The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Topic

+4
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
GB1919
AdZacO
8 posters

Go down

Silly Topic Empty Silly Topic

Post by AdZacO Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Now not a major NFL news, but Hillis, the running back for the browns, has just put out Aaron Rogers for the cover of Madden front cover. Now he will compete for the cover with Vick.

This was done by the Browns fans, who obviously dont beleive in the Madden cover. I personally would want Vick on the cover, as he is a bigger star, and the hope the Madden curse hits again.Although it didnt get Brees much, except for doublinf his INTs from year before, he wasn't injured or didnt have a disasterous year.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Silly Topic Empty Re: Silly Topic

Post by GB1919 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 pm

Couldn't be happier about this. Although I don't consider myself superstitious I think deep down we all are to some extent. Anything to provide me with hope that the Packers can double up.

I suspect that Madden promoters will ensure that Vick is on the front, his popularity is ridiculously high at the moment. As Darnell Dockett said mid-season..."Vick doing so good, he got dogs cheering for him". Doesn't really compare with Peyton Hillis.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

I don't want Hillis to get the Madden curse (if it has an effect on RB's.) Vick probably deserves it more after the year he managed to have, if Hillis has another season like this last one then he should get it next year. Slightly surprised he beat Rodgers though.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm

I really wanted Seattle's "12th Man" to get on the cover... that would have been fun!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:52 pm

Derbyblue wrote:I don't want Hillis to get the Madden curse (if it has an effect on RB's.) Vick probably deserves it more after the year he managed to have, if Hillis has another season like this last one then he should get it next year. Slightly surprised he beat Rodgers though.

Perfect example, see Shaun Alexander lol.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:I don't want Hillis to get the Madden curse (if it has an effect on RB's.) Vick probably deserves it more after the year he managed to have, if Hillis has another season like this last one then he should get it next year. Slightly surprised he beat Rodgers though.

Perfect example, see Shaun Alexander lol.
Oh god! I really really hope Vick gets the cover then, he was pretty much the only offensive reason we managed to win any games, can't have him getting cursed.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:20 am

It's complete BS this Madden Curse, put Brady or Manning on the cover & I guarantee nothing bad will happen

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by AdZacO Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:32 am

Brady12 wrote:It's complete BS this Madden Curse, put Brady or Manning on the cover & I guarantee nothing bad will happen

Of course its BS. The fact that printing pictures of some one can cause them harm is rubbish. Its just a bit of fun, and most people know it, hence why the Browns owns fans are voting for Hillis.

AdZacO

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:08 am

A player get injured in a contact sport?

ITS A CURSE!!!!!!
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:14 am

Don't worry I'm aware curses aren't real, and that being put on the front of a game, has no link to you getting injured or your form dropping.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:46 am

I was just glad that when Fitz was on the cover, so was Polamalu and he's the one who ended up injured. I don't cheer for injuries, but if it's happening, I'd rather it be a player on another team than mine.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down