The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

+41
Atila
owen10ozzy
Duty281
Ent
dummy_half
JPX
CFCNick
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
lorus59
kwinigolfer
mystiroakey
NickisBHAFC
Noble-Surfer
Mat
mobilemaster8
Nakatomi Plaza
azania
Hulking_up
Fernando
TRUSSMAN66
JamesLincs
Il Gialloblu
as1079
MetalMotty
Kay Fabe
GSC
Liam
lfc91
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
MIG
Stella
liverbnz
Geordie
Lumbering_Jack
Kenny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Small Time
hampo17
nasisillmatic
Crimey
45 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 19 Empty Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Crimey Wed 31 Oct 2012, 11:01 am

First topic message reminder :

For all Liverpool's based discussion.

If you're here just to wind Liverpool fans up, don't bother posting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 19 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2013, 11:13 pm

I can see Reina leaving now but Begovic is an adequate replacement. Reina hasn't been that good for a while now.

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux - Page 19 Empty Re: Liverpool FC Thread: Numero Deux

Post by Kenny Fri 24 May 2013, 11:16 pm

Pepe has played well in the last few matches but was a little error prone before that , think Barca may come calling and he would want to go so bringing in Begovic is a good move
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 May 2013, 7:21 am

I'm not sure Begovic is as good as Reina, he had a good season last year for sure, but Reina has been class for several years now, and a bad year or two doesn't change that.

I certainly wouldn't want to be spending anywhere near £15 million on a new keeper when we have Reina. You have to remember that Liverpool had the second most clean sheets last year, and Reina was still a big part of that. The main issue was actually that when a goal was conceded, the defence would crumble and likely concede another.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 May 2013, 11:17 am

Begovic is a good GK, but he's a tad overrated imo.

If I was Liverpool I'd have gone after Butland to replace Reina in a few years. For only £4 million I think Stoke have got themselves a bargain
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 25 May 2013, 12:55 pm

Liverpool should go after McCarthy IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 May 2013, 2:23 pm

I don't think we need another central midfielder, I like McCarthy and would rather we had signed him than Allen who has been a huge waste of money so far. While he has time to turn it around, I'm not sure he can now because he was signed because Rodgers seemed to feel his side couldn't work without a player like Allen, but Lucas can do his job nearly just as well as well as offering defensive protection.

I also imagine we'd end up getting ripped off by Wigan if we tried to sign McCarthy.

Stewart Downing is again looking like he might be leaving, seems to being offered around quite a bit, Fulham want to loan him, but we want to sell him. Makes sense really, even when Rodgers was playing Downing week in, week out there was always the sense that Rodgers still didn't like him. If we can get anywhere near £10 million for him I'd cut our losses.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 25 May 2013, 2:32 pm

I meant Alex McCarthy the Reading Keeper. I probably spelt his last name wrong!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 25 May 2013, 2:35 pm

I think he's definitely more overrated than Begovic! He's a good shot stopper, but seems poor at organising his defence and is more error prone than Reina.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 12:48 pm

I can't see us buying Begovic if Reina is going to stay though can you ? 15 million is a lot for a keeper on the bench
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Tue 28 May 2013, 3:11 pm

It's not inconceivable that Reina will leave though. If Valdes does leave Barca, then I'm sure Pepe will be seen as a possible replacement. Prudent of Liverpool to cover all basis.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 3:12 pm

According to reports in Spain Valdes has agreed to join Monaco
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 May 2013, 3:15 pm

Valdes is deffo leaving Barca
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 28 May 2013, 10:40 pm

Kolo Toure deal has been agreed.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 28 May 2013, 11:47 pm

Like i said before i think as a covering centre back its good business , and im glad we are not hanging around and waiting till the last minute to tie signings up
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 May 2013, 9:02 am

Liverpool have almost agreed deal for Barcelona B star Luis Alberto but your buying him from Sevilla as he was only on loan from them to Barca according to Guillem Balague.

If that's true he's a very good signing

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 30 May 2013, 10:22 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/craig-bellamy-autobiography-golf-club-1922686

Looks like this could be a decent read. Don't remember the story about Dudek getting out though.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 6:21 pm

Luis is leaving ................No he's staying ..............No he's leaving again ...........No we wont let him
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 31 May 2013, 11:16 pm

I think he'd be a lot quieter if we gave him a raise.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 11:24 pm

It may sound a little daft but i think the club hold all the cards

We signed him to a new long term contract last year which gives him a basic wage of about £80,000 i believe it was said at the time and the rest is all performance based ie goals , won matches , trophies etc

that is not an overly high wage to pay him for not playing ( £80,000) if it did come down to him wanting to leave and the club not wanting to sell . I know you don't really want a player causing unrest in the dressing room but it strengthens the price we could hold out for ....is what i mean
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 31 May 2013, 11:27 pm

The buy out clause is also at an acceptable £40 million if a club does want him that much.

Amazingly the club has actually managed to put itself in a really good position.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 31 May 2013, 11:31 pm

Like i have said before i would sell him for 40million+

We proved in the last few games that we can score without him , in fact we played some very nice football . Saying that i wouldn't be apposed to him staying either as he is a quality player .

With that sort of money plus what ever else there is to spend we could improve the squad in a few areas .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:40 am

The Mail on Sunday is reporting that Atletico Madrid have joined city rivals Real in the race to sign Luis Suarez from Liverpool as a replacement for Falcao.
But Real could cool their interest in the Reds striker, 26, if they are encouraged to move for his fellow Uruguayan, Napoli striker Edinson Cavani, 26

but according to reports in other papers Liverpool wont sell for anything less then a club record £50million+fee beating the Torres transfer
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:55 pm

If we get 50 for him, 10/15 for carroll, and assuming we get to keep it all for transfers and the yanks give us a small transfer kitty also...we could be looking at around 80/90 million for transfers, which if spent wisely(which means no overated english or ex swansea players) could be enough to rebuild the squad! Optimistic i know..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 12:57 pm

Talk of Torres returning if Suarez leaves ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:31 pm

What price?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

20 million has been mentioned , but i dont think all the fee has been paid to us yet ? i thought it was over 4 years ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 1:41 pm

I wouldn't pay more the 15 million for him now , but if we could get him for that and sell Carroll for the same then why not
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 02 Jun 2013, 4:17 pm

If the price was around 15 i would gladly take him back.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:21 pm

Torres would be the perfect replacement if Suarez leaves IMO.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:23 pm

There's no way Chelsea will sell him back to Liverpool for a fee around £15m. Not a chance.

They may be poorly run, but that'd be a ridiculously silly move
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

I think it would depend on how much Chelsea still owe from the 50 million fee if any ?

If they do still owe something and you add that to a 15million bid then maybe ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:25 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Torres would be the perfect replacement if Suarez leaves IMO.

Would he? He doesn't have the dribbling, passing or even pace of Suarez. He's a much more traditional centre forward, which is surely where Sturridge will play?

If Suarez goes we need to find a forward who can work between the lines.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sun 02 Jun 2013, 5:39 pm

According to the People newspaper our number one choice for goalkeeper if Pepe Reina leaves is Sunderlands Simon Mignolet not Asmir Begovic of Stoke
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 3:19 pm

Kenny wrote:According to the People newspaper our number one choice for goalkeeper if Pepe Reina leaves is Sunderlands Simon Mignolet not Asmir Begovic of Stoke
Brad Jones must be weeping into his cereal.

I'd be gutted if Suarez left because despite the good performances since he was banned there's still a slight doubt of Sturridge's susceptibility to injury and also, in some games, we lack that little bit of spark and invention. Suarez and Coutinho could turn out to be one of the best partnerships we've had for a long long time.

I hope someone with a bit of nous will have a word with Suarez and tell him to bide his time over the Summer as the English press will tire of him just as soon as someone else decides to make a bell of himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:21 pm

If stays or goes i just hope that this sorted out either way sooner rather then later so we can plan going forward
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jun 2013, 4:24 pm

Kenny wrote:If stays or goes i just hope that this sorted out either way sooner rather then later so we can plan going forward
Agreed, I couldn't abide anymore of this 11th hour (56th minute) nonsense like we had with Torres thus leaving the club to either A/ Freeze up in the transfer market or B/ make a rash signing because "any move simply has to be better than none"

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 04 Jun 2013, 1:01 pm

With the form Suarez was in last season, he could be the difference between finishing in the top 4 and not. How much is it worth to us to get Champions League football? While selling him for £40 million may sound good business for, getting 4th could be worth even more in the long run.

The problem with him, is how many games will he be banned for next season after doing something else?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 1:16 pm

this is on our website from a story in the Guardian

Liverpool have identified Shakhtar Donetsk's Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a leading transfer target for the summer and are not deterred by the £22m price tag on one of the most coveted players in European football.

The Anfield club have registered their interest in the Armenia international, who scored a record 25 goals in the Ukrainian Premier League last season despite operating as an attacking midfielder.

Mkhitaryan put Europe's leading clubs on alert following Shakhtar's elimination from the Champions League by admitting he wanted to play for "one of the strongest clubs in the world", and the 24-year-old was subsequently linked with Barcelona, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Liverpool, however, tracked the midfielder throughout last season and believe Mkhitaryan would consider a move to Anfield despite the lack of European football currently on offer and rival interest.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 04 Jun 2013, 8:09 pm

http://bbcsporf.lockerdome.com/articles/107995657

Yikes
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 8:22 pm

The home kit is really nice again this year, so they've decided to balance the universe by giving us two of the most disgusting kits ever.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:12 pm

Warrior are surly the worst kit makers ever.

par from nike being the most generic and boring

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:35 pm

Nike make nice kits. These 2 reserve kits as opposed to the nice simple home shirt show that simpler is better.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:34 pm

See facebook and twitter is slagging it off Laugh

I actually don't mind them!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:53 pm

yes i posted them a few months back , i would of rather had a plain white away shirt with black shorts and red socks and then they could of done what they wanted with the 3rd kit for me
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:20 pm

I think the home goalkeeper's shirt would have been perfect for an away shirt.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 04 Jun 2013, 11:23 pm

agree OK
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 05 Jun 2013, 12:58 pm

I like the white one.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:28 pm

I'd like to think that teams playing at Anfield will be so in awe of the new home kit and the memories of 1984 that they are reduced to quivering wrecks and when we play away, the opposition will be p!$$ing themselves laughing too much to string more than two passes together

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:35 pm

My mate has just sent me a text saying he read Bayern Munich want Suarez and are willing to pay 25 million plus Arjen Robben .

Anyone else heard this ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Jun 2013, 2:38 pm

Why would we exchange a player who is sublime with both feet for one who is so one-footed we'd be better off buying Christie Brown?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next