The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

+11
dammit_chris
Sgt_Pooly
CJB
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
Adam D
pullthestrings
'Arry
LukeLovesLuka
Driver
15 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 6 Empty Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Wed 20 Apr 2011, 10:19 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the 4th season of the fantasy aviva premiership game

This Weeks match thread(s) :- TBA

Season One Homepage (Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part One(Archived)

Season Two Homepage Part Two(Archived)

Rules

Fixture/Results list

League Table

Top Points Scorers

Top Try Scorers

European Homepage

LV Anglo Welsh Cup Homepage

Transfer Homepage

Press Releases

Unavailable Players

Waiting list for a team

1. Sam
2. pullthestrings
3. Bathite

Teams
Bath RFC
Manager:- 207bars

Exeter Chiefs
Manager:- RugbyDriver

Gloucester
Manager:- Anonmattyt

Harlequins
Manager:- Steve_sharks

Leicester Tigers
Manager:- LukeLovesLuka

London Irish
Manager:- stnick88

London Wasps
Manager:- Arry

Newcastle Falcons
Manager:- PoolyPunk

Northampton Saints
Manager:- Dammit_Chris

Sale Sharks
Manager:- SirJohnnyEnglish

Saracens
Manager:- LDCPete]

Worcester Warriors
Manager - Prop_Lyd

Last edited by Driver - RIP 606 on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:22 pm; edited 16 times in total
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 May 2011, 12:44 pm

Ah right okay misunderstood your comment

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4 - Page 6 Empty Re: Fantasy Aviva Premiership season 4

Post by Driver Fri 27 May 2011, 4:53 pm

Won't be on tonight guys got the Junior section presentation which my team is involved with so will be there from about 5:30 thumbsup
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 May 2011, 4:58 pm

Steven_Sharks wrote:A fan of London Scottish pete or simply attenfing the function?

Very into my National league rugby. Some simply stunning players playing in them.

Not a London Scottish fan per se Steve, but very interested in National League rugby. There's a poster who was on 606 and now on here, AsLongAsButA100, who is a London Scottish fan (as well as Exeter Chiefs) who I have met up with a few times previous at games who invited me along tonight. Should be good craic.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 May 2011, 5:25 pm

Scottish will have plenty to celebrate tonight after their end to the season.

Good chance we'll see them in the Premiership in the years to come with their financial power if they have themselves a ground.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 May 2011, 5:32 pm

Crikey Pooly I thought someone would have to send a sweetener cheque through the post to convince you to part with SOB

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 5:53 pm

Lol...I think he's amazing mate, best backrower in the NH but I like to play with a traditional 7 and Brussouw is one of the best.

It'll be a sad time taking the SOB vid off my homepage....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Fri 27 May 2011, 9:58 pm

If Brussow ever recovers laughing

Was surprised when I saw that deal!

Who are people going for in the foreigns? Got a few ideas, but would be keen to know where people think I need to improve!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 27 May 2011, 10:07 pm

Anyone able to give me a run down of the First T14 semi?

Been watching The Hangover II. Soooooo funny well worth a watch. Galifianakis is a genius!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 11:02 pm

Just been to see that too Steve, cracking film! Brussow has played most games over the last few months, needs a good run in the Tri Nations though for def. Boks will be sweating over him and big Juan!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 11:21 pm

ASM smashed by the sounds of things Steve, have to watch it in the morning.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri 27 May 2011, 11:33 pm

Saw a bit - and poit and jauzion, and servat and Johnstone tore asm to bits.

Why livre isn't starting the Toulouse boys with rougerie out wide has to be the strangest decision going...

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 11:35 pm

Brussow keeps trying to come back and picking up niggles. Had 2 great games then out for a few. Cheetahs on form. Brussow pointed out their front row and ousthuizen topping steals despite being prop. Strauss most defenders beaten ??? Shows how bad they were early on.

Off to ba ba s game and thought it was tomorrow. We have booked a car from Bristol !! Trying to rearrange now. Trinder not ready hope they do not ruin.

Been a Tom Johnson fan for years! Tried getting from pooly years ago played against him when he was at cov or Nuneaton.great pace.

Marler in 3 years will be best prop in world. Unreal. Have offered Steven everything bar carter

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Fri 27 May 2011, 11:37 pm

Id agree Luke. Lucky you in WC though. Do like Medard though think he is a quality player

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 11:39 pm

Lack of ten hurts France. I love parra but he slows the game when france need a quick tempo.

This playing off round the corner does not suit them.

Rougerie should be brought off blind into midfield and then width. France don't commit backrow or midfield of opposition

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 11:43 pm

ASM arnt in great form. Their pack hasn't been great and Parra hasn't quite had his normal spark. Their new blood will give them some side though.

I'm a massive Parra fan but agree 10's are a real oddity in France. Skerla is pretty average and Trinh-Duc is more like a ball playing 12 than a 10 (reminds me a little of McAlister at 10)

Is it not tomorrow then Matt?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Fri 27 May 2011, 11:45 pm

Dimitri Yachvili (FRA)
David Skrela (FRA)
Yannick Jauzion (IC/OC) (FRA)
Florian Fritz (OC/IC) (FRA)
Damien Traille (IC/FB/FH/OC) (FRA)
Aurelien Rougerie (WG/OC) (FRA)
Vincent Clerc (WG) (FRA)
Clement Poitrenaud (FB/IC) (FRA)

My love of the French style has gone abit far Erm

I'd do a better job than ML Very Happy

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Fri 27 May 2011, 11:47 pm

Funny thing is after the WC they will all be dropped for not winning it. He is a bit of a muppet

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 11:52 pm

Think Jauzion might retire myself, McAlister coming in to play 12 outside Beaxuis and Poitrenaud has looked good at 12 also.

Be a real shame if he does though, been fantastic over the years.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 May 2011, 11:55 pm

London Scottish have been promoted from our league. I have not played a 1xv game this year and never will. Not good enough anymore and too many commitments. Lon scots are a traditional club a la Irish lon welsh etc.
This current incarnation of lon Scottish is however so removed from this it's untrue.

Travelling support less than 30. All Money great players and no heart.

I love rugby but sometimes worry. They had players on 40k plus in some positions.

Ealing had a player on 60k when sponsored by trailfinders this year. They won national 2 below. Their gate is apparently 130 on a good day ??? How is that sustainable ??. Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 27 May 2011, 11:56 pm

60k....I'm in the wrong job!!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 28 May 2011, 12:01 am

Can't see Jauzion retiring yet. He's only 32.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:05 am

Pongo pooly. No money in army. Mate of mine was at sandhurst did 7 years now working for company called olive advising about security in trashcanistan earning fortune but dangerous.

You ever posted to Iraq / afghan pooly ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 12:28 am

Afghan twice, Iraq twice. Done Qatar last year and got offered job starting 60k for 6 months then 80/100k depending on progression. Was in Afghan for 9months a year though, I don't mind Afghan but what's the point earning mega bucks and not been able to spend it!

Also Mrs put her foot down lol

Good life military but pump wages really.

You must be on good wedge Matt, this jet set life style you have...girl in every port Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:36 am

Love the wife pooly!!

Have a good job but then I work lots and also international so get paid well. Mrs had a good job and decided that she was unhappy so wanted to re train. I said cool and chased the money. She is retraining as a speech therapist 4 years ink. 2 years in.

Went after the big bucks to cover it. Sacrifice playing all season and away a lot but so be it.

Plus side do as many big sports events as poss.

Doing bit of wc now Inc jock game.

Also doing the Wales warm ups both.

Generally I do any sports event going.

Also keep a season ticket and 1/4 of a box at glos from next year. Purely for clients

Glos season ticket best going we rarely use.
Box for business. Prefer the shed or buildbase. See nothing or enjoy anything behind posts in box

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:37 am

Agree on point of doing it my mate hates it and endangers his life!? Why bother

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 12:41 am

Our lass nearly went for that but decided on teaching, alot of training but imagine it to be rewarding speech therapy.

Wish I was still at Brize Norton, would have went to Kingsholm, they play some good stuff unlike the Falcons.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 May 2011, 9:02 am

Dole bum = Minted lol Rolling Eyes

Anybody watching Lions vs Highlanders? Great game so far very end to end.

Cowen is pants in my opinion! Delivers poor ball most of the time , can't seem to wisk the passes off the floor. Janties/James really sharp in the Lions midfield.

Ben Smith would walk into most 6 nations teams - Mans pure class!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 9:06 am

3 odd years ago ben smith was playing 10 in gloucester 2 for old colstonians where he was a teacher.

went home and progressed of the scale. Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 May 2011, 9:16 am

Fantastic player such a weavy runner.

Heard a funny story about Danny Care last night ,

A few of my mates went to watch the 7s last weekend at HQ and went out on the night and went to a nightclub called inferno where Danny Care was on the dance floor - shirt off dancing with some fat bird lol , So one of the lads goes over and says 'are you Danny Care?' Care replies with 'Yeah i am , whats it got to do with you?' so in response the lads all take there shirts off and start rubbing Danny Cares nipples lol safe to say he was not amused lol.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sat 28 May 2011, 9:29 am

Most Wasps players are available, come and get your bids in!

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 9:56 am

Inferno in clapham. A real dive! Seen quite a few quins and wasps players there over the years.

Good effort Danny care

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 May 2011, 9:59 am

What's the best night out you'v had matt?

Went on tour to Leeds the other week and was too mortared to get in anywhere on the friday lol , but was good the saturday!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 10:33 am

Best night out that's a tough one driver.

Bristol has some good spots.

Big fan of Swansea always a funny night out.

Best party place I have ever been is brazil. Rio is a crazy place

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 10:47 am

Unexpected bonus Luke....looks like Rougerie is out of the World cup.

http://www.planet-rugby.co.za/story/0,25883,3551_6922696,00.html

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 May 2011, 10:53 am

That's what happened to my foot the first time!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Sat 28 May 2011, 11:17 am

Didn't France only pick a prelim squad of 32. That makes it 31, can't think if anyone else has dropped out. Jauzion could end up back in 🤦

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sat 28 May 2011, 11:26 am

Alright chaps, I'm looking for a full back, number eight, second row and centre.

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 May 2011, 11:59 am

Best night out for me is probably Liverpool for me. Went for my first night out there after Liverpool beat United 1-4 at Old Trafford and it was absolutely mental on a sunday night which to me is a good sign.

I am going for Saracens, Munster and Barcelona wins today as well as Reds winning tomorrow.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 May 2011, 12:03 pm

I'm going with Saracens , Leinster and Man Utd
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sat 28 May 2011, 12:05 pm

That 31 also includes Domingo who is injured too.

Why rougerie was included was beyond me. His leg was in two...

Leicester, Leinster and Barce...

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 May 2011, 12:05 pm

Liverpool is a great night out, much better than Newcastle. Didn't get out once there this week Steve, stated at Hightown ranges near Formby. Climbing was intense 8-6 so didn't fancy doing it half cut Sad

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 28 May 2011, 12:10 pm

I won't be on for a while if United win. I will be crying into a pillow for a few weeks.

Hate Manchester United more than any other team, players or being on this planet. The very definition of hypocrisy and winning without any class or soul.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:33 pm

I don't support united but admire them. Dont like arsenal because they do zero for English football.I despise Liverpool. Liverpool think they have a divine right to win and i have seen their fans do appalling things abroad. Had the misfortune of being in istanbul when they were there. Saw some unmentionable acts. It's easy to see it was an isolated bunch but almost every fan was behaving that way.

Pure scumbags.

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sat 28 May 2011, 12:36 pm

saracens, munster and utd for me.

bournemouth is a quality night out. cardiff not bad either.

i sometimes go in the big corner box at the mad stad where all the wags and injured players go. can be interesting listening to players views on games. sat with danaher a few times and a few of the younger lads like joseph and watson. lack of atmosphere frustrates me at rugby in the stands, people look at me funny if i make too much noise.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 28 May 2011, 12:39 pm

anonmattyt wrote:London Scottish have been promoted from our league. I have not played a 1xv game this year and never will. Not good enough anymore and too many commitments. Lon scots are a traditional club a la Irish lon welsh etc.
This current incarnation of lon Scottish is however so removed from this it's untrue.

Travelling support less than 30. All Money great players and no heart.

I love rugby but sometimes worry. They had players on 40k plus in some positions.

Ealing had a player on 60k when sponsored by trailfinders this year. They won national 2 below. Their gate is apparently 130 on a good day ??? How is that sustainable ??. Very sad

Having spent the night at London Scottish last night I would dispute the comment about no heart Mat. Yes they have good financial backing, and have bought in some good players, but the traditions of the club remain and the passion of the members is there for all to see.

Support wise they will be one of, if not the worst supported side in the Championship next year, but the club has done amazingly well to come back from where they were a decade ago. At the top end rugby is a professional business and therefore cash has to be involved at any club that wants to sit at the top table. A surplus of cash however does not always equate to a lack of heart, and I am suprised to hear that is the perception that may be held of such an established and proud club as London Scottish.

In other news, I am backing Sarries to beat the Tiggers today, am indifferent to who wins the Magners, and 100% behind Montpellier to turn over Racing in the second T14 semi.

thumbsup
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:43 pm

Depends where you
Nick!

Football stadiums do not work for rugby. Irish wasps Saracens all lack atmosphere.

Not a fan of welford road to family orientated. Love franklins gardens. Bath has a good atmosphere as much as it pains me. Used to love heywood road

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:47 pm

Taking less than 30 away supporters is poor pete.

We were absolutely amazed. The lowest number of away supporters from any club who visited us apparently. When you consider they were top its even more amazing.

London Scottish are a proper club and used to get a few thousand before they sank.

My main point is how can they ever sustain themselves with such low crowds?! When the money goes I can see the same thing happening to them again

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 28 May 2011, 12:52 pm

No dispute there Mat, they need to market the club and get bums on seats, or they will not be able to sustain their progression in the long term.

They know that though, and are trying to take the cclub more to the community. I hope they succeed, as like you say, they are a proper club.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2011, 12:54 pm

There is a lot of competition around that area for fans. Quite a few clubs about.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Arry Sat 28 May 2011, 1:36 pm

Is the AP final not on sky today?!?! :run2:

'Arry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next