half of their full-strength side.
Lobbe still rues the fact Argentina let their foot off Australia's throat when they led 19-6 on the Gold Coast three weeks ago.
The No.8 said they wouldn't make the same mistake again while Phelan stressed they would continue to attack with width despite being burnt 54-15 by the All Blacks last week in La Plata.
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:41 am

Roncero will always be a legend of the game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sat 06 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Yeah he will. Class player.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:02 am

Maybe he can come over and help coach the Wallaby's scrum. Last time we had an Argentinian coach we had a managable scrum.

Looking forward to the game, timing's great as I would have got home from the pub, perfect!!

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Argie fan Sat 06 Oct 2012, 10:23 pm

Bad news on weather tonight in Rosario

COVERAGE AREA ON GROUND prevails moist, unstable air where they generate ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS. TO BE EXPECTED TODAY SATURDAY NIGHT OR SUNDAY MORNING, THE SAME intensify, with abundant water fall, gusts and occasional hail.
Temp: 20º C
Argie fan
Argie fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 06 Oct 2012, 11:48 pm

geez. Oz certainly arent getting any luck at all! It'll be a forward battle for sure, something Argie will revel in.

Good luck both sides

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:20 am

Oz are looking OK for the moment, however at 0-6.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:33 am

Craig Joubert is calling some strange penalties and let at least one obvious knock-on for both teams go.......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:38 am

Joubert is doing his usual (I love the tri nations) refereeing...same as the wc final by the look of things. I reckon he is mccaws secret lover...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 12:40 am

If abacete was a sinbinning why wasnt that...?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:02 am

Well, the bad weather report has turned out to not be, so that is one good thing.

This is a turgid game though, hopefully the second half will be less of a penalty shoot out.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:09 am

DOD wrote:Joubert is doing his usual (I love the tri nations) refereeing...same as the wc final by the look of things. I reckon he is mccaws secret lover...

Eclipsed only by the passionate affair between Dusautoir and Barnes...

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:13 am

its funny, when you play a better side you up your game...in this case the aussies are slumming it and if Arg could just remember to hold onto the ball this game could swing their way

wales won't beat oz though

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:26 am

Argentina have to do something about the pen lasers in the crowd. Every week someone is shining in the kickers eyes all night.

The IRB should take action if they can't sort it out.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:28 am

Australia were on a general warning about 4 breakdown penalties ago...where's the yellow?

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:31 am

Looks like game over now. Beautiful move from the Aussies.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:33 am

The Argies have come very close to scoring a try. Was actually hoping Roncero would have gotten over the line. I am still amazed at the bad and missed calls.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:36 am

Did the English language commentator actually refer to Joubert as the best referee in the world?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:39 am

Both sides have shown a willingness to ignore the laws at the breakdown repeatedly. I thought Australia should have worn a yellow card to be consistent, but I think to an extent Joubert has given up because every ruck is so poorly executed by both sides. I think to an extent he is saying "this is what you want, deal with it" We can't see 80 penalties per half, so he's in a bad position. I also think Joubert is getting annoyed at the crowd shining the lasers in his eyes and is getting a bit anti on the Pumas.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:41 am

well done to ledesma from joubert.....1st correct decision of the night

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:44 am

2 minutes to go...........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:47 am

anotherworldofpain wrote:Both sides have shown a willingness to ignore the laws at the breakdown repeatedly. I thought Australia should have worn a yellow card to be consistent, but I think to an extent Joubert has given up because every ruck is so poorly executed by both sides. I think to an extent he is saying "this is what you want, deal with it" We can't see 80 penalties per half, so he's in a bad position. I also think Joubert is getting annoyed at the crowd shining the lasers in his eyes and is getting a bit anti on the Pumas.

ridiculous suggestion

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:47 am

I don't think so at all.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:49 am

Joubert was equally bad and blind for both teams.

I think Argentina was a half-step slower than Oz, and that was probably the difference.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:51 am

To be fair, Argentina did themselves no favours and had their worst game of the tournament.

An ugly game, in bad conditions that won't leave anyone happy.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 1:58 am

One good thing is I can toggle between the English language and Argentine Spanish broadcasts. The Argentine announcers are being very gracious and respectful in their post-match summaries. Proud their team had a good initial season in The Rugby Championship with hope for the future. Roncero is saying the same thing is his post match. What a massive amount of respect he is receiving - great stuff.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

of course you don't, that's why you make stupid comments about international refs getting anti because fans - of unidentified allegiance - are trying to blind him....think it's you has myopia

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:02 am

doctor_grey wrote:One good thing is I can toggle between the English language and Argentine Spanish broadcasts. The Argentine announcers are being very gracious and respectful in their post-match summaries. Proud their team had a good initial season in The Rugby Championship with hope for the future. Roncero is saying the same thing is his post match. What a massive amount of respect he is receiving - great stuff.
mmm. that sounds familiar...toggling between languages....

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:05 am

I probably need to learn one of them and stop toggling around..........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 07 Oct 2012, 2:52 am

The argie crowds havnt done themselves much of a favour with the lasers. Sure its individuals but there must be a fair few that can see the source.

Cruden got it a few weeks ago.

All in all, a welcome introduction to the Argies who I'd thought will get more after the initial draw. Theyll only get better and theyve made this tournament a breath of fresh air.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sun 07 Oct 2012, 3:44 am

Just followed match on Planet Rugby seemed a pretty grim affair so cannot coment much as did`nt watch it.The Laser thing is bad as it does nothing for the Pumas reputation.They`ve done well in there first major tournament[as opposed to knockoutsl RWC]and another bonus point.Win takes Australia to second place and presumeably back to Worlds Number 2[not sure about that].
Maybe the All Blacks in Brisbane will be a win for them after all,a NH Ref especially Rolland.In discipline a lot of penalties and Harris on todays will punish you.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:32 am

The Wallaby water boy should have run out a pair of sunnies to the goal kickers. The whole thing was very Seinfeld-esque.

Joubert whistled everything in sight but I can't disagree with most of it. Players were entering from the side, playing the ball off their feet and generally making a nuisance of themselves.

The Wallaby scrum held up pretty well. I think there were 2 consecutive scrums where we drove the Argies back and another couple where we wheeled it but didn't get any reward. The handling was about as poor as I've ever seen and we still can't catch a high ball. Guess what the AB's will be doing in 2 weeks time? Happy to take the win though.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down