The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Wallabies

+7
Pal Joey
nganboy
Full Credit
anotherworldofpain
OzT
majesticimperialman
kiakahaaotearoa
11 posters

Go down

Well done Wallabies Empty Well done Wallabies

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:08 am

Well even though they screwed me over in the prediction game, you have to take your hat off to the Wallabies. Not many were willing to give them much hope last night and though it wasn't pretty, they managed to scrap their way to a win.

I'm not sure if it will be enough to save Robbie Deans' job but it does suggest that Quade Cooper's comments of a toxic environment were way off the mark. The Wallabies looked like a tight knit outfit there.

Just when you think these guys are there for the taking, they have a way of bouncing back. They were humbled in SA but the injury count was farcical. I know many Wallaby supporters aren't happy with the way the team is playing but how much is that down to the number of injuries Australia have remains to be seen.

In any event, claiming second spot in the Rugby Championship with that many injuries throughout the tournament and lifting themselves mentally for the cauldron and laser show that is Cirque d'Argentine and you have to sit back and applaud that effort. It takes mental fortitude to be able to compete with so many disruptions to the side and one should not underestimate that achievement. I for one will be nervous for the Brisbane match.

So well done Wallabies. clap

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Well done Wallabies Empty Re: Well done Wallabies

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:12 am

What was the score. Meant to record it last night before i went to bed but for got.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 07 Oct 2012, 10:23 am

Look away now if you want to watch it later:

25 - 19.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by OzT Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:00 pm

they were humbled by the boks in SA, but after the match I posted that at last we saw spirit in the aussie side. No shame in losing to a better side on the day, as we did then, but it was encouraging to see signs of fightback and team spirit emerge again in that loss.

Well first RC completed, no surprise the ABs won it, they are looking an awesome and complete side at the mo.

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:02 pm

And as I mentioned on the Robbie Deans thread, Australia will be back to IRB #2 spot tomorrow morning...

Richard Loe is spot on with his column today that Australia's problems shouldn't be pinned on Robbie Deans who is doing an amazing job with the resources he has and leaving the Wallabies in a better state than he found them.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:35 pm

The only thing Richard Loe's qualified to comment on is cheap shots.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Sun 07 Oct 2012, 5:40 pm

Thanks for the kind words Kia. The Wallabies did it tough this series with various setbacks but that aside I think the AB's were a class above and deserved champions.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 2:37 am

Full Credit wrote:The only thing Richard Loe's qualified to comment on is cheap shots.

That's not fair. Although he was a dirty bugger he was also a pretty good prop and player.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 3:31 am

Thanks Kia, nice OP.

After seeing a few people suggest on other threads that the Wallabies would mostly likely be the team to stumble against the Pumas it was kind of a relief to see them get through both matches with a win.

Well done to your lads too. OK Ale

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:00 am

Yeah, I was one of the doubters LB, but you guys showed some guts and pulled off some good wins and maybe even a little bit of depth created as a result. Saw some of the Argie game in the weekend, and the bits I saw, Beale/Digby did some classy things.

How about you guys just wait one more game before you well and truly click eh? Save it up for the NH Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Oct 2012, 5:20 am

It's outta my hands ebop. Wink

I bet I'm more worried about a bigger blowout than "22" than your concerns about an upset. You should be fine... the winning streak will continue.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Mon 08 Oct 2012, 6:12 am

nganboy wrote:
Full Credit wrote:The only thing Richard Loe's qualified to comment on is cheap shots.

That's not fair. Although he was a dirty bugger he was also a pretty good prop and player.

In my opinion a pretty good player is someone who doesn't try to blind another person with an eye gouge or elbow them in the head when they're not looking. I'd bet that if Australia's greatest low-life player offered to tell New Zealand how they should manage their side I'm sure they'd find it a bit rich to say the least.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:02 am

As I said he was dirty but that doesn't mean he doesn't know about rugby.
Its a bit like saying Quade doesn't know about how to set up an attack because he doesn't know how to tackle.
Attack the logic of his comments and not the man.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:17 pm

I'm not questioning his rugby knowledge, obviously he knows a thing or two. I'm questioning why he's even entitled to make any comments about anything given the way he used to conduct himself.

What was the logic in his comments anyway? That Australia rugby's rubbish and has no depth? I've never heard that one before. That most kiwi props in the ITM cup would waltz into the Australian side? Another old chestnut. Lovely and condescending by the way. There was also some nice hearsay about Aus going to be thrashed in Brisbane by 'his friend'. The most predictable thing about the whole article is that Loe defends his old mate Deans by saying it's all Australia's fault.

Hardly an original thought in the whole steaming pile.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by MMaaxx Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:38 pm

Can't wait for the Lions tour! I think expectations of a Lions victory are very premature!

All the injuris have exposed a significant number of AUS players to top level Rugby and the Wallabies are much stronger for it!

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 08 Oct 2012, 12:51 pm

MMaaxx wrote:Can't wait for the Lions tour! I think expectations of a Lions victory are very premature!

All the injuris have exposed a significant number of AUS players to top level Rugby and the Wallabies are much stronger for it!

Im not sure that most Lions fans "expect" a victory. I think the general feeling is count Australia out against your peril...BUT if we select our strongest side this time...we have a strong chance this time round....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:21 pm

2nd place is a real credit to Australia and to Deans. Aussie fans should get off his back.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 09 Oct 2012, 12:37 am

Well if the ABs had lost to Ireland then fans wouldn't be on Hansen's back they'd be spitting on his grave. Very Happy
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Wed 10 Oct 2012, 2:16 am

Well done indeed Argentina in Rosario never easy for anyone,Wallabies shared 2nd place in the 4Ns with a 3-3 split.
Returned to IRB number 2,and blooded a lot of young players so the future looks good.
Deans future probably rides on the next 5 matches NZ at Home,then England,Wales,Italy,and France away not easy by any means.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 10 Oct 2012, 5:07 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:2nd place is a real credit to Australia and to Deans. Aussie fans should get off his back.

In Aus 2nd is first last and they dont like that.
We don't either.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down