The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A man with a plan

4 posters

Go down

A man with a plan Empty A man with a plan

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 19 Apr 2011, 1:57 pm

This will be of most interest, I suspect, to those with a passion for the state of rugby in Scotland.

Not many on here will be old enough to remember a burly, Hawick centre by the name of Alastair Cranston, first capped for Scotland in the mid-70s. However, the younger posters may have hear his name mentioned as chief executive of the Borders rugby club until 2005, shortly before the Reivers sad demise in 2007.

Either way, he is a man with a plan, a plan to rejuvinate Scottish rugby. Details are scant as yet, but here's what's reported in today's Herald: www.heraldscotland.com/sport... . I've searched the internet for the aforementioned discussion document, but couldn't find it - if anyone else has more luck, by all means pls post a link here. Anyway, from the little we know, what do any interested posters feel? It's worked before, albeit in other disciplies or on a smaller scale, but right now, given the parlous state fo the game, I'd consider almost anything

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

A man with a plan Empty Re: A man with a plan

Post by mckay1402 Wed 27 Apr 2011, 12:31 pm

Indeed. something has to be done. It's a shocking state of affairs that in just 30 years Scotland has gone from a grandlslam and semi final in the world cup to a shambolic husk of its former self. I don't remember Cranston as a player but if he can turn Scottish Rugby round with the SRU in place then he is a miracle worker and deserves sainthood.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu 28 Apr 2011, 11:13 am

Shwmae Asbo. Missing you in the Pub. Has Ummm upset you Wink

As an outsider it seems to me that you have a golden marketing opportunity at tge moment with the old firm situation. I'm sure that the Glasgow players do work in schools, but where are your PR men? It seems obvious to me, get a Celtic fan player and a Rangers fan player (preferably tge better/better known ones) to go to schools where sectarianism is an issue and show that rugby is a sport which is not tainted by such matters. Better still get out to the middle classes to promote the 'safe' nature of rugby supporting.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Thu 12 May 2011, 6:04 pm

A man a plan a canal Panama!

See what I did?

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content