The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 16 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Tue 19 Apr 2011, 6:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Thu 19 Jun 2014, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 16 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Ent Wed 09 Aug 2017, 12:02 pm

I'm hoping there is some sort of twist or turn left as I can't stand Daenerys - maybe she will go crazy and Tyrion will do a Jamie on her.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 16 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Guest Tue 15 Aug 2017, 8:32 am

Another good, albeit nowhere near as action packed episode. probably needed after the culmination of last week

I hate, despise, mega loathe Baelish.....can't stand the man. he's an underhanded, sneaky little so and so and I can't wait for Arya to bring his life to an end with his own dagger

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 15 Aug 2017, 8:36 am

Wonder how Daenerys will react if and when she finds out what we just found out about Jon Snow? Wonder if she will bend the knee....

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:10 am

I personally hope Littlefinger lasts right up until the end of season 8 before meeting his demise, think the last season needs that overarching villain that set all the wheels in motion.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 15 Aug 2017, 9:19 am

lfc91 wrote:Wonder how Daenerys will react if and when she finds out what we just found out about Jon Snow? Wonder if she will bend the knee....

Well, we don't actually KNOW what Gilly was about to say, but it does look remarkably as though two men with competing claims to the Iron Throne have just gone of to form the Fellowship of the Ring White walker capturing party...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 15 Aug 2017, 10:40 am

Less sure than I used to be about exactly where all this is heading.

I have been a bit disappointed - if understanding the logic - in the way the TV show has been culling characters for no apparent reason and trimming down plot lines ; but this season seems to hint at a return to the less black and white characterizations that make the books so fascinating. Still very keen on the spectacular - and who can blame them? They've got dragons - but the narrative may indeed have a twist or two left in these abbreviated last seasons.

Is it just me or is Daenerys being deliberately painted as less and less like a suitable ruler ? Personally it is her rather stiff and pompous speechmaking that really jars ; but she is starting to look more and more like her father's daughter - a penchant for burning enemies alive being perhaps not an ideal quality in a People's Princess...OK , I get that some of her enemies aren't very nice people ; but still...

How about Sansa for the Iron Throne when it's all done and dusted ? Don't think Jon would be interested.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 15 Aug 2017, 11:19 am

Certainly both Sansa and Daenarys are developing dark sides, while the likes of Jamie, Arya and The Hound have always been somewhat ambiguous.

I think the Dany / Tarleys execution scene was more to do with establishing that she has the power and authority to carry out such things (after all, we've previously had Robb Stark and John behead prisoners), while the crushing of the Lannister Army was a tactical necessity and if you have air superiority (in the form of fire breathing dragons), use it...

Anyway, it was certainly an interesting episode from a narrative point of view last night (helped by having two scenes of Bronn :-) ), and I can understand it being relatively short of action (iirc, the body count was only 4, as opposed to the thousands from the week before).

Can't see how Sansa ends up on the throne even with Littlefinger pulling some strings - she has no hereditary claim and insufficient power / support.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 15 Aug 2017, 11:23 am

I'm disappointed in how the last few episodes have gone .. all of the hints and subtle plot points that led to all the theories and speculation in previous seasons are gone, and we're being smacked in the face by obvious answers

The pace of the show has gone too far imo. This episode had Jamie travelling from the Reach to Kings Landing, Tyrion and Davos travelling to Kings Landing and back again then Jon travelling beyond the wall - how does that make any sense

I think they would have been better off sticking to longer seasons, or make it 9 seasons. It feels like they're just rushing to a Hollywood finish rather than sticking to the story that GRRM would have written

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 15 Aug 2017, 12:26 pm

BamBam wrote:I'm disappointed in how the last few episodes have gone .. all of the hints and subtle plot points that led to all the theories and speculation in previous seasons are gone, and we're being smacked in the face by obvious answers

The pace of the show has gone too far imo. This episode had Jamie travelling from the Reach to Kings Landing, Tyrion and Davos travelling to Kings Landing and back again then Jon travelling beyond the wall - how does that make any sense

I think they would have been better off sticking to longer seasons, or make it 9 seasons. It feels like they're just rushing to a Hollywood finish rather than sticking to the story that GRRM would have written

Yes that's my feeling too. Guess it is altogether too big a story to tell on screen - even eight seasons requires a bit of cutting down. And to keep (expensive , now ) actors on one project for so long...

Dummy : I was being a bit flippant in advocating Sansa for queen -though by the time the internal wars and the white walker attacks are over she might be the only one left Smile
As for Dany frying prisoners I'd say there is a big difference between executing people (like Karstark) for dishonorable assassinations of innocents (fair enough) and killing basically honest soldiers after their surrender
just because they won't turn coat and serve the new mistress ? I mean if its just "all is fair in medieval warfare " then how is she any different from Cersei or any other tyrant ?

No matter : I will keep watching. Just hope we end up with a satisfactory conclusion rather than just a Lord of The Rings style final battle/wedding/coronation - which would be a little too obvious.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 15 Aug 2017, 12:32 pm

I really hope it doesn't have a happy ending, that come the end Baelish plays everyone off against each other and somehow claims the throne himself.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 15 Aug 2017, 1:25 pm

Hero wrote:I really hope it doesn't have a happy ending, that come the end Baelish plays everyone off against each other and somehow claims the throne himself.

No, I really want Varys to come out on top - much more cleverly sneaky than Littlefinger

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 15 Aug 2017, 2:11 pm

I think Snow takes the throne.

I don't think Cersei is pregnant, i think she's lying. I think she will kill Tyrion after he proves he was right to Jamie, and Jamie kills her, becoming the ultimate King/Queenslayer.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Aug 2017, 10:14 am

Apparently HBO Spain have accidentally released episode 6 (now been removed from their online streaming content) so tread lightly on Social Media and other internet pages as there are people posting spoilers who have seen it

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Wed 16 Aug 2017, 11:31 am

Morons

Both HBO Spain and the idiots ruining it for others

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Aug 2017, 2:45 pm

I just watched it Shocked

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 16 Aug 2017, 3:11 pm

Same dicey. I can't believe Hot Pie is littlefingers ba$tard son Shocked
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 16 Aug 2017, 3:17 pm

And Sam is really Arya Shocked

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 16 Aug 2017, 4:03 pm

Yeah that was quite a surprise that one.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 17 Aug 2017, 12:17 pm

Enjoyed that.

So John isn't a I am a twonk of the highest order and has legitimate claim to the throne. Will the characters ever know this, or is this just for the audience?

The storylines need trimmed down, it has gotten away from the author - what with 3 books becoming 5 becoming 7 becoming unfinished etc. Too many side stories and convoluted arcs.

Looking forward to next week.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 20 Aug 2017, 12:14 pm

https://soundcloud.com/user-490234385/five-nerds-go-to-westeros

Contains Spoilers

Listen to it it's decent (no really)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoncho Sun 20 Aug 2017, 8:07 pm

Will give it a listen at some point mate

Was reading the Brann is the night King theory earlier.....not a fan of it

MrPoncho

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 21 Aug 2017, 5:50 pm

Awesome episode this week, I'll keep it spoiler free but major happenings.

The most major of all being that next week is the season finale so only 7 episodes in the season, noticed they were a bit longer but what they said about there only being 13 episodes left after season 6 must be true.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 22 Aug 2017, 7:25 am

Episode 1: 59 minutes.
Episode 2: 59 minutes.
Episode 3: 63 minutes.
Episode 4: 50 minutes.
Episode 5: 59 minutes.
Episode 6: 71 minutes.
Episode 7: 81 minutes.

Episode lengths of this season Ent. Next week is like a film..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:12 pm

I can't bloody wait until next week, but not looking forward to waiting another year for final season. At least Vikings will be back on.

MrPoncho wrote:Will give it a listen at some point mate

Was reading the Brann is the night King theory earlier.....not a fan of it

I read that theory too, it blew my mind! It makes sense if you think about it...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 23 Aug 2017, 3:14 pm

BamBam wrote:Morons

Both HBO Spain and the idiots ruining it for others

Some social media page uploaded the entire spoiler with pics! I only seen it because some worthless individuals I'm connected with commented on it. Kind of ruined it for me as I was just waiting for it to happen and it took 60 long minutes.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by MrPoncho Mon 28 Aug 2017, 9:10 pm

HOLY POTATOES!!! Thoroughly enjoyed this finale I must admit. Finally that annoying Mr Winklechops is dead

MrPoncho

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 29 Aug 2017, 4:10 am

Excellent final episode clap

Will wait until everyone has seen it before discussion ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 29 Aug 2017, 7:26 am

Great episode. No messing around with that ending either.

Overall was a nice combination of revelations, twists and action.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:43 pm

Trying to avoid much by way of spoilers...

Generally thought it was good if (largely) obvious - the one big twist was the behaviour at Winterfell.

One very important revelation felt rushed.

Cersei living up to her reputation as Queen Bitch is always fun.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:53 pm

great episode but fell it is being rushed to finish which is kinda spoiling it for me. Some big reveals this series but it was short and instant plus we have to wait till 2019!!!!!!!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 29 Aug 2017, 12:55 pm

I don't see why we have to wait until 2019 for the finish, hate the creators for that. Any news on the GOT prequel that was proposed? That would be interesting.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:33 pm

Grand episode, can't wait for next season.

So am I right in saying that if Jon Snow & co had never gone to kidnap a white walker, night king wouldnt have got a dragon and therefore wouldnt have been able to pass the wall??
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:46 pm

incontinentia wrote:Grand episode, can't wait for next season.

So am I right in saying that if Jon Snow & co had never gone to kidnap a white walker, night king wouldnt have got a dragon and therefore wouldnt have been able to pass the wall??

Basically, yeah.

And if Bran wasn't a nosey little sod, he'd never have found out about Jon's lineage and it could've been the perfect love story.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:54 pm

Jon Snow is a lovely fellow but most of his military adventures are fairly disastrous...
Only the Knights of the Vale saved him from total destruction when he tackled Ramsey ; and his ventures north of the wall have brought nothing but Trouble.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 29 Aug 2017, 2:59 pm

Is he any worse than Stannis?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:07 pm

At least Stannis battered Mance.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 29 Aug 2017, 3:14 pm

I guess the wall's magical properties for keeping out the deadies isnt common knowledge in the GoT world.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 29 Aug 2017, 10:00 pm

incontinentia wrote:Grand episode, can't wait for next season.

Correct, but they wouldn't have had to if daeny had of listened to him.

Then again we wouldn't have had Roberts rebellion had he known he was ditched by lyanna.

Then maybe Jon wouldn't have shagged his aunt...

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:33 am

Its just cruelly ironic that the harder Jon tried to eradicate the white walkers, the more he ended up aiding them, whether contributing corpses to their army a la Hardhome or the hair-brained kidnap expedition beyond the wall which gifted them a dragon. Jon's squeaky clean goodie-2 shoedness is wearing thin for me, would like to see him a bit more ruthless.
How do we think the truth of Jon's parentage and claim to the throne will affect his and Dany's relationship in season 8?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 30 Aug 2017, 7:59 am

Anyone see the arial shot of the shape the white walkers appeared to form when crossing the wall?

Appears to be a very big hint at a certain fan theory..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 30 Aug 2017, 10:18 am

The White Walkers would have found a way through the wall anyway, they just had to do what the Wildlings did and attacked at Castle Black and went through the Wall

Its funny people going crazy about Jon riding his Aunty D when Jamie and Cersie have being at it since Ep 1 and had 3 kids Laugh

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:40 am

lfc91 wrote:Anyone see the arial shot of the shape the white walkers appeared to form when crossing the wall?

Appears to be a very big hint at a certain fan theory..

No?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 30 Aug 2017, 11:50 am

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 16 Landsc10

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:06 pm

Looks like the bear of House Mormont, so Jorah is a white walker since his disease!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:12 pm

The fan theory is it is the house stark dyrewolf. (Bran Stark = nightking theory)

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:16 pm

The Night King killing Jon Snow and winning is the only thing that can be a surprise at this point.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 30 Aug 2017, 12:16 pm

The Bran Stark nightking theory makes more and more sense every time I watch it, that would be crazy if true. The fans have already called the Jon and Dani hook-up, as well as Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen secretly being in love.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Aug 2017, 1:50 pm

e White Walkers would have found a way through the wall anyway, they just had to do what the Wildlings did and attacked at Castle Black and went through the Wall "

There's magic spells built into the wall making it physically impossible for the dead to pass
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:03 pm

Who is Azor Ahai? Have seen tons of theories on that.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Wed 30 Aug 2017, 2:28 pm

incontinentia wrote:e White Walkers would have found a way through the wall anyway, they just had to do what the Wildlings did and attacked at Castle Black and went through the Wall "

There's magic spells built into the wall making it physically impossible for the dead to pass

The wall is still mostly up, didn't stop them walking past

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next