The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brook-Khan talks confirmed

5 posters

Go down

Brook-Khan talks confirmed Empty Brook-Khan talks confirmed

Post by Pedro147 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:43 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/8160359/Eddie-Hearn-is-hopeful-that-Kell-Brook-will-face-Amir-Khan-after-opening-talks

Promoter Eddie Hearn has opened talks with Amir Khan's camp about a possible British super fight with Kell Brook.

The two fighters engaged in a heated war of words on Sky Sports' Ringside programme last week and Hearn, who promotes Brook, has revealed that a possible clash could be on the cards for next year.

Brook faces Hector Saldivia in a final eliminator for the IBF welterweight title on 20 October, live on Sky Sports, with the winner challenging for the belt early next year.

Hearn is hopeful that Brook will secure the title and set up a summer showdown with bitter rival Khan, who is expected to step up to his division in the near future.

"I first spoke to Asif Vali, Amir Khan's manager after the (Danny) Garcia fight, thinking about a potential Brook versus Khan fight in the winter or early next year," Hearn told Sky Sports News HD.

"Those discussions continued after their recent appearances on Ringside. I think this fight is inevitable, it's too big to be ignored. It's what the fans want to see, it's what the public want to see and I believe both fighters want the fight.

"Amir Khan believes he can deal with Kell Brook and Kell Brook certainly believes he can deal with Amir Khan.

"We've got business to take care of next week in a packed Sheffield Arena, a final eliminator against Hector Saldivia to become mandatory for the IBF title.

"We hope he will go on to face either Devon Alexander or Randall Bailey very early next year and then look at a Khan fight in the future.

"It's getting closer and closer and the first indications are coming from their team that they really want this fight."

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Brook-Khan talks confirmed Empty Re: Brook-Khan talks confirmed

Post by azania Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:50 pm

Great news. After Khan takes care of Hatton for the WBC title, he'll take on Brook in a unification. A real pick 'em fight. Brook's accurate and heavy punches against Khan's speed, greater skill and experience on the big stage.

I fear Devon Alexander can put a spanner in the works though.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:52 pm

It would be a great fight to make IMO. As things stand right now, I would favour Brook. Provided he gets his stamina sorted, I see him picking a close UD or late stoppage with his superior power.

I don't think Khan can KO Brook, and I think Brook has the better variety + inside game.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:57 pm

Khan has the greater experience in big fights which could play a factor. Also if it goes the distance, its a Khan win. Khan has excellent stamina and can maintain a high tempo for 12 rounds. I doubt Brook can even if he trains for it. I reckon Khan is the more naturally fitter guy and has more endurance. Not as durable as Brook though. Speed wins out although it only takes 1 punch to turn things around.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 12 Oct 2012, 2:58 pm

Khan doesn't have the chin to make real waves at welterweight. If Garcia can time and counter khan than brook, who is alot quicker and bigger, shouldn't have a problem

I also don't buy into Khan's power at welterweight, every pre match buildup he always says about his power, yet barring Judah which was a body shot he hasn't knocked out anyone of note and doubt he will get more powerul as he moves up as he isn't a huge lightwelter

Great fight for the fans and big domestic battle and will be competitive while it lasts

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 12 Oct 2012, 3:08 pm

He will never have a great chin, but it could be a case of him getting stronger as he gets to what is probably his natural weight division given his build. He appeared stronger and more durable when he moved up from LW to LWW. The punch he took from Maidana would have kept him asleep over a weekend if he were a LW.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 12 Oct 2012, 3:11 pm

But his power didn't heighten, and while he may have got tougher, he was a huge lightweight whereas he isn't a big lightwelter so he won't he too much tougher. He isn't tight at the weight so if he adds muscle to his frame it could slow him down or make him tire quicker and given his erratic style he does tire

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Fri 12 Oct 2012, 3:23 pm

I feel that if Brook tags him, he will score a KD, which if he doesn't go on to stop Khan, will naturally count towards a decision. As others have said, given his recent performance, Brook does tire towards the end of the fight. I believe a KD or two in Brooks favour would allow him to coast the last couple of rounds should the fight go the distance.

Like I said above, other than a freak cut, I don't see Khan scoring a KO.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 12 Oct 2012, 4:01 pm

hearn probably sees khan as a more winnable fight than alexander or bradley, and would earn a lot more too. i reckon this fight will be next up, and before either of them go for world titles. will also go to show this nonesense with eliminators hearn is trying to sell is rubbish. they are trying to delay brook getting in with a top fighter as long as they can, especially while they are selling well in sheffield. however khan still has way too much class for brook, and would win a an easy decision as far as im concerned.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down