The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 13 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 13 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 09 Jun 2015, 3:07 pm

To be honest the show has changed for the worse. The only character I am now fully invested in is Jon Snow.

Spoiler:

Stannis was my favourite character in the books and in the show. Now D&D have scunnered me pretty badly.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 13 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by compelling and rich Tue 09 Jun 2015, 8:47 pm

been banned by the Mrs from watching the last two until today when she got back from her holiday. enjoyed the john snow scene with the white walkers, but do agree with others that it simply wasnt stannis in the last episode and they did it simply for shock value. been that long since ive read the books that im forgetting many of the minor parts so trying to sit back and enjoy the tv show for just that, buts its pretty hard when there changing whole characters principles

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 10 Jun 2015, 9:09 pm

Hard to watch, man the Frak up, its a tv show FFS!

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:15 am

RinoGattuso wrote:Hard to watch, man the Frak up, its a tv show FFS!
So is the 10 o'clock news, but seeing people die of Ebola was harrowing and difficult to watch.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:47 am

I have finally caught up (well still have last weeks to watch) but I cant really see what all the fuss over the Sansa scene was, its based in a horrible world at a horrible time and involved a horrible bloke, I wasn't expecting rose petals on the bed

The White Walker battle was probably the best scene Ive seen on GoT it was brilliant and makes me wish Games workshop would get their fingers out and make a Warhammer film based around the Undead siege of Aldorf (Nerd alert)

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu 11 Jun 2015, 10:58 am

Dicey

I also didn't get the fuss about the Sansa scene - Ramsey never came across as the sort who would go for candles and mood music to seduce his new young wife.

Spoiler:

Yes, it's GoT, and bad things happen to good people, but this time it wasn't just that the storyline but also the tone of the scene that felt wrong.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:10 am

Dude he said he hasn't watched the latest episode Laugh

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:28 am

I've added the spoiler to Dummys post, hopefully Dicey didn't see it picard

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:39 am

Good show Uncle Paulie clap

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:47 am

Laugh Its alright lads I know what happened last week, it's impossible not to read spoilers these days

To be honest I am more shocked at Stannis than the Sansa scene

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 11:50 am

Azzy wrote:
RinoGattuso wrote:Hard to watch, man the Frak up, its a tv show FFS!
So is the 10 o'clock news, but seeing people die of Ebola was harrowing and difficult to watch.

Think the point he is making is that this is a FICTIONAL TV show, so why do people get so bent out of shape about these imaginary events that transpire in an imaginary world. These sorts of people should maybe stick to watching Comedy Central, people know what to expect from GOT, watch at your own peril..

Can empathise more with people who feel they are moving too far away from the books just for unnecessary shocks. It often bothers me greatly when shows/movies stray to far away from the books, to the point where they miss vital plot lines/character development etc.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm

That human caterpillar film was fictional, yet a friend of mine still suffers from sleepless nights having watched it. He knew what it was about, watched it, but will never shake it off. The human mind is a complex thing and regardless of the fictionality of a scene, the brain can take its imprint off in a thousand different directions. I think anyone who uses the word 'frak', and tells people to man up, shouldn't be taken seriously when it comes to discussing scenes of a disturbing nature. Jamie Bulger was killed after some kids watched horror films - fiction - and didn't 'man the frak up'. People kill themselves when, having lost a loved one, they get trolled online. A cousin of mine attempted suicide when one of the soaps (Corrie maybe?) ran a storyline on stillbirth that broke his heart and caused his marriage to break up when it had happened to him.

So no, no-one should do anything other than respect other people's experience of the show. And if that means laughing off-screen at other people finding a scene difficult to watch, then fine. But I won't have someone telling me or anyone else to 'man the frak up'. There's simply no need.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:21 pm

Do any of you read the prequel material like The Tales of Dunk and Egg?

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:22 pm

Firstly I would suggest following your own advice and not taking that post seriously, because that previous post of yours is not the post of a person who has ignored something they regard as worthless.

RE. The human Centipede. As sorry as I am to hear your friend still has trouble processesing what they saw, the fact remains that by watching it knowing full well what it contained, they have to shoulder some (if not all of the blame) for these sleepless nights. You know, free will and all that..

Lastly, this may be a personal view, but I would be inclined to view something that happened on a soap as more hard hitting than the same thing if it happened on GOT (e.g. r*pe). Simply because soaps are meant to replicate real life where as GOT is as fictional as it gets! As you say though, human minds work differently so me being able to distinguish between those 2 things doesnt mean everyone does.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:23 pm

I have, and I actually enjoyed them more. They had a purer quality to them, like the world was less troubled back then (as it actually was). It's only in reading those that you fully appreciate modern-day Westeros and all of its intrigue.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

Yeah I found the Seven Kingdoms a better place under Targaryen (The early kings at least) and in the case with Big Dunk and the fact he has descendants in the modern day Westeros it enhances the show for me

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

I'd love for them to film maybe two seasons of Dunk & Egg once the main show is finished. You could get some really great scenes with some great actors, and a lot of hype as well.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:31 pm

Melisandre said to Stannis, way back in series 2, that he would "betray his family and everything he holds close" (or something along those lines, I can't remember exactly) so last weeks 'incident' isn't that much of a "just for shock" moment.  Not to a non-reader anyway.

She set it up 3 years ago, he delivered on her prophesy.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Thu 11 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm

Azzy wrote:I'd love for them to film maybe two seasons of Dunk & Egg once the main show is finished. You could get some really great scenes with some great actors, and a lot of hype as well.

Yeah the stories were great, especially the second one with Ser Eustace and Lady Rohanne but the tournament scene and the Trial of Seven would be great to see

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:15 pm

I think the problem with The Human Centipede is that it is supposedly scientifically accurate. I'm sure there are some crazy folk that have tried to recreate it in some part of the world.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 11 Jun 2015, 4:37 pm

Guantanamo Bay. You know it's happened.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:54 pm

anyone who watches soaps needs burning at the stake, im going to have words with melisandre

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

I watched last weeks episode, the Stannis parts were very well done especially the seen with Davos and Shireen, I knew what was coming and I was holding back my emotions on the bus home from work watching it, when she was calling for her ma and da I nearly lost my sh1t Laugh but I agree with one of the above posts the should have given that part more time especially after the burning, cutting straight to the boring Dani and the pits didn't do anything, the Dragon part was cool but it looked too staged with Drogon seeming to burn guys who seem to be in a group of 4 everytime and if the Sons of the Harpy put their minds to it they could have taken Dani out with a spear when she was beside the Dragon but seemed to turn into Stormtroopers and miss both

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:02 am

The dragon part was awful. Remember, three dragons conquered all of Westeros. Now two spears injure it? Dragonscale is meant to be impenetrable Laugh

To add insult to injury, Dany's hair didn't move an inch during her dragon flight. All it would have taken is a £5 fan from Argos in front of the green screen, for heaven's sake.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:08 am

Laugh Its the wonders of television

They have had 3 really strong episodes in a row so I hope the last one doesn't fall flat and features more of Westeros than over the narrow sea (except Arya and the Paedo)

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:12 am

Hey, for all we know that was a young-looking 16 year old. Which is entirely legal in England.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

He'll be cruising the streets looking for pregnant women to sh*g so he can poke the foetus

"Younger"

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:25 am

Seemingly Ser Meryn is the polar opposite to Wayne Rooney. "Too old" says Meryn, "too young" says Wayne.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:27 am

Lady Olenna is perfect for Rooney

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:43 am

Er no, she quite fancied me actually. If I wasn't married I'd have asked her to dinner.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:45 am

"Too alive" says Jimmy Savile Run

Is the Dragon fully grown yet? One of the skulls in the crypt at Kings Landing is the size of a carriage. I don't think Drogon is quite at that level yet.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:50 am

Er no, she quite fancied me actually. If I wasn't married I'd have asked her to dinner.

Whatever your into mate Laugh

Is the Dragon fully grown yet? One of the skulls in the crypt at Kings Landing is the size of a carriage. I don't think Drogon is quite at that level yet

I think they are teenagers, well that's how I think of them especially Drogon

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 15 Jun 2015, 3:31 pm

So that's it until next April...when all the surviving cast members will be back on screen Smile

And George probably still won't have finished Book Six ...

Will wait until the rest of you have watched it before discussing the latest stuff ...though I actually quite liked how they did episode ten ( apart from annoyance that they've burned two thousand plus page books in ten one hour episodes )

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Mon 15 Jun 2015, 10:54 pm

I have to say I'm glad this season is now behind us, purely from an emotional standpoint. I cannot deny how well it's filmed and how each episode captivates in its own way. But the overall mood this season has, I feel, been overwhelmingly negative compared to past seasons. I mean, so many of the show's most interesting and likeable characters had been f&%@ed over before now and this season has taken such a heavy toll on the remaining core cast. There's been very little to celebrate in any of the character arcs. For someone who has extremely negative thought patterns as it is, it's been tough viewing.

Hopefully in the next season and the next book (if it ever gets finished) will bring some moral respite. I think it's deserved after all this.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:00 am

My thoughts:

Spoiler:

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:18 am

What annoyed me most was the amount of spoilers getting shotgunned all over social media, with absolutely no regard for those who haven't seen the show.

To make matters worse, the same people were really moaning about how they will have to wait 10 months to see what happens.

Some of us have been waiting for years.

furious

Knowsit17 wrote:
Hopefully in the next season and the next book (if it ever gets finished) will bring some moral respite. I think it's deserved after all this.

Unfortunately I think we'll all have to be gluttons for punishment. To quote Ramsay Bolton :

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention."

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:51 am

So... is Jon Snow really dead? Hard to accept ain't it.

It's possible he could be magic'd back to life. Personally I'm hoping he becomes 'White Walker Snow', and exacts his revenge by feasting on the brains of his enemies.

The Stannis story was a big anti-climax.

*The preceding may have contained spoilers, and should not have been read by anyone wishing to avoid same.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 11:06 am

incontinentia wrote:So... is Jon Snow really dead? Hard to accept ain't it.

It's possible he could be magic'd back to life. Personally I'm hoping he becomes 'White Walker Snow', and exacts his revenge by feasting on the brains of his enemies.

The Stannis story was a big anti-climax.

*The preceding may have contained spoilers, and should not have been read by anyone wishing to avoid same.

picard

if that was an attempt at humor it was about as funny as last nights episode.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 1:04 pm

That ending......really peed me off Laugh

Spoiler:
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:28 pm

Finally caught up with this, just in time for season 6.

My thoughts continue to be how on earth is his show popular, nothing good ever happens and the good characters are continually screwed over.

I say this every season yet continue to watch so there must be something in it, how epic it is is an attraction I guess. Did take me a year to muster the enthusiasm for this series though.

My main issue with the show is it is unnecessarily complicated, with far too many pointless story arcs. Brand story is so unnecessary he wasn't in this season.

At least last season had tyrion for some good feeling, stannis, john etc was just misery.

Marcellas death (spelling) was just cruelty for the sake of cruelty, awknowledges her father for first time only for him to have to watch her die (a lot lot quicker than that poison was demonstrated to act previously).

No idea where show was going, had assumed John was the great hope with potentially a royal mother but that's Frak now.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:36 pm

Hi guys. I'm hoping someone on here might be able to help me out.

Moved away from Sky and now I'm with BT. Don't have Atlantic any more. Does anyone know a good website to stream live (good quality) or somewhere you can watch it later? PM me please! It would be much appreciated.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:42 pm

Ent wrote:Finally caught up with this, just in time for season 6.

My thoughts continue to be how on earth is his show popular, nothing good ever happens and the good characters are continually screwed over.

I say this every season yet continue to watch so there must be something in it, how epic it is is an attraction I guess. Did take me a year to muster the enthusiasm for this series though.

My main issue with the show is it is unnecessarily complicated, with far too many pointless story arcs. Brand story is so unnecessary he wasn't in this season.

At least last season had tyrion for some good feeling, stannis, john etc was just misery.

Marcellas death (spelling) was just cruelty for the sake of cruelty, awknowledges her father for first time only for him to have to watch her die (a lot lot quicker than that poison was demonstrated to act previously).

No idea where show was going, had assumed John was the great hope with potentially a royal mother but that's Frak now.
You highlighted Myrcella's death as the cruel one, rather than Princess Shireen of the House Baratheon? Wales

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 21 Apr 2016, 3:53 pm

It was vaguely part of a story arc and how stannis had changed, also to do with red preistess visions (note she saw herself in winter fell and not stannis).

The way marcellas was done was just for the sake of cruelty.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzy Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:34 pm

I disagree. Myrcella's death was vaguely part of a story arc and how some people in Dorne won't forgive the Lannisters for the death or Oberyn.

Shireen was needlessly cruel, in that they didn't need to show her screaming for her father, her mother hanging herself, the army stood watching. As if there wouldn't be a riot watching a little girl being burned alive.

Azzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 21 Apr 2016, 4:45 pm

That story arc is pointless and fairly minor and there was no need for her to awknowledge Jamie as her father then die immediately. Just cruel for he sake of being cruel.

Stannis is a major story arc (that went out with a whimper), I wasn't even surprised stannis burnt her alive, it's game of thrones, it's what happens.

The main point is that terrible things happen, some with very little reasoning or just for the sake of it and you get conditioned to it.

Neds beheading shocked me, red wedding left me numb for days.

Little girl burnt at stake, meh. It's just misery after misery after misery.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Mon 25 Apr 2016, 11:40 am

So the new series starts - as we should have expected - with more bloodshed ... But you all knew that. So no spoilers angel

And , I must say , some unexpected turns. I am sure not everyone will approve and am fairly sure the divergence from the books (when George eventually gets around to showing us the next volume!) is continuing to develop.

But excellent TV drama. Looking forward to the next nine weeks.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue 26 Apr 2016, 9:20 am

Good start to the season, I'm getting bored with the Dani angle its just meh but that ending thought Shocked

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 26 Apr 2016, 10:18 am

Agree strong start to the new season, ending raises a lot of questions as well

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 26 Apr 2016, 12:08 pm

Ewwwww saggy jubblies vomit
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 26 Apr 2016, 1:45 pm

Good to have it back. I was starting to miss the experience of being mentally scarred at a weekly rate Shocked

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next