The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade?

4 posters

Go down

Should I get fitted and buy the Titleist 913 woods/hybrids

Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_lcap33%Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_lcap33%Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_lcap0%Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Empty Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade?

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 23 Oct 2012, 4:34 pm

First attempt at putting a poll together to canvas opinion, apologies if it all goes wrong!

In theory I am a bit of a marketing departments dream in the world of golf clubs, but this is tempered by an unwillingness to part with hard earned sterling. So I have never owned "current" models of woods, always opting for the cheaper previous model (Nike Ignite at the end of it's shelf life, old Cobra (which was poo!) and now the Titleist 909 when the 910 came out). I haven't had woods fitted before so as a treat (and reward for getting to and staying at Cat 1 all season) I am toying with being fitted for the new 913 range from Titleist as an upgrade for my current, unfitted 909 range.

Golfing wise, I am fairly good with the current driver and hybrid and a bit erratic with the 3 wood (all with aldila voodoo stiff shafts).

Obviously all my own decision, and I kind of have an inking of what I'm going to do, but thought it might be interesting to gauge opinion.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade? Empty Re: Titleist 913 - Woods upgrade?

Post by Gareth_NI Tue 23 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

Go to your nearest fitter and request a fitting of both...

Gareth_NI

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 23 Oct 2012, 9:56 pm

Voted for 910s. If you can get your fitting on them then that would make it ideal IMO. I don't think the 913s will give you that much extra (if anything) and the 910s give you the (pointless?) adjustability that the 909s don't give you.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by goldwolf Wed 24 Oct 2012, 7:58 pm

Don't get sucked in by all the marketing nonsense, the new drivers are no better than any others from recent years!

I've never once bought a latest model driver in all my time playing the game.

My opinion of course, don't shoot me!

goldwolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 25 Oct 2012, 1:33 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. That's two apiece so far with Titleist apparently not having been ruined by the Koreans yet!

I'm thinking 910s tbh provided you can still get fittings on "old" models (in case they restrict shaft options to push you towards the new, expensive models).

I have used a couple of adjustables (inc a couple of 910 D3s with different shafts) and adjustability did seem to have a positive impact on my long game. It tempers the natural left right fade and mitigating against the disaster block or slice.

I doubt there's more than a few yards length wise between 909 through 913 but I reckon the dispersion could be tighter.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down