The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

+66
gazzyD
mikey_dragon
MrPoncho
Beer
Fernando
jbeadlesbigrighthand
Scott is Back
kingraf
lfc91
Kevin Jones
JDizzle
RuggerRadge2611
Azzy
Nakatomi Plaza
President Trump
RinoGattuso
dancingweeman
Paul Mac 6CW
welshy824 (new)
trottb
Brys
TopHat24/7
incontinentia
seanmichaels
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
nadeem2099
MtotheC
hodge
Knowsit17
Fists of Fury
compelling and rich
Bull
jimmyinthewell68
Cyril
bsando
Ent
jeromedubois
ChequeredJersey
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
Hoggy_Bear
bluestonevedder
Hulking_up
Galted
GSC
BamBam
alfie
teassoc
propdavid_london
Dass
Hero
Biltong
hampo17
Adam D
Kenny
The Galveston Giant
CFCNick
Gregers
BigPhil
Scottrf
hornbloweroafc
AberdeenSteve
Dave.
ADMIN
randy-poffo
70 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 9 Empty Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by randy-poffo Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Did anyone catch the first episode last night on Sky Atlantic.If so what were you're thoughts on it.
I'm a fan of the books that the show came from and was a bit worried how it would come across on TV.But I Really enjoyed the first episode and thought most of the charchters came across well.I'm looking foward to watching the rest of the season.

Last edited by randy-poffo on Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 9 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by Rowley Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:22 pm

Yes I did, have loved True Detective, the pacing and acting throughout has been brilliant. Figuratively could not breathe when Rusty was walking around that cave thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Game of  Thrones - May Contain Spoilers - Page 9 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - May Contain Spoilers

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm

Yeh, has been superb, loving the soundtrack and whole cinematography piece.

Only dampener was I thought the end scene in the car park was maybe a little unnecessary and drawn-out, not sure it really added much.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Yeah not sure you’d particularly class it as a happy ending but was expecting the ending to be a little darker as that would be more in keeping with the rest of the series. Nit picking though, still a country mile in front of 99% of stuff on TV currently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:46 pm

Question is will they come back for a second.....?

Part of me hopes they don't, as the story works as a whole at the moment, wouldn't like it to get 'seriesy'. MM and Woody are big names to pull into tv and they pulled this off fantastically, but would like to see it being a one off.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:04 pm

Brilliant last scene, GoT at its very best!

Watched the end about 7 times last night, by the time I stopped the smirk was so intense I must have looked deranged Very Happy 

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:15 pm

I thought it was poor writing to have him choke on the pie, he deserved a more dramatic demise
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:08 am

incontinentia wrote:I thought it was poor writing to have him choke on the pie, he deserved a more dramatic demise

It may have been poor writing if he'd choked on the pie Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 am

Who do you think is responsible Brys? I bet it was the Andals, isn't their some reference to a pie in their sigil??
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:44 am

Wasn't the pie........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:55 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Question is will they come back for a second.....?

Part of me hopes they don't, as the story works as a whole at the moment, wouldn't like it to get 'seriesy'. MM and Woody are big names to pull into tv and they pulled this off fantastically, but would like to see it being a one off.
If you didn't already know True Detective is going to be a series but every series will have a different cast.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:03 am

incontinentia wrote:Who do you think is responsible Brys? I bet it was the Andals, isn't their some reference to a pie in their sigil??

I don't want to really say to much, I started reading the books back in the late 90's Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:13 am

Brys wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Who do you think is responsible Brys? I bet it was the Andals, isn't their some reference to a pie in their sigil??

I don't want to really say to much, I started reading the books back in the late 90's Smile
Oh, so that's how you know it wasn't the pie. Cool, don't give anything away!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:24 am

Thought it was obvious it was the wine, not the pie?

Hence why they're setting up Tyrion for the fall for it. Plus much easier to spike a glass of drink than to spike a whole pie that dozens are eating.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:46 am

Rowley wrote:As I am sure you can appreciate Top Hat under normal circumstances I would slaughter you for the excessive use of letters and punctuation, but hard to disagree. Had seen on IMBD the rating for this episode and watching it I was struggling to understand what made this episode so much greater than the rest, that it until the last five minutes. The way the tension built to the jaw dropper at the finish was outstanding. Series four has hit its straps now.

i knew exactly what was coming and i was still on the edge of my seat gripped with the tension between tyrion and joffrey

oh and less talk of true detective, i haven't seen the final episode yet

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Haha sorry, C&R. Should've wrapped the chatter in a spoiler!

It is absolutely stonking though!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

read the books so more shocks to come . little things altered here and there but its very true to the books

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:51 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:read the books so more shocks to come . little things altered here and there but its very true to the books

The producers have gone about it the right way involving GRRM considerably. There are many series/films that wee all over the stories that inspired them but they've taken care avoiding that oft-committed crime. And those minor changes they have made you could reasonably assume were made with the author's approval

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:24 am

Having reviewed the video evidence, Margery feeds Joffrey the pie. I'll bet she had something to do with it. I hope Cersy gets it next, a truly despicable woman.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:12 am

And then the sneaky snake that is Petyr Baelish...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:15 pm

incontinentia wrote:Having reviewed the video evidence, Margery feeds Joffrey the pie. I'll bet she had something to do with it. I hope Cersy gets it next, a truly despicable woman.

Leave Cersei alone , incontinentia !    Evil woman , indeed...but far too delicious a villain to bump off just yet...

(Which should not be taken as a guarantee of her continuing safety beyond the next couple of episodes : I wouldn't let on if she was due to depart anyway. But I would miss her...

Last edited by alfie on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Making sure no spoilers involved.)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:44 pm

Has anyone in Westeros ever tried using peaceful dialogue to settle their differences? come to think of it, a democratic election for the Iron Throne would save a lot of bloodshed.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 06, 2014 8:09 am

HODOR FTW!!

Really enjoyed tonights episode

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue May 06, 2014 2:25 pm

Enjoyed the episode too. In a way , the fact that they have departed quite a bit from the books , especially with events around the Wall , is making it more interesting for those of us who have read the books - as we no longer know quite what is going to happen next.
Imagine they will have to keep making further adjustments to bring the overall story back on track ; but I am wondering now if more of these "variations" might yet be employed to keep some interesting characters with us a bit longer than the written version would dictate...one or two I wouldn't mind having a longer run...we shall see.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue May 06, 2014 11:15 pm

The Hound adds to his legendary status- "I bet his hair was as greasy as Joffrey's c*nt!"

Laugh Laugh Laugh 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed May 07, 2014 1:28 am

incontinentia wrote:The Hound adds to his legendary status- "I bet his hair was as greasy as Joffrey's c*nt!"

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

i loved the armor and big f$"^ing sword comment as well

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu May 08, 2014 12:36 am

Hodor will pay the Iron price if Roose Bolton gets his mits on him.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu May 08, 2014 2:01 am

incontinentia wrote:Hodor will pay the Iron price if Roose Bolton gets his mits on him.

not too be too picky but the iron price is what the greyjoys pay, boltons probably will give him a good flaying

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Mon May 12, 2014 5:26 am

Excellent episode, Jon Snows character is really coming along, one of favourite along with the mother of dragons and was so close to being reunited with his brother. Things are starting to pick us pace now after a slowish start, can't wait for stanis and his army to arrive at the wall, that kicks off my favourite part of the books.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue May 13, 2014 6:49 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

Great episode last night, especially the ending- gave me shivers. This trial by combat... I'm guessing the crown will be represented by Jaime Lannister(assuming he can fight with his left hand now) and Tyrion will nominate Bronn to fight for him???

Or wait! Maybe Tyrion will nominate Jaime to fight someone of the crown's choosing. I guess whoever has first pick will choose Jaime. I hope Bronn doesn't get killed off!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue May 13, 2014 7:05 pm

the clues have been there with who will fight but you will have to think back the start of the series to guess who

yet more little changes last night from the book with the greyjoys meeting up, something which in the books doesn't happen till much later on. started to get worried they might start diverging from the books even more

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue May 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Fantastic show last night, the ending was epic and Tyrion's speach was one of the best of the entire show to date, such a great actor!

The crown will surely choose their great champion 'The Mountain' and for Tyrion it has to be between Bron and Jamie, saying that I can see Prince Oboran (spelling) wanting in if the crown does go with the mountain in an attempt to get revenge for his sister. Next week should be one of the best episodes of this season  Fingers Crossed

I wouldn’t say im too bothered about the show moving away from the books, as I haven’t read them I'm not worried about their integrity being protected so much, I think a change here or there to improve the story telling for TV is the right thing to do.

From what I’ve read GOT does stay true to the book in a way that say the walking dead doesn’t, that show has really pandered to the audience in keeping certain characters around longer than the comics ever did, but saying that TV and the quest for ratings will generally dictate how true to the original story is protected.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue May 13, 2014 9:51 pm

im more worried about the dumbing down they do for the american audiences, they feel the need to spell everything out by putting little bits in to help them along

in such a complex series it could ruin many a surprise, they have already done it a fair bit this series

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 pm

MtotheC wrote:Fantastic show last night, the ending was epic and Tyrion's speach was one of the best of the entire show to date, such a great actor!

The crown will surely choose their great champion 'The Mountain' and for Tyrion it has to be between Bron and Jamie, saying that I can see Prince Oboran (spelling) wanting in if the crown does go with the mountain in an attempt to get revenge for his sister. Next week should be one of the best episodes of this season  Fingers Crossed

I wouldn’t say im too bothered about the show moving away from the books, as I haven’t read them I'm not worried about their integrity being protected so much, I think a change here or there to improve the story telling for TV is the right thing to do.

From what I’ve read GOT does stay true to the book in a way that say the walking dead doesn’t, that show has really pandered to the audience in keeping certain characters around longer than the comics ever did, but saying that TV and the quest for ratings will generally dictate how true to the original story is protected.

This

But what an episode again, I think I let out a cry of anguish when the end credits started rolling....ruddy teases

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 pm

Easily the best episode this series. Love the dynamic between Tyrion and Tywin.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed May 14, 2014 10:49 pm

Fantastic episode. I can't wait for the trial by combat, I am intrigued to see if it will play out as it does in the books.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed May 14, 2014 11:03 pm

I echo dummy_half and trott.

Best episode of the best season of the best thing on tv at the moment.

Peter Dinklage is a master of his art, as are lots of the cast. Brilliant stuff so far.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed May 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Can only agree with much of the above, whilst never dull, this series was drifting a little and Jofry's death aside needed a change of pace. This episode delivered in spades, god action at the start and a genuine cliff hanger of a finish. Top drawer all round, even only had one ad break.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed May 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Peter Dinklage is a master of his art, as are lots of the cast.  Brilliant stuff so far.

Couldn't agree more, Tino. The acting throughout has been superb, especially Dinklage. He was great from the off, but the transformation from the light-hearted and jovial drunkard, of earlier episodes, to the dark and sinister personality that we are seeing now has made for absolutely compelling television.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Can only agree with much of the above, whilst never dull, this series was drifting a little and Jofry's death aside needed a change of pace. This episode delivered in spades, god action at the start and a genuine cliff hanger of a finish. Top drawer all round, even only had one ad break.

I agree, it seems to me that they may be struggling to keep all of the stories going simultaneously with the required balance of action and plot development. I don't know if you have read the books, but it is about this time when they were separated with each book covering 4 or 5 of the main characters /stories, as G.R.R Martin, thought that it would be too much.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Thu May 15, 2014 12:08 am

I almost have the feeling so far this series that I'm watching two different but related shows - alternate episodes seem to be Stark-based (i.e. Jon and the Night Watch, Arya and The Hound, now Sansa and Littlefinger) and then Lannister-based.

I haven't read the books, but do understand about their rather unique structure, so perhaps that is why there is a bit of a lack of flow to the narrative at the moment. Hopefully we'll get a few more storyline intersections in the next few episodes.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sat May 17, 2014 12:13 am

I just found out the actor who plays Theon is Lily Allen's brother. REEK FTW
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat May 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Apparently they wanted Lily Allen to play Theon's sister .. Given the scene on horseback early on that may not have been a good decision!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon May 19, 2014 8:03 am

That's why she didn't do it, she said she would be keen for a different role

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Great episode last night. I loved the scene in the dungeon with Oberyn and Tyrion. Really moving stuff. Hats off once again to Peter Dinklage, he is just a brilliant actor. Immense.

I can't wait for the next episode with Oberyn and the Mountain coming together. Two fearsome fighters clashing over honour, justice and revenge. It's going to be epic.

The relationship with the Hound and Arya is great as well. We saw a softer side to the Hound emerge which was interesting.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm

Last night was brilliant again. Enjoyed the scene with Jerome Flynn and Tyrian as well. Loved the fact Tyrian understood his position and they left as friends.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Rowley wrote:Last night was brilliant again. Enjoyed the scene with Jerome Flynn and Tyrian as well. Loved the fact Tyrian understood his position and they left as friends.

Yeah, that was a great scene as well. I hope Bronn stays around though, he has some great one liners.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue May 20, 2014 7:24 pm

I was disappointed the trial by combat wasn't on last night but a very good episode all the same. We all know Oberyn will win but should be a good battle all the same. Shame about Bronn leaving Tyrion, loved the dynamic between the two of them.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 20, 2014 11:38 pm

I'm not too sure, I think there's still one huge twist left to come this series

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed May 21, 2014 12:54 am

More than one
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Wed May 21, 2014 1:02 am

cant believe we have to wait two weeks till the next episode!

oh dont worry lads there are plenty of twists still to come, end of this season could well go down in tv history

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next