The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

+22
bellchees
Boxtthis
ShahenshahG
bhb001
Lumbering_Jack
J.Benson II
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
Seanusarrilius
Pekchenko
Mind the windows Tino.
shursty06
richiebrew23
jimdig
Union Cane
seanmichaels
The genius of PBF
manos de piedra
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
owen10ozzy
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) Empty Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:52 pm

Hiya folks,

Just heard some very sad rumours coming through from stateside. Word is quickly spreading that Erik Morales has allegedly tested positive for a USADA banned substance.

If true this is very sad and another sting for boxing.

I'll try and find out some more as the night progresses.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) Empty Re: Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by azania Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:53 pm

Hope it isn't true. Pity Garcia though. All that training and he looses a payday. Erik, if he did roid up, should be made to compensate Garcia.

azania

Back to top Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) Empty Re: Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 pm

From what I can make out the fight could still go ahead but without the title on the line.

My immediate (and other people who are actually out their) is that if he has failed a test it is probably for something related to helping with weight loss given his recent struggles on the scale.

Should the fight still go ahead? I would find it disturbing if it did!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:56 pm

No way should the fight go ahead. It legitimises steroids.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:27 pm

Should be abandoned if true and really hope it's not, an awful send off for a fabulous boxer

Garcia must be fuming, a fight cancelled just 2 days before its to go ahead

It's embarrassing if morales, a natural featherweight, can't make 140lbs as he has fat about his stomach normally and given the right training camp it should be easy enough for a professional to shed

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:32 pm

He's probably juicing to gain weight and strength. If the fight goes ahead and Erik wins, what then? Garcia has a legit loss against a juiced fighter? Ridiculous.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Sadly I can't find anything to suggest he is innocent at the moment lads. I have two sources out in the states at the moment and it's nothing but bad news from them so far.

From what I am hearing it could be a bit of a farce again with regards to the test results. Apparently they came back 3 days ago but only now has it come to light...

The postmen in the states must be horrendous!!

As to the drug itself no news on what it is that has shown up.

Again I will point out that it is still allegedly but the longer it goes on with no official comment the less likely that this is just a rumour!!

Az - Plenty of speculation as to what it could be...steroids is seemingly ticked off the list. Most people believing it would be something similar to Diuretic's...question marks had been raised about his weight less than 14 days ago Shocked Shocked

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:49 pm

There's buzz about it. Nothing has been mentioned to the press but there's things leaking all over the place:

http://halestormsports.com/2012/10/18/erik-morales-allegedly-tests-positive-for-banned-substance-is-fight-with-danny-garcia-still-on/:

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:55 pm

I have tweeted Goldenboy but they haven't got back to me (unsurprisingly) ...I suspect everyone involved will be thinking about the next thing to do from here.

Usually I don't buy into a few rumours on twitter where the buzz seems to be now, bur the fact I heard about it from a direct source in the states a few hours ago leads me to think there is a fair certainty to the speculation.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:21 am

Just heard it might just be rumour at the moment, I hope it is.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:24 am

Mrales was one of my favourite fighters so this would be extremelly disappointing if true.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 am

Where did you hear that School?

I have heard it has broken on 4 or 5 websites across the pond now, no major news outlet is picking up on it. But then again they wouldn't as they won't publish anything until confirmed.

Last contact with my source was an hour ago, apparently people are scurrying around trying to get hold of Schaefer & Oscar..to no avail.

Reports picking up that it is apparently a failed test for diuretic.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:38 am

Ok update - Robert Diaz of Goldenboy Promotions has now shot down the rumours of failed test. He has stated that 'if he had failed he wouldnt be licensed'...

Read into that what you want, given the fact Peterson v Khan went ahead after Peterson had failed a test!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:02 am

I got it from Steve Kim, Robert Diaz and been following the tweets. I'm sure Max Boxing will sniff something out though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 am

I'm trying to steer clear of twitter for this one as it usually contains rife rumours which just speed up and get out of hand.

I have exchanged a couple of direct messages with Matthew Macklin who heard rumours but knows nothing. Also messaged a couple of people associated with Goldenboy..

Apart from Diaz no one else has come out and spoken from Goldenboy.

My worry is that given how easily the Peterson saga was brushed under the carpet (well for 6 months odd) there is nothing stopping the same happening here...

Especially since all parties would know before the fight. If the positive test is for diuretics then I can't see Garcia not wanting to fight..

Reason being it would mean Morales has struggled to make weight (he didn't look in great shape just over 2 weeks ago) so think Garcia will fancy an easy nights work and nice pay cheque.

Obviously that is a pessimistic view on things but given the money at stake for all parties involved it just wouldn't surprise me to see everyone keep quite...publicly deny all allegations and continue on with things.

Lets hope that's not the case. I'm going to give it another hour and get hold of the lads stateside and see what's happening...but then off to bed for me as I am shattered.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 am

Ok have it on very good authority that Richard Schaefer has confirmed the news...announcement on the next move to come shortly.

Whispers suggest bout could still go ahead as the bout isn't under USADA sanctions but not world title to be at stake...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:38 am

Morales tested positive from his A sample...Tomorrow they get the results of the B sample.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:27 am

Doug Fischer has just noted there were "irregularities" with the results. I'd love if there was some clarity as instances like this give conspicuous thoughts all around. You got to feel Danny and the fans as there's a lot of stuff flying about.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:40 am

Another bit of contaminated meat apparently. Bloody chorizo makers these days......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am

I heard that one of three samples was contaminated ad that it contained minor traces of clenbuterol, a weight-loss drug.

Seemingly morales is blaming contaminated meat, which happened to a cyclist in 2010. He got banned when he tested positive for the same substance but it was latter found that it was contaminated food

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:25 am

What about the rest of us then, are we all eating meat contaminated with weight loss drugs, but because we are not taking drugs tests we never get to find out about it?

Or is there only a very small amount of contaminated meat about and Morales (and the cyclist) was just incredibly unlucky?

What is "chinny reckon" in Spanish?

chin

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:34 am

Union Cane wrote:What about the rest of us then, are we all eating meat contaminated with weight loss drugs,

Tophat isn't

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:42 am

Bloody vain cows, always worried about how fat they look.
My understanding is that diuretics are band as they act as masking agents. if confirmed the fight should be cancelled. Morales doesn't deserve his side of the purse, the game is enough of a disgrace, without continually breaking its own rules.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by richiebrew23 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:06 am

jimdig wrote:Bloody vain cows, always worried about how fat they look.
My understanding is that diuretics are band as they act as masking agents. if confirmed the fight should be cancelled. Morales doesn't deserve his side of the purse, the game is enough of a disgrace, without continually breaking its own rules.

clen is a fat burner that effects the central nervous system, and is meant to be one of the only fat burners out there that doesn't affect lean muscle too much. used as masking is doubtful as the reason he was stripped of his strap in his last fight was due to not making weight, then they find a fat burner/aid in his system. hmmmm Whistle

t

richiebrew23

Back to top Go down

Post by shursty06 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:42 am

richiebrew23 wrote:

clen is a fat burner that effects the central nervous system, and is meant to be one of the only fat burners out there that doesn't affect lean muscle too much. used as masking is doubtful as the reason he was stripped of his strap in his last fight was due to not making weight, then they find a fat burner/aid in his system. hmmmm Whistle

t

Clen is an asthma drug which will benefit in more than just fat burning. Will allow to do more cardio etc as well as helping to burn fat.

shursty06

Back to top Go down

Post by richiebrew23 Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:47 am

shursty06 wrote:
richiebrew23 wrote:

t

Clen is an asthma drug which will benefit in more than just fat burning. Will allow to do more cardio etc as well as helping to burn fat.

i have a basic understanding as to the medical purpose of the drug - so, either morales used it to help him through CV work or to lose weight, either way, both is cheating. it raises energy levels like ECA, but is mainly used to lose weight.

richiebrew23

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:54 am

shursty06 wrote:

This is the best news I have heard all day. I have just been diagnosed with asthma. Genuinely, I have. At the age of 34 as well. How random.

If I sit around all day puffing on my ventolin, will my love handles just drop off or do I still have to exercise?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
shursty06 wrote:

This is the best news I have heard all day. I have just been diagnosed with asthma. Genuinely, I have. At the age of 34 as well. How random.

If I sit around all day puffing on my ventolin, will my love handles just drop off or do I still have to exercise?

Yep, a couple of puffs a day on that bad boy and you'll be fighting off women like Lumbering Jack.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:25 am

seanmichaels wrote:Yep, a couple of puffs a day on that bad boy and you'll be fighting off women like Lumbering Jack.

I always thought LJ was a man...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

alma wrote:
diagnosed with asthma or just plain lazy?

Asthma, genuinely.

Although I am exceptionally lazy as well so it won't bother me that much.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:30 am

alma wrote:
shursty06 wrote:

Don't get me started on this. Without intentionally offending anyone, have you noticed how many thick kids are getting diagnosed with dyslexia. Likewise how many lazy fat women contract M.E.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 am

alma wrote:It's laughable that seemingly intelligent people can't differentiate between there, their or they're.

Pedant.

Your right though, there doomed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pekchenko Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
alma wrote:
shursty06 wrote:

Don't get me started on this. Without intentionally offending anyone, have you noticed how many thick kids are getting diagnosed with dyslexia. Likewise how many lazy fat women contract M.E.

The worst one for me is the number of kids who now supposedly have 'ADHD'- the old terminolgy for this affliction was 'little sh*ts!!'. They are then given all this 'treatment' on the NHS paid for by our taxes, when in reality a trip to Burtons for a 7.99 belt with a nice solid buckle would do the trick!!!

Pekchenko

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:35 pm

HAHA ^ Peckchenko...

Anwyays, I've heard the fight will still go ahead as the results won't be clear until Sunday.

Doug Fischer referenced it and it's on the Ring: http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/175347-morales-tests-positive-for-a-banned-substance-before-garcia-rematch-

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

So sad. Not sure if anyone mentioned this above, but I hear he tested for Clen (my mate told me), and that burns fat and not muscle, apparently. Agree with Az on this. If the fight goes ahead they are legitimizing roid use. America is really screwing up the sport by not punishing its drug abusers

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Union Cane wrote:What about the rest of us then, are we all eating meat contaminated with weight loss drugs, but because we are not taking drugs tests we never get to find out about it?

Or is there only a very small amount of contaminated meat about and Morales (and the cyclist) was just incredibly unlucky?

What is "chinny reckon" in Spanish?

chin

I've been eating burgers for years to try and get some of this mystery diuretic contaminated weight-loss meat.

I now weigh 20st. Sad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:27 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I now weigh 20st. Sad

And that's just one leg.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

I'm all for banter, but I bet Tophat isn't this "Jabba the Hutt" you're all making out.

Anyway - this is bull. How can they do a drug test, fail and then still agree to fight? It honestly makes the whole sport look silly.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:30 pm

Union Cane wrote:

And that's just one leg.

Yeh, the middle one...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

And that's just one leg.

Yeh, the middle one...

A 20st knob?

You have Trussman hanging between your legs?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:33 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I'm all for banter, but I bet Tophat isn't this "Jabba the Hutt" you're all making out.

Lol thanks for the back-up JM2, but I am the architect of my own downfall as I pointed it out on another thread re disrcimination. I am fat as a result of choices I have made therefore I don't consider it 'discrimination' if someone takes the urine because of it. Which is my attitude to anything I consider a choice (as opposed to skin colour, gender etc).

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

And that's just one leg.

Yeh, the middle one...

A 20st knob?

You have Trussman hanging between your legs?

haha I actually Laughed Out Loud to that, got some funny looks in the office....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Oh well, if you're happy with it mate - you'll always get the malicious ones, although so far no malice has been detected boxing

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Morales failing a drugs test doesnt surprise me.
What surprises me is how naive the general public are regarding drug use in sport.

How many more athletes need to fail tests before the public become aware that a significant amount (a vast majority in some sports) of professional athletes (both past and present) use PED's?

Looking at the current Ring Magazine Top 10 P4P list, it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if all of the names on the list are using (or have used) banned PED's.

The whole career/success/financial wealth of an athlete (in this case a boxer) relies heavily on physical performance and athletic abilitiy........and there are substances which exist that can greatly enhance these abilities.
Therefore, rather than asking why an athelte chooses to use PED's, the question instead should be "why wouldnt they?"

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:56 pm

No surprise, as Benson, has pointed out. Drug abuse is rife in boxing, Morales testing positive is just him putting the contest on a level playing field.

And as for the government putting a label on everything, one of the most infuriating pieces of legislation around.

Dyslexic people are not dyslexic on the whole, they are stupid. Fat people are fat because they eat too many cakes, not that apparent under active thyroid. Some people are happy being disgusting sloths, leave them to it I say.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:29 pm

shursty06 wrote:

34? Erm And I'm a smurf

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm

bhb001 wrote:
shursty06 wrote:

34? Erm And I'm a smurf

How very dare you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:40 pm

Tino I think it will help you lose a little weight but the amount in dosage needed to make it noticeable would probably cause you no end of trouble. Seizures, headaches etc.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Tino I think it will help you lose a little weight but the amount in dosage needed to make it noticeable would probably cause you no end of trouble. Seizures, headaches etc.

That won't bother me, Shah. I'll be gangsta trippin.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:44 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Tino I think it will help you lose a little weight but the amount in dosage needed to make it noticeable would probably cause you no end of trouble. Seizures, headaches etc.

Girly man boobs / seizures, headaches?

You know what to do Tina

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next