The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

+22
bellchees
Boxtthis
ShahenshahG
bhb001
Lumbering_Jack
J.Benson II
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
Seanusarrilius
Pekchenko
Mind the windows Tino.
shursty06
richiebrew23
jimdig
Union Cane
seanmichaels
The genius of PBF
manos de piedra
School Project
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
owen10ozzy
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) - Page 2 Empty Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 18 Oct 2012, 10:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hiya folks,

Just heard some very sad rumours coming through from stateside. Word is quickly spreading that Erik Morales has allegedly tested positive for a USADA banned substance.

If true this is very sad and another sting for boxing.

I'll try and find out some more as the night progresses.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by Boxtthis Fri 19 Oct 2012, 4:30 pm

Sad news. Clenbuterol helps with both fat loss and increased cardio. Since it was only trace amounts, he might well get away with it. The crux of the matter seems to be the fact that in the US (and presumably in Britain) the foods standard people won't let meat be sold with clenbuterol in it. This isn't the case in Mexico however. So, his 'contaminated meat' excuse might hold if the levels are consistent with those that you can get directly from eating meat. Maybe he is innocent, but you're inclined to go with the 'no smoke without fire' line of thinking, given that boxing has been exposed as a PED-addled sport over the last year.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly) - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Boxer Fails Drug Test (Allegedly)

Post by bellchees Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:31 pm

Boxtthis wrote:Sad news. Clenbuterol helps with both fat loss and increased cardio. Since it was only trace amounts, he might well get away with it. The crux of the matter seems to be the fact that in the US (and presumably in Britain) the foods standard people won't let meat be sold with clenbuterol in it. This isn't the case in Mexico however. So, his 'contaminated meat' excuse might hold if the levels are consistent with those that you can get directly from eating meat. Maybe he is innocent, but you're inclined to go with the 'no smoke without fire' line of thinking, given that boxing has been exposed as a PED-addled sport over the last year.

The only reason there is a maybe about it is because Morales is so well liked. If it was say Rios or Chavez Jr in the same situation who are weapons grade tools people would be all over them. Someone struggling to make weight then tests positive for a drug that helps shed weight is just too dodgy. The fight will still go ahead though as it is better for everyone apart from the sport itself.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:34 pm

bellchees wrote:
Boxtthis wrote:Sad news. Clenbuterol helps with both fat loss and increased cardio. Since it was only trace amounts, he might well get away with it. The crux of the matter seems to be the fact that in the US (and presumably in Britain) the foods standard people won't let meat be sold with clenbuterol in it. This isn't the case in Mexico however. So, his 'contaminated meat' excuse might hold if the levels are consistent with those that you can get directly from eating meat. Maybe he is innocent, but you're inclined to go with the 'no smoke without fire' line of thinking, given that boxing has been exposed as a PED-addled sport over the last year.

The only reason there is a maybe about it is because Morales is so well liked. If it was say Rios or Chavez Jr in the same situation who are weapons grade tools people would be all over them. Someone struggling to make weight then tests positive for a drug that helps shed weight is just too dodgy. The fight will still go ahead though as it is better for everyone apart from the sport itself.

Absolutely spot on bell. People become very rational when its a liked boxer. This board would be on meltdown in Chavez was the one with it. For crissakes some here were critical for the punishment when he was fund to have spliff in his system.

For me the fight should not go ahead. Erik should be banned for 2 years at least.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:52 pm

Its not an official fail until test B is done. Test A is a test done to make sure there are no mistakes ..so on.. you then do test B which goes on record.

So you cant really call him guilty until the Test B comes through.

What is a bit silly is apparently the results for test B wont come in until after the fight, which defeats the object of doing drug tests anyway!

We will either hear that the B Test was positive and find out after the fight that he was on drugs.

Or we will hear that the B test was negative, and still ask the question what if it was positive and the fight had already gone ahead?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 5:55 pm

tunes666 wrote:Its not an official fail until test B is done. Test A is a test done to make sure there are no mistakes ..so on.. you then do test B which goes on record.

What is a bit silly is apparently the results for test B wont come in until after the fight, which defeats the object of doing drug tests anyway!

We will either hear that the B Test was positive and find out after the fight that he was on drugs.

Or we will hear that the B test was negative, and still ask the question what if it was positive and the fight had already gone ahead?

You have to be kidding me.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:11 pm

If the fight goes ahead it will affect Garcia in an adverse way. Just imagine him thinking he's up against a drugged up fighter. What if he lands and has no real effect. GBP are jokers for going ahead with it. No other sport deserves clean athletes than boxing by its very nature.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:17 pm

azania wrote:
tunes666 wrote:Its not an official fail until test B is done. Test A is a test done to make sure there are no mistakes ..so on.. you then do test B which goes on record.

You have to be kidding me.

according to ESPN..

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8522413/erik-morales-fails-drug-test-fight-danny-garcia-barclays-center-saturday

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:31 pm

It is going ahead. Weigh in is being done as we speak.

Bellchees hit the nail on the head...the fight will go ahead because everyone will benefit from it financially.

It's a disgrace but a sad reflection of the times that greed outweighs every other natural instinct which argues against this fight going ahead.

I am not surprised purely on the basis the Peterson v Khan fight went ahead despite Peterson failing a test before the fight!

I stated earlier somewhere (may have been here) that I was doing an article on this subject today. I genuinely have to re-draft it a few times and then stop because I was getting so infuriated writing it.

I will finish it and share it with you all as soon as I can but for the time being i have stopped working on it because I just know that it will end up being very bitter and blinkered I i continued in my current mood!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:39 pm

Too add to the woes of this card Cano has just come in 1 & half pound overweight and will now have an hour to get down to 147.

What a farce this is all turning into. Boxing needs to get a grip!!

Oscar looks absolutely furious...although how he has the audacity given he is sanctioning a possible drug user to fight is beyond me!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:40 pm

I'm not trying to be clever but don't USADA have to take some heat for this? Why test someone, particularly when they (presumably) know, that the B-sample won't be ready before the fight? What happens if Garcia suffers serious injury then a day later the sample B corroborates the A Sample? The litigation issues for USADA and whatever boxing board it is could bring them down.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:45 pm

Sean - From my understanding and from what people have said USADA actually don't have sanctions etc built into the contract.

The tests are done as part of what now seems a 'smoke screen' to make it seem like things are being done...

When it would seem they actually matter very little as it is the state commission & promoters who decide whether the fight will go ahead or not. The USADA has no power to stop the fight from happening regardless of the outcome of the tests!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 6:47 pm

GBP are putting themselves in a precarious position if anything serious happens to Garcia. They could be sued for allowing a juiced boxer to fight. Even in the unlikely event that Garcia loses, can that loss ever be legit?

Shameful day for boxing in general and GBP in particular.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:02 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:It is going ahead. Weigh in is being done as we speak.

Bellchees hit the nail on the head...the fight will go ahead because everyone will benefit from it financially.

It's a disgrace but a sad reflection of the times that greed outweighs every other natural instinct which argues against this fight going ahead.

I am not surprised purely on the basis the Peterson v Khan fight went ahead despite Peterson failing a test before the fight!

I stated earlier somewhere (may have been here) that I was doing an article on this subject today. I genuinely have to re-draft it a few times and then stop because I was getting so infuriated writing it.

I will finish it and share it with you all as soon as I can but for the time being i have stopped working on it because I just know that it will end up being very bitter and blinkered I i continued in my current mood!

Its Golden Boy.

The first Peterson fight only went ahead because again the B sample was held off till after the fight... basically they see the A test and then put the B test back so officially they have not failed until the B result comes through.. sometimes the B test may pass, but it should still have the results before the bout. The Second Peterson fight was called off But I think Golden Boy tried to hold off for the B Test again as that's why it was called off so close to the fight as the Doping Agency said Golden Boy did not sign something they should have to allow the B test results in (something like that)... So to me it sounded like they tried and failed on the second bout.

Makes you wonder if those rumors about the sweet and innocent white toothed Floyd Mayweather were true or not. Money rules. (sadly)

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:04 pm

Az - Garcia would have a right to withdraw from the contest. That I have no doubt about. Even if GBP threatened to sue him it would never hold up in any sports arbitration court due to the nature of the sport and the simple fact that Morales failed an initial test.

The fact is that Garcia want's to get paid to so is seemingly happy to go ahead with it. Unless there was evidence to suggest Garcia was completely tied into fighting regardless of the failed test then I would feel little sympathy for the fella if he was to lose.

That on the face of it sounds harsh but the fact of the matter is, having studied and gained a basic understanding of Sports Law, I am more or less certain that Garcia could pull out of the fight & still get paid, probably not as much as going ahead with it but certainly still a fair amount.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:10 pm

Just read that the WBC only recognise drug tests carried out on the day of the fight, so according to them there is no problem.

The mind boggles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:17 pm

I was supporting Morles and I picked him to win, I will now be supporting Garcia all the way!!!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:17 pm

Firsty have got to say I am gutted about this Erik is one of my favourite boxers of the modern era, last person I would have expected or wanted to see involved in this.

However I would have to say if the promoters, governing bodies and various powers that be are going to ignore test results and let fights go ahead anyway what is the point of haivng them. Surely if anything goes wrong allowing a juiced fighter into the ring is far worse from a moral and legal persective than not testing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 7:36 pm

Its all sorted. Nothing to worry about. The WBC overlord Snr Jose Sulaiman said all reports are untrue. That bastion of virtue has spoken.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:00 pm

Peterson did not fail a test before the first fight...He took pellets before the fight and was only doing commision testing (poor standard of testing which cant catch anyone unless the person is thick like Tarver)

Peterson did VADA testing months after which they found testeorone was still in his system months after he went through with it.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:11 pm

tunes666 wrote:

Its Golden Boy.

The first Peterson fight only went ahead because again the B sample was held off till after the fight... basically they see the A test and then put the B test back so officially they have not failed until the B result comes through.. sometimes the B test may pass, but it should still have the results before the bout. The Second Peterson fight was called off But I think Golden Boy tried to hold off for the B Test again as that's why it was called off so close to the fight as the Doping Agency said Golden Boy did not sign something they should have to allow the B test results in (something like that)... So to me it sounded like they tried and failed on the second bout.

Makes you wonder if those rumors about the sweet and innocent white toothed Floyd Mayweather were true or not. Money rules. (sadly)

Tunes talking drivel as usual...if money talks surely Lance Armstrong could off paid off USADA right?

The rumours were started by Mayweather haters and a writer with a agenda in Gabriel Montoya...This of course turned out to be false.

USADA showed all the Mayweather fights testing results on it's site...None of the tests were positive.

You do know Gabriel Montoya was threatened with a lawsuit if he didn't back down in his claims about Mayweather, Golden boy and USADA?

I would be more worried about Manny Pacquiao's strength and conditioner Alex Ariza and why he has worked with a admitted drugs cheat in Larry Olubamiwo. thumbsup

Golden Boy was angry with Peterson and VADA because they did not inform them a month before the fight of Peterson A sample testing positive...Golden Boy could not bring a replacement for Peterson for Khan as there was only 10 days left before the fight when they found out.

Golden Boy lost millions of course they would be angry.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:12 pm

rowley wrote:Firsty have got to say I am gutted about this Erik is one of my favourite boxers of the modern era, last person I would have expected or wanted to see involved in this.

However I would have to say if the promoters, governing bodies and various powers that be are going to ignore test results and let fights go ahead anyway what is the point of haivng them. Surely if anything goes wrong allowing a juiced fighter into the ring is far worse from a moral and legal persective than not testing.

How many people said that about Armstrong?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:14 pm

By the way the B sample results are in today not after the fight...Garcia Dad said if it is positive the fight is off.

I doubt the fight will take place.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:15 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

Its Golden Boy.

Tunes talking drivel as usual...if money talks surely Lance Armstrong could off paid off USADA right?

The rumours were started by Mayweather haters and a writer with a agenda in Gabriel Montoya...This of course turned out to be false.

USADA showed all the Mayweather fights testing results on it's site...None of the tests were positive.

You do know Gabriel Montoya was threatened with a lawsuit if he didn't back down in his claims about Mayweather, Golden boy and USADA?

I would be more worried about Manny Pacquiao's strength and conditioner Alex Ariza and why he has worked with a admitted drugs cheat in Larry Olubamiwo. thumbsup

Golden Boy was angry with Peterson and VADA because they did not inform them a month before the fight of Peterson A sample testing positive...Golden Boy could not bring a replacement for Peterson for Khan as there was only 10 days left before the fight when they found out.

Golden Boy lost millions of course they would be angry.

Mate, they're all juicing in one way or another. Athletics 1st, cycling 2nd, boxing 3rd. They're working down the pyramid of money and good on them for it. The crown green bowls lot are currently bricking it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:20 pm

Not everyone is juicing I would say at least 50% of the champions and contenders are.

You should read about Juan Manuel Marquez current strength and conditioner...http://www.pendlayforum.com/showthread.php?t=6611

Read that interview from the man himself back in 2008 I believe.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 8:31 pm

Michael, Doug or Lem ‏@ringmagazine

Angel Garcia told us even if they came back with more money, if the Morales B sample test comes back positive, the fight is off #boxing

From twitter...Like I said the B sample results come back today not after the fight.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:08 pm

If the B sample comes back dirty, lets hope they stick with their threat. GBP can't do Jack except ruin his career after.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:15 pm

It is not up to Golden Boy...It is up to the New York Commission if the fight goes ahead or not

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:17 pm

Ok.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:25 pm

GBP are going to have to up their own testing - starting from early in their own camps because if they don't they'll lose out millions each time. Anyone with a ounce of financial sense ought to do the same.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:33 pm

Does anyone thinks the powers that be have any interest in fighters so long as they make money? They are just commodities to be used to put bums on seats and then discarded when they pass their sell by dates.

Apparently TMT promotions claim drug testing will be mandatory for all their fights. Nice one Floyd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:34 pm

Floyd Mayweather is not part of TMT promotions.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:37 pm

Im hearing Morales B sample came back positive

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:38 pm

Isn't he? I was under the impression that with a name like "The Money Team" and with 50 Cents being involved, Floyd will have something to do with it.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:39 pm

Maybe a rematch with Khan. Lets see him have a 2 week break and get ready for Dec 5th.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Fri 19 Oct 2012, 9:44 pm

50 cent tried to break up the partnership with Al Haymon, Golden Boy and Floyd Mayweather...Mayweather has nothing to do with tmt promotions.

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article13399.html

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 20 Oct 2012, 1:43 pm

i dont beleive that article, it doesnt seem very credible.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sat 20 Oct 2012, 11:45 pm

The fight hype article is credible...It has been backed up by Leonard Ellerbe, David Levi and Floyd Mayweather.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 21 Oct 2012, 12:13 am

That does surprise me. I suppose the next 24/7 will shed light on the friendship between 50 and Floyd.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2