The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris John

+3
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Jukebox Timebomb
Sugar Boy Sweetie
7 posters

Go down

Chris John Empty Chris John

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Apr 2011, 7:44 pm

Chris John won a unanimous decision against young, big punching countryman Daud Yordan in Indonesia this weekend. I dont profess to know anything about the intracies of the Indonesian boxing scene, but Yordan is apparently regarded as the 2nd best fighter in the country and this is seen by them as a big win for the undefeated John, whose record now stands 45-0-2 (22). Far be it from me to denegrate Johns achievement - because I've always been a big fan - but surely for a man of his age (31) and record he should be fighting the top dogs at 126lb, rather than game but relatively unheralded domestic opponents? Amazingly John has only fought twice in the US (his two exciting bouts with Rocky Juarez). After the Yordan win his trainer announced that he was ready to take on all comers. But is he? I'd love to see him go to the states and take on Gonzalez, Gamboa, Juanma, maybe even Rafa Marquez (John already holds a win over Juan Manuel), but he seems reluctant to take that step to biggest of scenes, instead being content with his superstardom in his native Indonesia.

What are your opinions of John - his ability, his career and his future?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Chris John Empty Re: Chris John

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:12 pm

I think John will probably see out his career in Indonesia. He's tried to breakthrough in the US but it didn't really work out. Not sure what else he can do.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:19 pm

Seems to be content with being a hero in Indonesia Gamboa would wipe the floor with him. Can't see him beating Juanma either. Rafa Marquez would be good to watch but Rafa is past his best. John might be interested in a big fight in America purely for the money but he might just be happy at home.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 18 Apr 2011, 8:23 pm

Yuriroris Gamboa vs Chris John in america? John would probably take this for the payday can see Gamboa winning by KO in the middle or later rounds but it could go to the cards because John has a decent chin and a good heart.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 18 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

"I dont profess to know anything about the intracies of the Indonesian boxing scene"
I dont think you're missing out on much.

When I've watched John fight I've not been very impressed. I think Gamboa's speed and power will be a bit much for him if they were to fight. John could target the winner of Jonathan Victor Barros vs Celestino Caballero as they're fighting for a 3rd version of the WBA world title, John and Gamboa have the other two versions. I like how you now need to unify the WBA world title at Featherweight as well as all the others. I'm not sure there's a fighter in the top ten with no claim to be world champion.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

Good win for John. Many tipped Yordan to win. I think he's content fighting in Indonesia or maybe even in Japan. Will need a lucrative offer to get him in the ring with Gamboa.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon 18 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

Gamboa vs John would be a good match up, lets hope they can put it on.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Apr 2011, 12:14 am

Who is Gamboas promoter?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 19 Apr 2011, 8:17 am

prettyboy1304 wrote:Who is Gamboas promoter?

Top Rank Promotions.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down