The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opinions, Points of View and Trolling.

+13
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
gowales
Submachine
nganboy
Biltong
SecretFly
maestegmafia
doctor_grey
RubyGuby
LondonTiger
Rava
eirebilly
HERSH
17 posters

Go down

Opinions, Points of View and Trolling. Empty Opinions, Points of View and Trolling.

Post by HERSH Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Why is it when you have an opinion or a point of view on a subject (here on 606v2) that some people happen to disagree with it's called Trolling?

Its becoming very tiresome and boring, and IMO kills topics when people can't tell the difference between them.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Opinions, Points of View and Trolling. Empty Re: Opinions, Points of View and Trolling.

Post by eirebilly Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:30 pm

I hate to agree with you HERSH but it does get tiresome when people are constantly labled trolls or WUM's, especially when its a new poster.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Opinions, Points of View and Trolling. Empty Re: Opinions, Points of View and Trolling.

Post by Rava Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am

Bit like the shepherd boy and the wolf story if you ask me Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 pm

People who regularly start the same thread, or hijack threads to make the same point time after time start to lose any credit.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:08 pm

Todays Trolls are tomorrows insightful architects of cutting edge theories and conversation. It's just a matter of perception. Some Troll once said the world was round, some fella on 606 laughed and berrated him in the glowing knowledge that the world was of course oval. The rest is history as they say thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 am

Ruby me old mate, hows you?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:42 am

RubyGuby wrote:Todays Trolls are tomorrows insightful architects of cutting edge theories and conversation. It's just a matter of perception. Some Troll once said the world was round, some fella on 606 laughed and berrated him in the glowing knowledge that the world was of course oval. The rest is history as they say thumbsup
Hiya Ruby.
The world IS oval. The exact shape of a Rugby ball. At the bottom of some ocean, it is possible to find the word 'Gilbert' and the little hole wjere the air goes which keeps the world inflated..........

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm fine Billy just been taking a few months away from here to recharge a little - it gets to me a little on times and I need time away. I assume your doing ok now and that's great news for everyone, you had us worried for a while. You can now have a drink with my blessing! Look forward to our discussions and usual banter. Give my regards to that old fart the grand Master G - aka Mr Gibson. thumbsup

Dr Grey I'm afraid the world is actually round and your perception is currently slightly off due to your current oval shaped nose - In Australia by the way they are wondering why they call rugby balls Tre Bilg! thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:56 pm

RubyGuby wrote:I'm fine Billy just been taking a few months away from here to recharge a little - it gets to me a little on times and I need time away. I assume your doing ok now and that's great news for everyone, you had us worried for a while. You can now have a drink with my blessing! Look forward to our discussions and usual banter. Give my regards to that old fart the grand Master G - aka Mr Gibson. thumbsup

Dr Grey I'm afraid the world is actually round and your perception is currently slightly off due to your current oval shaped nose - In Australia by the way they are wondering why they call rugby balls Tre Bilg! thumbsup

Did you know that the moons gravitational pull on the earths first characteristic is to create a stabilising centrifugal grip on earth, keeping our poles in a very similar place. Mars can vary by a decent amount more as it has smaller moons.

The secondary influence of the moon on Earth is tide.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Did you know that the moons gravitational pull on the earths first characteristic is to create a stabilising centrifugal grip on earth, keeping our poles in a very similar place. Mars can vary by a decent amount more as it has smaller moons.
Sooo.... you are saying size matters?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:50 pm

I hate most of all intellectual WUMs.......... especially of the moon watching Wiki kind...Wink

And I hate the moon itself because it does be making me hairy at nighttimes when it is full.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:I hate most of all intellectual WUMs.......... especially of the moon watching Wiki kind...Wink

And I hate the moon itself because it does be making me hairy at nighttimes when it is full.
Do you then just howl at the moon, or go for some nocturnal feeding? Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:44 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Did you know that the moons gravitational pull on the earths first characteristic is to create a stabilising centrifugal grip on earth, keeping our poles in a very similar place. Mars can vary by a decent amount more as it has smaller moons.
Sooo.... you are saying size matters?

Its more a mass thing...

Force = Gravity x{(The Mass of Earth x The Mass of the Moon) divided by the distance between the centre of the masses of Earth and the Moon}

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:52 pm

Biltong wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I hate most of all intellectual WUMs.......... especially of the moon watching Wiki kind...Wink

Let's put it this way... heavy protein eating can make me belch ever so much... Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Biltong wrote:

Let's put it this way... heavy protein eating can make me belch ever so much... Wink
well if it is a group feeding, then you don't get all that much to eat, unless you're the alpha male?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 am

Alpha Male = Male always on internet talking with other men ??? then yes Very Happy
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

So what's the other men called?

There's going to be a fight with all that Alpha musk about!!!! boxing

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Data males!

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:37 am

Spoiler:

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:12 pm

gowales wrote:
Spoiler:

laughing
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm

HERSH wrote:Why is it when you have an opinion or a point of view on a subject (here on 606v2) that some people happen to disagree with it's called Trolling?

Its becoming very tiresome and boring, and IMO kills topics when people can't tell the difference between them.

clap clap clap

Well said HERSH. I agree with you 100%. It's tired that every opinion that is "controversial" is dismissed as cheap wummery or trolling. Some posters need to grow a thicker skin and get used to alternative view points and not go running under the trolling rock every time they read something they don't want to consider.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:14 pm

There is of course different ways to dsagree as well, the majority of poseters can disagree politely or diplomatically. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:15 pm

How polite, and diplomatic of you Biltong.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:19 pm

I agree to disagree.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

I disagree that you agree to disagree

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:47 pm

Do you agree that I disagree that you agree to disagree?

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:48 pm

(Okay I shall leave it there: that is my lexagraphical entertainment over for one night)

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Paradox.

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:02 pm

All you need to do is put forth a considered, intelligent argument. It's easy honestly. You should try it.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:42 am

For example the argument can be made that the English are too willing to celebrate their own medicority to truely reach the potential that is evidently latent in their massive player pool, avid fan base and cash rich national union. They should rule the game with such resources but somehow find themselves perennially flapping around in 4th-5th spot, self destructing through incompetent bureaucracy off the field and flacidly fopping around on the pitch indulging in a dull, limited and negative game plan that they can't seem to shake no matter how many times they change coaches and how many exciting players they import from elsewhere.

Now, this is a valid argument worthy of debate, but try making that point here and you'll be crucified and subjugated as a wind up merchant.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:46 am

Laugh AWOP you WUM Wink clap
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:27 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:For example the argument can be made that the English are too willing to celebrate their own medicority to truely reach the potential that is evidently latent in their massive player pool, avid fan base and cash rich national union. They should rule the game with such resources but somehow find themselves perennially flapping around in 4th-5th spot, self destructing through incompetent bureaucracy off the field and flacidly fopping around on the pitch indulging in a dull, limited and negative game plan that they can't seem to shake no matter how many times they change coaches and how many exciting players they import from elsewhere.

Now, this is a valid argument worthy of debate, but try making that point here and you'll be crucified and subjugated as a wind up merchant.

It's certainly worthy of a thread AWOP. Whether its worth posting on nearly every thread is a different point entirely Wink

Btw, today's Times has the traditional autumn anti-Haka editorial by some England player from the 70s on page 28.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Yep, lets face it Pete, if The Times posted their articles here, the staff will all be serving 7 day bans...

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:38 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Yep, lets face it Pete, if The Times posted their articles here, the staff will all be serving 7 day bans...

laughing
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down