The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

+11
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
CJB
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
Adam D
pullthestrings
'Arry
LukeLovesLuka
Driver
15 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the 4th season of the fantasy aviva premiership game

This Weeks match thread(s) :- TBA

Season One Homepage (Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part One(Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part Two(Archived)

Rules

Fixture/Results list

League Table

Top Points Scorers

Top Try Scorers

European Homepage

LV Anglo Welsh Cup Homepage

Transfer Homepage

Press Releases

Unavailable Players

Waiting list for a team

1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Teams
Bath RFC
Manager:- 207bars

Exeter Chiefs
Manager:- RugbyDriver

Gloucester
Manager:- Anonmattyt

Harlequins
Manager:- Steve_sharks

Leicester Tigers
Manager:- LukeLovesLuka

London Irish
Manager:- stnick88

London Wasps
Manager:- Arry

Newcastle Falcons
Manager:- PoolyPunk

Northampton Saints
Manager:- Dammit_Chris

Sale Sharks
Manager:- SirJohnnyEnglish

Saracens
Manager:- LDCPete]

Worcester Warriors
Manager - Prop_Lyd

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm; edited 16 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 1:43 pm

Espn

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 7 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by 'Arry Sat 28 May 2011, 1:56 pm

Bloomin heck!! If anyone has a decent link for it please post it on here!

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 May 2011, 3:36 pm

Schalk Brits is simply superb. His incredible improvement in his Lineout throwing has put him up with the very best hookers in the world as well as being one of the best forwards in terms of loose play in the world.

Farrell as Englands 3rd 10 at WC anyone? Certainly an option if he keeps up this form

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 4:16 pm

Amazed they took de kock off he was on fire. Saracens play better with him at 9. Offers the threat around the base that wiggles doesn't

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 May 2011, 4:21 pm

Predetermined change. De Kock could have been playing like Gareth Edwards and he was going off after 50 mins.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 4:35 pm

Makes no sense though Steven. Good game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 4:39 pm

Typical Leicester fans when losing start booing the kicker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 5:03 pm

Wiggles offers better basics than De Kock, they swap alternate them every game. Wiggles offers a better tight game. Both top quality players, no other team has that at 9.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 28 May 2011, 5:03 pm

Still looking to do deals.

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 28 May 2011, 5:10 pm

Baby didnt look to happy with the win.

Farrell or Britz were MOTM imo

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 5:12 pm

Britz has improved a fair bit this season

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 5:13 pm

I like wiggles he is a good ap player. Great kicker. Just think de lock better and suits sarries more

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 May 2011, 6:39 pm

I think people made too much out of Britz's lineout throwing last season, but he's got better with it this year - I think he can get bullied in the scrum, but hasnt really been tested as much this year, think the last 8 weeks with no rain has helped him, as the season before last there were 2 months of playing on mud pitches!

THink Stevens is playing himself into the England squad, at the expense of either Wilson or Corbs - not sure yet, interestingly they want him to play tighthead on teh Saxons tour though. He's really impressed me.

Think Flood showed again today why he'll never be a top class international 10 - we have to go back to Wilkinson as starting 10, he's still world class and the best we have. Farrell outplayed him today, and was given less protection by his pack! Trouble with Farrell is that he wll be moved to the bench next season with Hodgson joining them. Think Sarries jumped the boat witht that particular signing as Farrell is a special player.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 May 2011, 6:43 pm

Very good story this one - about James Ticknell's recover - cracking player, hope he comes back strong!

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12610_6953988,00.html

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 8:12 pm

Great win for Sarries and it makes a change Leicester coming away with nothing. See Saracens going up a level with Hodgson coming in and getting that backline moving. I think Saints could of done with a Hodgson type FH instead of Lamb, crazy signing really. Be interesting to see if Mallinder can bring something to his game that others haven't.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 28 May 2011, 8:28 pm

Think that was the first Premiership Final where I didnt really care who wins, can't stand Sarries and can't stand leicester (good old Wasps rivalries).

THink Sarries are the best coached team in the league though, very clever tactics in every game they play - knew exactly where to hurt Leicester and have to give them credit for their defence - I dont get why other teams continue to give the ball to Brits though, at times it seemed that the Tigers kicking tactic was to kick it deep and allow him to run it back at them! Was crazy - to beat Sarries you need a strong pack and a good kicking game that pins them back in their own half - makes for a boring game though!

In saying that I dont rate Cockerill as a coach at all, dont think he has the tactical knowhow of other teams and is content to play it up through the forwards.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 28 May 2011, 11:11 pm

Come on lads looking to change my team around. Everyone (except Beale) can leave. Better players need better offers obviously :L

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 May 2011, 9:10 am

reds v crusaders was brilliant. Cooper a genius with ball in hand. I thought he outplayed Carter in all aspects besides kicking. he is so good as a defensive full back.

kieran read anonymous

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 9:23 am

He's not in top form Read, quite a few of the 'Saders haven't been firing when I've watched them. McCaw/Carter also seem a little off the boil, it's like they're holding back a bit....or getting WC nerves!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 May 2011, 9:48 am

those famous nz world cup nerves surely not

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 10:04 am

Morning all

Deserved win for the reds this morning, but I still fancy the 'Saders to win the thing overall, they just have the know how when we get to the knockout stages.

I think McCaw et al are easing into the year and trying to peak for the World Cup, which could be a mistake, they might be better just going for it and then trying to maintain form.

Crusaders and Bulls have the best packs in Super Rugby, but I have been impressed with the Reds forwards this season, they have really stepped up from last. Horwill and Higginbotham have been fantastic along with the blonde haired openside who went off injured this morning and whose name escapes me.

I think any two from the Stormers, Reds and Crusaders for the final and any one would be a deserving winner.

And in this game, I am around today and in the mood for some deals, so lets do it people! thumbsup
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 May 2011, 10:14 am

beau robinson. great openside

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 10:22 am

He's had a very good season Steve, he has two main problems as an Australian openside though...

1. He plays for the Reds and perception is that their pack is not great. (The reality is that it has been very good this year)

2. He's not David Pocock

Could be a good buy for anyone looking for an openside in the foreigns.

I am looking for the following transfers people

WC Lock
Good blinside flanker
Scrum half (decent back up)
Top outside centre

Hit me with some deals.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 10:34 am

I'm about today for any deals...got a day of rugby in store Very Happy

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 10:44 am

I'll be jumping between rugby and cricket today (and looking after the kids while the wife is at work!)
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 11:02 am

I feel for you Pete, you've got 4 haven't you? I've only got a dog (+wife) and they drive me nuts! Just watching Reds/'saders game. England later.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 11:08 am

I do have 4, but only the two youngest are in at the moment aged 18 months and nearly 4, both playing nicely which is good. Took the 10 year old to see Pirates of the Caribbean 4 yesterday, it is never ending them wanting to do stuff.

I actually like going to work to get a break!!! Very Happy

I'm just watching the 7's at the moment, although I suspect a request for Mickey Mouse clubhouse may be imminent!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sun 29 May 2011, 11:10 am

I'm about for some deals lads

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 11:16 am

Pooly, did you watch the T14 semi final yesterday. Trinh-Duc was really back to form for them, seems to have got over that dip he had after Christmas. Just need Parra back to his best and France will still be a force despite having Mad Marc in charge!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 11:22 am

I see there is another bidding war going on for a Championship player and am just wondering whether it wouldn't be a fairer idea for everyone to be allocated a Championship club as a feeder team where they can enlist players from for no fee?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 11:22 am

I think Parra is great Pete but lacking fizz. I'd have him only behind Du Preez in the scrummy pecking order but FdP is on the slide with injuries and form.

I've recorded that match, I did flick over and think Duc was in the sin bin?!?!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 11:28 am

Parra's been below par the tail end of the season, he definitely needs to get some sharpness back. Break might do him a bit of good to be honest.

FTD got binned about 10 minutes into the second half. Montpellier looked like holding out but if I am remembering correctly RM92 got a try just before he came back on.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 May 2011, 11:33 am

How are the teams allocated though Pete?

I would suggest perhaps giving the team who sign the player first option?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 11:36 am

I think that's what I seen, had a peek whist the missus was occupied. Think Read is playing pretty well Steve, although he has had one or two stinkers.

Crusaders won't be worried about Reds too much. Tough to go away and missing a fair few starters in Dagg, Maitland, Whitelock. They could easily go up a level and Reds just sneaked it at home.

I quite like the Championship bidding wars, gets rid of a bit of cash and gives a bit of entertainment during the off season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 11:37 am

Coopers kicking is absolutely awful. 1 from 4 pretty standard pens, JOC going to Reds will be huge for them next season.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 29 May 2011, 11:46 am

but Cooper's play in the loose was different class.

dissagree Pooly. reds missing 3 huge players aswell. reds won with a poor set piece and bad kicking. worst winning reds performance this season.

crusaders won't want to face reds again

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 11:49 am

Yea he played well mate, pretty decent effort in defence too. Terrible place kicker though and often the difference in tight games. I think the saders are on a different level myself.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 May 2011, 12:17 pm

Think there should be rule on Championship players where if you make a bid (say it has to be £0.5m minimum) then another player can make another bid but only up to £2.5m - if the original player who made the bid wants that Championship player he can then win the bid if he goes up to £3m.

I think that would be fair, as at present there are 2-3 people who will go through the Championship looking for good players and then when they make the bid it turns into a bidding war, which isnt really that fair.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 12:20 pm

That means whovever puts the first bid in always gets the player for 3m. I've done it a few times with players and being outbid. Just depends how much somebody is willing to play. I'm more than happy with how it is...I'd be more inclined to ban bids on Championship players.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 May 2011, 12:27 pm

What a day of sport yesterday was! Great finals all around!

Havn't seen the Reds game yet i'v sky+ it and i'm going to a family due this afternoon so will miss the second half of the england game.

What a way for Hugh the Hammer Vyvyan to end his career!

I'm happy with the way the bidding for championship players works , it's the same way that we do players from abroad and if we change the championship one we have to change the foreigns to correspond with it.

I'm open to the idea of a feeder club where you can send your academy and fringe players in exchange for 1st dibs on there players but would need to put some serious thought into it.

RFU Championship round 1 thread.....

https://www.606v2.com/t5758-rfu-summer-championship-round-1
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 May 2011, 12:38 pm

Following are available

HK John Smit (HK/TH) - South Africa
TH Juan Gomez - Argentina
TH Juan Pablo Orlandi - Argentina
LK Victor Matfield - South Africa
FL George Smith (BS/OS) - Australia
FH Ronan O'Gara - Ireland
FB Lee Byrne (FB/OC) - Wales
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 12:52 pm

Driver

As you will probably be able to tell from this comment I have too much time on my hands today and have been thinking about this game.

I think in the AP the rule about having 10 EQ players in the squad is a good one, but was wondering whether in Europe teams should just be allowed to play whoever they want, with no requirement for EQ players at all?

Just an idea.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 12:55 pm

Decent idea but do you not think that would make it even more AP sided? Didn't Toulouse/Leinster make the semi's this year?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 May 2011, 12:58 pm

Its a interesting idea , will give it some thought to some alternatives to the rule
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 29 May 2011, 12:59 pm

Yeah, it could do, but I don't think a team from outside the game could win it anyway, even with having to have the EQ players in.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 1:04 pm

Could maybe go back to the old rule in all euro comps. 10 English in matchday squad..(ie a bench of english lol)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 29 May 2011, 1:12 pm

irish transfer list

stowers, powell, bastereaud, mapusua, jp pieterson, jmh, james, kirchner, tagicakibau (maybe).

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 2:26 pm

That is one serious scrummaging front row for Ba's. Be a huge test for young Marler as Kubriashvili has gave every loosehead in the T14 issues all season in the set piece.

Can see us having issues.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 May 2011, 2:27 pm

And that backrow....Jesus.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 29 May 2011, 2:32 pm

first scrum marler wins!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next