The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers...

+3
maestegmafia
Jimpy
kingelderfield
7 posters

Go down

Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers... Empty Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers...

Post by kingelderfield Fri 26 Oct 2012, 2:10 am

It maybe the early morning of the day before, a day when Lancaster.................

Enough of that, no the feeling I have is entirely that, just a feeing as the only team news i've picked up on was Cockerill saying he'll be playing his eps members - which I think will spur on their Glawster adversaries.

So no great insight I admit, but there's no point being a told you so, so best make your predictions before the event I reckon.

Basically my hunch is that if Glaws can get quick ball (still no tiggers 7 to contend with) out to the likes of Cowan, Burns, 12trees, Trinder et al then theres real hope of a home win.

What say you?

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers... Empty Re: Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers...

Post by Jimpy Fri 26 Oct 2012, 8:23 am

I say, why do the shed heads all shout 'Eeyore, Eeyore' when ever an opposition player makes a mistake but seem oblivious to their own teams' man sausage ups...

Kingsholm holds no fear for Tigers these days, Tigers by at least 7.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers... Empty Re: Very late in the day.....but I have a feeling, a feeling deep inside....Glaws to beat the Tigers...

Post by kingelderfield Sat 27 Oct 2012, 9:38 am

Come on Glaws no cobblewobbles......across the piece there are some noticable match ups.

I'd say on paper the Tigers forwards have it with the backline going to Gloucester.

If they give it both barrells then my money is safe with Glaws.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 27 Oct 2012, 9:50 am

Certainly looked beatable last weekend, just hold on tight in the last ten minutes.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Oct 2012, 9:59 am

If Glaws have any ambition to do well this season, they should win this match.

They will miss big jim though.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:04 am

Looking forward to Burns & Flood match up.

Murphy & Deacon will improve the Tigers from last week but they still have key players missing. Should be a cracker!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:06 am

Back row is our main injury issue:

Croft, Salvi, Brett Deacon, Thorpe, Wessel Jooste all injured - hence Slater covering back row.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:09 am

LondonTiger wrote:Back row is our main injury issue:

Croft, Salvi, Brett Deacon, Thorpe, Wessel Jooste all injured - hence Slater covering back row.

Yep leaves a big hole.

When is Benjamin due back?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Oct 2012, 10:40 am

Not in 2012 - his neck got rather nmangled apparently.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sat 27 Oct 2012, 7:09 pm

Congratulations to one and all.

Lessons learnt;

As I suspected Gloucester wanted it more, which is understandable when you look at the 2 recent european games each have played and who will be playing in the internationals as opposed to the lv cup.

Cowan is as I thought, 3rd choice for his super rugby franchise and tired at the end of a long season. I doubt if he can really provide the answer for the Gloucesters nine shirt.

Cockerill is tremendous bloke - he bleeds tiger - however I wonder how long he can last in the hot seat. The pressure grows every year they don't win the Aviva or the H'cup. I just think he will burn out the way he is going, its as if the formula/his approach is to inconcistent.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 29 Oct 2012, 6:02 pm

There is a lot of pressure on Cockers but losing away at Glaws is hardly unusual for Tigers (and most other teams). The bonus point was retrieved and I'd have taken that before kick off. Win the home games and get points where possible away.

Need to wrap the fit backrowers in cotton wool ahead of the Saints game and then hide them away until after the LV Cup.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Mon 29 Oct 2012, 7:13 pm

Jimpy wrote:I say, why do the shed heads all shout 'Eeyore, Eeyore' when ever an opposition player makes a mistake but seem oblivious to their own teams' man sausage ups...

Because we never, ever make mistakes Whistle

But we have been known to make such noises to our own players, but it's normally when we're 40 points up...

kingelderfield wrote:

Cowan is as I thought, 3rd choice for his super rugby franchise and tired at the end of a long season. I doubt if he can really provide the answer for the Gloucesters nine shirt.

He's still learning our system, so give him time. We did pay over the odds for him, but there are very few top class SH available and anyone who gets 50+ caps for the ABs is going to be top class. He is already showing that he is better than Rory Lawson and his experience will be invaluable for our young backs.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Mon 29 Oct 2012, 8:16 pm

HKC I hope you're right regards Cowan, but my instinct says otherwise. Eitherway Glaws now have a real top quality coach whose judgement is not in doubt.

I'm still believing they'll be top 4 come May time, and as we all know there's a very long season still ahead of us.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down